The Suitcase - Duvet, Sham & Dr. Suess

I see what you're saying, and you may be right. But if that were truly the case (IMO), why didn't Patsy say in this interview, "We never pack suitcases when we fly on the private plane, we always just take plastic bags. Have to make weight!" Easy enough to say in this interview, early on, especially if it's the rule and it's true.

In this interview, she implied she doesn't KNOW whether they were going to use a suitcase/suitcases or not, she THINKS she was just throwing stuff in a plastic bag. But she's not sure. :waitasec:

(snipped for focus from previous posts)

PR: I don’t . . .

PR: . . .know if any suitcases were going just this, I had a plastic bag and some shopping bag and some shopping bags with presents and stuff. I mean, we were flying our own plane, so we don’t rally, you know, pack real, you can just kind of throw stuff in there, you know.

PR: So, I didn’t have any, I wasn’t going to take, I don’t think I was going to take a suitcase to Charlevoix.

I agree sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but who the heck doesn't know whether they were going to pack a suitcase or not? She said she was getting ready for the trip when they got home for the party and, if her story is to be believed, woke up just about an hour before they were to leave. She either had them packed up in suitcases or she didn't. How, days later, does she not KNOW the answer? Her evasive non-commital answer, to me, is a red flag. :twocents:

Here's another piece of interview with Patsy. I posted this in another thread, but thought we should hear about where all the suitcases might have been the night JB was killed. Packing for JB & Burke in JAR's room, suitcases for her and John most likely in their respective areas. All for the Disney trip.
Patsy was putting stuff in plastic bags in the laundry area to take to Michigan.

Patsy Ramsey Interrogation by Steve Thomas, Tom Trujillo
Also present, Pat Burke, Bryan Morgan, Pete Hoffstrom, Jon Foster
April 30, 1997 - Boulder, Colorado
http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/19...w-Complete.htm

TT: Okay. Where were you packing the suitcases there?
PR: Um, the suitcases for the cruise I think I was packing in John Andrew’s room which is that room up on the same area as JonBenet’s room.
TT: Um hum.
PR: With the black bedspread on it.
TT: Okay. That’s John Andrew’s room?
PR: Yeah.
TT: Okay.
PR: We refer to it as his room.
PR: Um, the guest room, whatever. Um, I had two or three black suitcases in there and I think I had my suitcase up in my dressing room. . .
PR: . . .packing.
TT: And were you packing suitcases for the trip to the lake separately or was that all together?
PR: No, it’s not together.
PR: Those were two separate trips. The lake I think I was just packing a plastic bag.
PR: Because we have clothes up at the lake and uh, just taking a few. . .
TT: Okay, where, was, where were you packing the plastic bag at?
PR: Um, if I remember right, I think it was uh, in the laundry room area, right outside JonBenet’s room.

TT: Okay. Did John help you get packed up at all?
PR: Uh, he, I believe, put some presents in the, in the Jeep.
TT: Okay. But he didn’t. . .
PR: Not the clothes.
TT: . . .pack his own clothes or anything like that?
PR: Oh, he probably would have packed his own clothes (inaudible) stuff.
TT: Okay. And do you know where he had that suitcase at that he packed his clothes at? Was that in the uh, John Andrew’s room?
PR: Um, no. It would, it would have been in his probably.
PR: I, I think I just had a couple of suitcase, the kids suitcases on the bed there, Burke’s and JonBenet’s.
TT: Okay. So you had Burke’s and JonBenet’s suitcases in John Andrew’s room, your suitcase was upstairs and John’s would have been upstairs too then.
PR: The best that I can remember, yeah.

TT: Okay. What did Burke do when you got home then.
PR: Um, I don’t remember exactly, but I think he went to go play with something. I think maybe he and John were fussing with something. A toy he wanted to put together or something.
PR: I was trying to finish putting together things for in the morning and. . .
TT: Okay. Finish kind of packing, again the suitcases on the bed. Were they all finished, packed up?
PR: Um, probably pretty close to it.
TT: Okay. And then the close to go to Charlevoix those were. . .
PR: Right.
TT: . . .in a plastic bag.
PR: Plastic bag. Um hum.
TT: And they were already to go? You said you carried down to (inaudible).

