The Talent show

Never saw Kyron at school??? Ohhh boy, and a 9 year is testifying too. I'm happy about this because there are way more kids who would notice whether Kyron was there or not. JMO

How sad is this? Babies being brought in to testify because adults do horrible things.

a 9 yo testified @ GJ last week, confirms he was to perform with Kyron at the talent show, but never saw Kyron at school that day...

KOIN news at 6, no link yet

Wait, how does the media know this? I thought GJ testimony was supposed to be sealed? :waitasec:

If Kyron was meant to be in this show and Terri knew of it, I have to stick to my theory of a horrible accident and cover-up, which is how I have felt all along. I don't think she would have done it on this day, knowing he should have been missed at the time of the show, even if they thought she took him for a doctor's appointment. She couldn't know that the school would mark him absent for the whole day.

Just more confusion, for me :(

This just seals it for me, Terri did not go back to the school for the talent show KYRON WAS TO BE IN (as I suspected all along) because she knew Kyron wasn't there.

End of story, as far as I am concerned.

When he says "perform with Kyron" I wonder if it was the whole class or group of classes, or just a small group.

A 9yo wouldn't be in Kyron's grade, but maybe the 2nd - 4th graders were going to sing together or something. Concerts are frequently done like that in my DD's smallish school.

But it is very hard for me to imagine this child and Kyron in a small group of children who were expected to perform in the talent show and NO ONE knew about it. Kaine and Desiree didn't know about it. Surely Kyron would have been missed, and it would have been much more suspicious for him to be out and not "Oh, we just thought he went with Terri."

Did the other children in this particular "act" still perform, or were they unable because of Kyron's absence???

If Kyron really was supposed to perform something special and not with the whole class, then I have a bunch of questions for KH, DY, and the school. Wouldn't Kyron have talked about that just like the science fair project? How could they not know about it?

(I'm not accusing them of lying...just thinking that it MUST have been a large group thing where Kyron wouldn't be a make or break part of the performance. Or we'd have heard about this already. Right????)

Wait, how does the media know this? I thought GJ testimony was supposed to be sealed? :waitasec:

Not sure, news report indicates they spoke with his parent, she confirmed he was called to testify, and that she was not in the room (? I thought children could have parents in) but also gave media additional info.

Almost 10 weeks out int his case, and it seems this is generally how we learn anything. Media reports. How they learn, who knows, I suppose it's the first class they take in journalism school...At any rate, they have had a fair track record, not perfect, but things they report seem to generally be correct as time goes by.

This just seals it for me, Terri did not go back to the school for the talent show KYRON WAS TO BE IN (as I suspected all along) because she knew Kyron wasn't there.

End of story, as far as I am concerned.

ITA. To me, this is major.

Not sure, news report indicates they spoke with his parent, she confirmed he was called to testify, and that she was not in the room (? I thought children could have parents in) but also gave media additional info.

Almost 10 weeks out int his case, and it seems this is generally how we learn anything. Media reports. How they learn, who knows, I suppose it's the first class they take in journalism school...At any rate, they have had a fair track record, not perfect, but things they report seem to generally be correct as time goes by.

I just do not want to see the case compromised over a technicality.

Apparently the school did not find it odd that Kyron missed the talent show, which makes me think it was more of a group sort of skit or song, etc. But I think if Terri knew about the talent show, she would have feared he was expected to be at that, which is why I think this may not have been planned. But not sure why she would e-mail later, if she did, testing the waters I guess.

Although maybe she didn't worry about the afternoon, as it was all supposed to be the school's fault anyway.

a 9 yo testified @ GJ last week, confirms he was to perform with Kyron at the talent show, but never saw Kyron at school that day...

KOIN news at 6, no link yet

Yes, I just posted this and some notes on latest news thread until I get a link -- or someone else gets there before. I just get so nervous and want to get everything down properly.

As I scan this thread for the last few minutes, I'll look for a post with what I heard and if not there will get my notes up. Also, I recorded the story and am going back through to get quotes, details down correctly.

So, although Kyron was supposed to be in this talent show, and Kyron was excited about school and would talk about all his events, and although Kaine and Kyron talked about the science fair that morning, Kaine and Kyron didn't talk about this talent show that morning.

And when Kaine got home about 2, he just got something to eat and went upstairs to his office, and Terri was sitting in the chair on the laptop, and he didn't ask her why she wasn't at school for the talent show, and she didn't say anything about the missed talent show, and everything was normal.

And Terri emailed Desiree about the science fair project, but neither woman mentioned the talent show.

I'm just trying to absorb and understand all this. Absorb and understand, BeanE.

03291.gif

Terri not telling anyone in the family about the talent show and not going herself to me is????

She knew a lot of the kids at the school as well because of volunteering.

I wonder if she was so freaked out about what she had done that she spaced it out.

I don't think Kyron told anyone about this talent show, as Bean outlined above, no one seemed to know about it. Maybe he did not want to take part and did not want an audience. Terri may not even have known, if she wasn't paying attention and they were focused on the science project all week.

I think I remember Kaine being interviewed and he stated that he didn't know about the talent show or that he wasn't sure about Kyron having to perform at a talent show that day. I'll try and find the link. I don't think Kaine knew about it although he knew about the science fair.

Why would the school wonder where Kyron was? Theoretically, he was at a doctor's appt. Sometimes those take longer than expected.

I am a teacher. If a parent tells me that s/he is leaving with the child, I don't question what they are doing all day.

I may wonder, but the child is the parent's child, not mine.

Terri not telling anyone in the family about the talent show and not going herself to me is????

She knew a lot of the kids at the school as well because of volunteering.

I wonder if she was so freaked out about what she had done that she spaced it out.

But why didn't Kyron say anything to Kaine about the talent show all that week?

Did we ever hear confirmation as to whether or not this Talent Show was just for the students or if the families were invited?

How sad is this? Babies being brought in to testify because adults do horrible things.

It's pretty sad. A kid that age should never have to go through this or know his friend is gone, and most likely never coming back alive.

But why didn't Kyron say anything to Kaine about the talent show all that week?

That's the problem I have with this. I can't believe that Kyron mentioned the science fair and not the talent show to Kaine. I could see Kyron saying he didn't want to be in it or asking them not to come, but not to mention it all, I have a hard time with that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back