Here's another piece of interview with Patsy. I posted this in another thread, but thought we should hear about where all the suitcases might have been the night JB was killed. Packing for JB & Burke in JAR's room, suitcases for her and John most likely in their respective areas. All for the Disney trip.
Patsy was putting stuff in plastic bags in the laundry area to take to Michigan.

Patsy Ramsey Interrogation by Steve Thomas, Tom Trujillo
Also present, Pat Burke, Bryan Morgan, Pete Hoffstrom, Jon Foster
April 30, 1997 - Boulder, Colorado
http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/19...w-Complete.htm

TT: Okay. Where were you packing the suitcases there?
PR: Um, the suitcases for the cruise I think I was packing in John Andrew’s room which is that room up on the same area as JonBenet’s room.
PR: With the black bedspread on it.
TT: Okay. That’s John Andrew’s room?
PR: We refer to it as his room.
PR: Um, the guest room, whatever. Um, I had two or three black suitcases in there and I think I had my suitcase up in my dressing room. . .
PR: . . .packing.
TT: And were you packing suitcases for the trip to the lake separately or was that all together?
PR: No, it’s not together.
PR: Those were two separate trips. The lake I think I was just packing a plastic bag.
PR: Because we have clothes up at the lake and uh, just taking a few. . .
PR: Um, if I remember right, I think it was uh, in the laundry room area, right outside JonBenet’s room.

TT: Okay. And do you know where he had that suitcase at that he packed his clothes at? Was that in the uh, John Andrew’s room?
PR: I, I think I just had a couple of suitcase, the kids suitcases on the bed there, Burke’s and JonBenet’s.
TT: Okay. So you had Burke’s and JonBenet’s suitcases in John Andrew’s room, your suitcase was upstairs and John’s would have been upstairs too then.

TT: Okay. What did Burke do when you got home then.
PR: Um, I don’t remember exactly, but I think he went to go play with something. I think maybe he and John were fussing with something. A toy he wanted to put together or something.
PR: I was trying to finish putting together things for in the morning and. . .
TT: Okay. Finish kind of packing, again the suitcases on the bed. Were they all finished, packed up?
PR: Um, probably pretty close to it.
TT: Okay. And then the close to go to Charlevoix those were. . .
PR: Right.
TT: . . .in a plastic bag.
PR: Plastic bag. Um hum.
TT: And they were already to go? You said you carried down to (inaudible).

Thanks for this!

First, in one interview, Patsy stated that they mostly only had summer clothes at the MI house.

ST: And did those, did that packing include clothing or do you have clothes at Charlevoix.
PR: Well, I think it included some clothes, because most of the clothes up there are summer shorts and T-shirts and stuff like that,

But in this interview you quoted above,...

PR: Because we have clothes up at the lake

:waitasec:

And what the heck is this?

Would have packed? Not 'probably packed'? She doesn't guess that by 5 am (?) he'd either packed or not packed yet for TWO back to back trips?

I guess the bottom line for me is, yes, there were multiple suitcases lying around split between two floors. We have NO idea which ones were originally intended for what, only their words, and, as seen in every interview, their memories are very hazy. Like amnesia hazy.

The samsonite could have easily been upstairs, in JAR's room, as an option for FL, that was either decided against, or the contents dumped out when they found they needed it for something else.

Or it was still in the laundry room.

Didn't JR in one interview mention the samsonite was, for a while, stored off by the laundry room (where Patsy says she was packing the 'plastic bags'?) Isn't that also where the diapers were hanging out of the cabinet?

15 JOHN RAMSEY: No. My recollection
16 of where that suitcase came from was he brought
17 some clothes from Atlanta, where he went to
18 school, and when the kid left to go to school be
19 and every port in a storm in his apartment, and
20 it ended up and it was in his room for a while,
21 then it was in the laundry room outside of his
22 room for a while, and then I carried it
23 downstairs. I presumed it was empty.

Methinks that laundry area saw some hella high traffic the night of the 25th.

I see what you're saying, and you may be right. But if that were truly the case (IMO), why didn't Patsy say in this interview, "We never pack suitcases when we fly on the private plane, we always just take plastic bags. Have to make weight!" Easy enough to say in this interview, early on, especially if it's the rule and it's true.

In this interview, she implied she doesn't KNOW whether they were going to use a suitcase/suitcases or not, she THINKS she was just throwing stuff in a plastic bag. But she's not sure. :waitasec:

(snipped for focus from previous posts)

PR: I don’t . . .

PR: . . .know if any suitcases were going just this, I had a plastic bag and some shopping bag and some shopping bags with presents and stuff. I mean, we were flying our own plane, so we don’t rally, you know, pack real, you can just kind of throw stuff in there, you know.

PR: So, I didn’t have any, I wasn’t going to take, I don’t think I was going to take a suitcase to Charlevoix.

I agree sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but who the heck doesn't know whether they were going to pack a suitcase or not? She said she was getting ready for the trip when they got home for the party and, if her story is to be believed, woke up just about an hour before they were to leave. She either had them packed up in suitcases or she didn't. How, days later, does she not KNOW the answer? Her evasive non-commital answer, to me, is a red flag. :twocents:
and even if she wasn't going to take suitcases, their stuff still had to be packed, because it doesn't just fold itself and jump into bags without help. There should have been some packed clothes and clothes on hangers and some kind of bag with their personal things like toothbrushes and make-up, their books (since they admitted reading most nights), probably some snacks and games for the kids, plus all of the gifts they were taking. I know PR and JR said they had plenty of clothes in Michigan, but kids grow fast, so their clothes, especially shoes, might not have fit anymore. JR said, this was their first Christmas in Michigan and PR was dreading the 'nasty' weather, so did they all have winter coats, etc there? I know from experience, that packing for a 1 or 2 day trip is just as annoying and time consuming as packing for a week. Just getting my 10 yr old ready for a slumber party takes a lot of planning and time.

Another thing. Even I, and I'm disorganized, make a check-list before I start packing. It makes that job plus getting back home with all of our things a lot easier. If PR had a list, I bet it had a lot more on it for the Michigan trip, than 'a bag for our stuff'.

Make of this what you will, but I have read that they often used plastic bags to pack clothes when they went on the private plane to save weight. I know that in those small planes, every ounce counts and those hard-sided suitcases are very heavy, even when empty. I believe I saw either JR or Patsy say this somewhere, so the use of the plastic bags DOES make sense. It needn't have been suspicious. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
They were also planning a SECOND trip immediately after the trip to Charlevoix. They were going on a Disney cruise (the Big Red Boat) where they would also celebrate Patsy's 40th birthday. The suitcases were probably packed for THAT trip because there wasn't time to do it when they returned from Charlevoix.

DeeDee249,
mmm, its not the plastic bags that are suspicious. Its the presence of suitcases on the spare bed, in conjuction with the disclaimer, we only use plastic bags!

Also we have JR either that day or the previous, loading the plane with items, no mention of plastic bags in that context either. I think the interview with both PR & JR is up on acandyrose.

Summarising Patsy might be telling the truth, but it does not answer the question put to her.

So JR was readying and packing the plane on Christmas day for several hours. Their clothes were in plastic bags at the house. The presents were in the Jeep. Just what exactly was JR doing for several hours, especially since he had a pilot to "ready the plane"? Sounds like everything that they were taking with them, clothes and gifts, were still at the house. Something's not right with this story. :waitasec:

So JR was readying and packing the plane on Christmas day for several hours. Their clothes were in plastic bags at the house. The presents were in the Jeep. Just what exactly was JR doing for several hours, especially since he had a pilot to "ready the plane"? Sounds like everything that they were taking with them, clothes and gifts, were still at the house. Something's not right with this story. :waitasec:

Nom de plume,
Of course not, an account of JR's suitcase is missing!

Something I notice in these interviews. Patsy can't let anyone finish a sentence without interupting. :banghead: John sounds like an idiot that can't put together a simple sentence. Somehow I doubt he conducted business in that manner.

I have not, and will not, read either of the R books. Anyone that has, did you notice this problem with JR in either of the books? :waitasec: Yeah....I didn't think so.

"Oh no, don't look at me. Look over there, I see something shiny!"

Something I notice in these interviews. Patsy can't let anyone finish a sentence without interupting. :banghead: John sounds like an idiot that can't put together a simple sentence. Somehow I doubt he conducted business in that manner.

I have not, and will not, read either of the R books. Anyone that has, did you notice this problem with JR in either of the books? :waitasec: Yeah....I didn't think so.

You know, I have had the same feeling about not wanting to read their books. But now, since learning of the GJ's decision, and even with just these last couple of posts about last minute stuff going into plastic bags for MI, I wonder if I took some Pepto Bismol tablets ahead of time, if I could get through the books well enough to try to pick out a few more clues to help this incongruous mess of facts/evidences shed some more new light.

Anyone out there think that reading the R books helped them form more informed opinions on who/what/when/where how the R's either were or weren't involved? I mean, I'm gonna need a HUGE dose of support to go ahead and read their books in the hopes of learning some crime details that we don't already know.

I've never read JR's books either, just can't stand the thought of helping him make money off of JB's death. But with that said, IMO, if I want to be informed of his own words, I really Should read his books, kwim? But, in interviews, I see 2 different JR's. 1, the stuttering, disingenuous, backtracking JR, and 2, the prepared statement, soundbight JR. I have never seen relaxed, open, honest JR. IDK how he conducted business, but IMO, there was a lot of luck involved in his success. . If he was as genius and skillful as has been portrayed, he would have continued on in the computer world. Business isn't personal and I think him saying that JB's murder made him unemployable is a cop-out. So, in other words, I think JR conducted business in the same way he has conducted himself where JonBenet is concerned, and IMO, THAT's why he became virtually unemployable. moo

I am also new to the contents of the suitcase.

I would like to ask if anyone has seen a picture of this pillow sham and duvet/comforter or any more of a discription of these items than a "dark cotton pillow sham and duvet/conforter".

Also, wouldn't everyone (PR,JR, JAR, LHP etc) be asked the last time they had seen that sham/ duvet etc? It doesn't seem like it at least as far as we know.

I have been known to pack suitcases on the bed but I aways put a sheet or blanket or something (like a Duvet) over top my bedspread because I do not want a dirty suitcase placed on it. Just saying.

Are we sure there were or were not hairs from JonBenet in that suitcase?
If there were head hairs in that suitcase, it would be very easy to determine if they were current hairs. If I am not mistaken Patsy said she colored or highlighted or whatever she said she did to Jon Benets hair right before Christmas. If that hair, that might have found in the suitcase, was the same as the hair that was on JBR head at the time of her death, it would be an idential match. It would not be an old hair from some other time. The coloring would be totally different. You can not get it exactly the same ever.

The initial thought I have on why JBR's book might be in the suitcase is that she might have put it there herself. My daughter is 5 and loves to pack things up. I'm always finding spare backpacks, bags, suitcases with random things of hers (once she packed my purse full of her underwear! I didn't notice this until pulling out my wallet at the bank when underwear tumbled all over the bank floor). Especially if her family travelled often, she might look to "pack" a suitcase. If she "packed the suitcase" that day it could explain why her clothing fibers are on the duvet. If those aren't her clothing fibers, perhaps she "packed the suitcase" awhile ago.

I am also new to the contents of the suitcase.

I would like to ask if anyone has seen a picture of this pillow sham and duvet/comforter or any more of a discription of these items than a "dark cotton pillow sham and duvet/conforter".

Also, wouldn't everyone (PR,JR, JAR, LHP etc) be asked the last time they had seen that sham/ duvet etc? It doesn't seem like it at least as far as we know.

I have been known to pack suitcases on the bed but I aways put a sheet or blanket or something (like a Duvet) over top my bedspread because I do not want a dirty suitcase placed on it. Just saying.

Are we sure there were or were not hairs from JonBenet in that suitcase?
If there were head hairs in that suitcase, it would be very easy to determine if they were current hairs. If I am not mistaken Patsy said she colored or highlighted or whatever she said she did to Jon Benets hair right before Christmas. If that hair, that might have found in the suitcase, was the same as the hair that was on JBR head at the time of her death, it would be an idential match. It would not be an old hair from some other time. The coloring would be totally different. You can not get it exactly the same ever.
You are reading my mind about fresh colored hair versus not fresh hair. 1st of all, in freshly done hair, the roots would be lighter and if it was real fresh, the hair would still be full of chemicals. I've read that PR said she did her own hair that day, but I've also read that the odor might have matched a lightening job, (what JB was known for), instead of a dye, (what PR was known for. Basically, a lightening strips out color so as to have blond hair, while a dye is a dark coating that covers grey or darkens the hair with an added shine. They have 2 totally different smells. While a dye has a bold chemical but perfumy odor, a lightener, has a bleachy, peroxide, eye burning odor. But, here is another thing to consider...JB's hair color was very pretty and not harsh or brassy, so IMO, she probably had a 'toner' put on after the lightening. And a toner smells very much like a dye. moo

Thanks for this!

First, in one interview, Patsy stated that they mostly only had summer clothes at the MI house.

ST: And did those, did that packing include clothing or do you have clothes at Charlevoix.
PR: Well, I think it included some clothes, because most of the clothes up there are summer shorts and T-shirts and stuff like that,

But in this interview you quoted above,...

PR: Because we have clothes up at the lake

:waitasec:

And what the heck is this?

Would have packed? Not 'probably packed'? She doesn't guess that by 5 am (?) he'd either packed or not packed yet for TWO back to back trips?

I guess the bottom line for me is, yes, there were multiple suitcases lying around split between two floors. We have NO idea which ones were originally intended for what, only their words, and, as seen in every interview, their memories are very hazy. Like amnesia hazy.

The samsonite could have easily been upstairs, in JAR's room, as an option for FL, that was either decided against, or the contents dumped out when they found they needed it for something else.

Or it was still in the laundry room.

Didn't JR in one interview mention the samsonite was, for a while, stored off by the laundry room (where Patsy says she was packing the 'plastic bags'?) Isn't that also where the diapers were hanging out of the cabinet?

15 JOHN RAMSEY: No. My recollection
16 of where that suitcase came from was he brought
17 some clothes from Atlanta, where he went to
18 school, and when the kid left to go to school be
19 and every port in a storm in his apartment, and
20 it ended up and it was in his room for a while,
21 then it was in the laundry room outside of his
22 room for a while, and then I carried it
23 downstairs. I presumed it was empty.

Methinks that laundry area saw some hella high traffic the night of the 25th.

Magdalyn, Ramseys have 2 laundry rooms. One in basement, on the right side from staircase (if you've walking down stairs to the basement, this laundry room would be on your right side). This laundry room has been used by Patsy and LHP. The blanket in which JB has been found, comes from the dryer, from this particular laundry room. And according to JR, he took suitcase from laundry area on second floor to the basement laundry room and left it there.

The second laundry room was on the second floor, between JAR and JB bedrooms, next to spiral staircase. This was laundry area with stacked washer/dryer. According to LHP, Patsy offten used this area to wash JB's soiled bed sheets early in morning.

Now, in reference to PR interview and her packing 'activities'. I do agree with you that PR actions seems very disorganized. Let's see how busy she was...she was packing suitcases for Disney trip in JAR bedroom, on his bed. At the same time, she was storing 'just for couple days' some staff in plastic bags in laundry area on second floor to help the plane to get off the ground easily next morning (just joking!). Next worning, she said that she was making some laundry as well...(this lady is such a neat-freak:)...

PR: Okay. Um, we got up at about 5:30, I think. I think John got up first and I got up just right behind him and he went to his bathroom and shower. I went to my bathroom. I did not shower that morning and I just put my clothes on and uh, did my hair and makeup and uh and then I started down the stairs, John was still in the bathroom and went uh, I stopped kind of briefly there in the laundry room area um, and I remember the ironing board was up I think and I fussed around with this little red jumpsuit of JonBenet’s cause it had, had some spots on it and I was going to remember to do something with that when I got back and uh, so I had, I had the light on in there in the laundry room area and uh, um then I started down the spiral staircase there. I came, I had come back down, I’d come down the back bedroom stairs there. . .

She was in such a hurry, didn't have time to take the shower and put fresh outfit but she had time to do her hair and makeup...but, the most important, she has time to 'fuss around with this little red jumpsuit of JonBenet’s cause it had some spots on it'. Could you believe it?!!!!...right there, across JB's bedroom, in laundry area with full of plastic bags....'I HAD THE LIGHT ON in there in laundry room area'!!!! She didn't say if she turned the light on...she said 'I HAD THE LIGHT ON'....So, now I understand how Intruder knows where to go to avoid all these plastic bags...the LIGHT was ON, right upfront of JB's bedroom door....:banghead:...too many laundry rooms, too many suitcases, too many LIES!

jmo

Magdalyn, Ramseys have 2 laundry rooms. One in basement, on the right side from staircase (if you've walking down stairs to the basement, this laundry room would be on your right side). This laundry room has been used by Patsy and LHP. The blanket in which JB has been found, comes from the dryer, from this particular laundry room. And according to JR, he took suitcase to the basement and left it there, next to the laundry room.

The second laundry room was on the second floor, between JAR and JB bedrooms, next to spiral staircase. This was laundry area with stacked washer/dryer. According to LHP, Patsy offten used this area to wash JB's soiled bed sheets early in morning.

Now, in reference to PR interview and her packing 'activities'. I do agree with you that PR actions seems very disorganized. Let's see how busy she was...she was packing suitcases for Disney trip in JAR bedroom, on his bed. At the same time, she was storing 'just for couple days' some staff in plastic bags in laundry area on second floor to help the plane to get off the ground easily next morning (just joking!). Next worning, she said that she was making some laundry as well...(this lady is such a neat-freak:)...

She was in such a hurry, didn't have time to take the shower and put fresh outfit but she had time to do her hair and makeup...but, the most important, she has time to 'fuss around with this little red jumpsuit of JonBenet’s cause it had some spots on it'. Could you believe it?!!!!...right there, across JB's bedroom, in laundry area with full of plastic bags....'I HAD THE LIGHT ON in there in laundry room area'!!!! She didn't say if she turned the light on...she said 'I HAD THE LIGHT ON'....So, now I understand how Intruder knows where to go to avoid all these plastic bags...the LIGHT was ON, right upfront of JB's bedroom door....:banghead:

jmo

Hmmm. JR himself says (in the quote I posted) "then it was in the laundry room outside of his room for a while, and then I carried it downstairs.

That's the same laundry room near JB's room, yes? He says he carried it downstairs after it had been in the laundry room by JARs room for a while.

I guess my point is, we only have his word that the suitcase was moved from one laundry room to the basement before the 25th.
I think it's quite possible it was an easy enough thing to grab quickly (whether it was on JAR's bed, or in the upstairs laundry room) considering everything else that was going on just outside JB's door that night.

P.S. I love how she can't be sure whether she was going to use a suitcase for MI or not, probably not, but not quite sure, and she can only offer 'her best recollection' of the clothing she was wearing, but she can specifically remember the little 'riff' she and JB got into about matching outfits, and she can specifically remember working on some spots?

Out, d@mned spot, huh Patsy?

Hmmm. JR himself says (in the quote I posted) "then it was in the laundry room outside of his room for a while, and then I carried it downstairs.

That's the same laundry room near JB's room, yes? He says he carried it downstairs after it had been in the laundry room by JARs room for a while.

P.S. I love how she can't be sure whether she was going to use a suitcase for MI or not, probably not, but not quite sure, and she can only offer 'her best recollection' of the clothing she was wearing, but she can specifically remember the little 'riff' she and JB got into about matching outfits, and she can specifically remember working on some spots?

YES! I was modifying (clarifying) my post at the same time you've made the reply:)....

IDK, but all this suitcase business, from PR 'packing' to JR 'storing' drives me crazy. I spend all day yesterday chasing FBI reports and Rocky Mountains archives - couldn't find anything!!! All of us are trying to make justifiable analysis based on NONCOMPLETE 'facts'. BPD is holding back the 'dozen' of secrets, FBI is not an agency who'll reveil their secrets, especially to newspaper...And today, I have no proofs, just speculation...but IMO, the context of the suitcase is the only one STRONG link between the UPSTAIRS (bedroom?) and the BASEMENT (murder scene).

jmo

I guess my point is, we only have his word that the suitcase was moved from one laundry room to the basement before the 25th.
I think it's quite possible it was an easy enough thing to grab quickly (whether it was on JAR's bed, or in the upstairs laundry room) considering everything else that was going on just outside JB's door that night.

and somewhere in his explanation, I remember him saying the reason he moved the suitcase to the basement, was because he was cleaning. Really, JR helped clean and straighten up the house? IMO, if it was bothering him, he would have told PR to tell the housekeeper to move it. I can't imagine him caring what kind of clutter was in the laundry room, but if he did, why not just move JAR's suitcase back to Jar's bedroom?

DeeDee249,
mmm, its not the plastic bags that are suspicious. Its the presence of suitcases on the spare bed, in conjuction with the disclaimer, we only use plastic bags!

Also we have JR either that day or the previous, loading the plane with items, no mention of plastic bags in that context either. I think the interview with both PR & JR is up on acandyrose.

Summarising Patsy might be telling the truth, but it does not answer the question put to her.

Remember there was another trip planned right after they got home from Charlevoix. I think it very likely she was simultaneously packing for BOTH because there wasn't going to be time to pack for the Disney cruise. Also, there would have to be different kinds of clothing packed- Charlevoix in December would be very cold. But the Disney cruise involved warm weather and swimsuits.
Patsy said she only used plastic bags for the Charlevoix trip in the small plane. But she said she used suitcases for the other trip.

and somewhere in his explanation, I remember him saying the reason he moved the suitcase to the basement, was because he was cleaning. Really, JR helped clean and straighten up the house? IMO, if it was bothering him, he would have told PR to tell the housekeeper to move it. I can't imagine him caring what kind of clutter was in the laundry room, but if he did, why not just move JAR's suitcase back to Jar's bedroom?

Great question! If the suitcase was being used regularly by JAR to transport items back and forth from the dorm to the house, then the house to Atlanta, and back again, why would JR, who said he assumed the suitcase was empty, have taken it to the basement? You would think he might want to leave it handy for JAR to use again when he came back from Christmas break to gather up things to take back to the dorm.

Then, let's ask this: Did JAR bring home a soiled duvet from the dorm, set the suitcase in the laundry area, expecting the housekeeper to check thru it, and then wash the comforter for him and replace it back into the suitcase? If that was a pattern, it would explain why it was in the laundry area on the second floor. But then, all the more reason NOT to move the suitcase to the basement, rather you would think it would be kept there to reload with the clean bedding, and then set back into the bedroom for JAR to pick up when going back to school.

Better yet, if JR had moved the suitcase 3 months earlier, as was stated in one of his interviews, and it still had a duvet in it that was soiled, wouldn't JAR have looked for his dorm comforter by then? Why would he bring home a soiled comforter, if not to wash it, planning to take it back to the dorm? If he wasn't going to use it again, and planned to just replace it with a new one (which is what he would have had to do since 3 months had gone by), wouldn't he just have trashed it at school??

Also, JAR must not have worried about using the suitcase again to take back and forth to Atlanta over the holidays. JR claimed to have moved it 3 months prior to the crime, and since it was found in the train room, JAR must have been using alternative luggage for his travels. He must have brought home the soiled duvet from his dorm room, decided to replace the soiled one with a new one, and never gave another thought to his old one being shuffled off to the basement in his suitcase that he also decided he'd never have to use again anyway.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back