The Theater and the Shooting

How come we didnt hear this from the police scanner and no other media covering about this cop?
IMO, This case is going to make us INSANE ! :banghead:

Quote from the comments section of the witness' YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A_ucN7xKuvs

I read in GLP forum that you'd helped a policer officer who had been shot at the Theater...is this true?
I listend to this video but heard nothing about this officer, can you tell what went on with him or if anything at all on this claim?
thanks and much appreciated
btw..i've accumulated information on the mass killings on this site ht tp:// wwwDOTconnectingdots1DOTcom
connectingdots2 13 hours ago

Reply ShareRemoveFlag for spamBlock UserUnblock User
I didn't help a cop. There was some one in a costume, that myself and several other people had mistaken to be an officer, but I had only seen him in the back of a squad car. I don't know who reported that, but when I saw that person my husband and I decided to leave so I had no contact with that person.
TheCrimsonReign in reply to connectingdots2 (Show the comment) 44 minutes ago

There was some one in a costume, that myself and several other people had mistaken to be an officer, but I had only seen him in the back of a squad car

Hi walker
someone wearing a costume of a police officer inside the Theater ? why would someone wear that kind of a costume? and that person in costume is in the back of the squad car later? ...:moo:

Yes, i dont know what to say on this. . If you also try to analyze what she said, it seems like the police officers were already inside the theater 9 while they are all trying to seek exit.

Where's the other sleuthers opinion on this?

“We get about 10 minutes into the movie and there is this big action scene and there’s lots of gunfire. And there is just maybe five or six really loud pops” she said. “So I freak out and I jump a little. And my husband laughs at me and I said, ‘no you don’t understand that wasn’t part of the movie, that was real. That was way too loud.’”

Segura went on to say she and her husband stayed in their seats for about a minute before she heard another one or two shots. Then someone screamed, “someone’s shooting up the movie theater.”

Segura said at this point she could see bullet holes in the wall from the theater next door.

Segura and her husband approached the lower exits to find them blocked. “We were yelled at ‘no no no, don’t go through the lobby.’”

Segura and her husband moved to the upper exits where she said they were met by two police officers, a man and a woman, who were shouting to everyone in the crowd to hold up their hands.

“The male cop starts screaming at someone ‘can they go?’ The female officer just said ‘just go, go get out of here.’”

Segura said she and her husband then ran down the stairs where they began to assist others out of the theater, in what she described as a “triage area.” Once outside, Segura said all she could see was blood.

Link: http://www.minnpost.com/global-post/2012/07/batman-premiere-shooting-colorado-eyewitness-account

The police must have blocked the "lower exits" (which led to the lobby?) within minutes of the time the shooting began.

Link: http://www.minnpost.com/global-post/2012/07/batman-premiere-shooting-colorado-eyewitness-account

The police must have blocked the "lower exits" (which led to the lobby?) within minutes of the time the shooting began.

The witness' husband is an ex-Marine, but she had to tell him that gunfire was real. Also, in the YouTube, she says that she was apparently the only person who recognized the smell of tear gas. The audio is hard to understand clearly. She seems to say that the police were not prepared for both gunfire and tear gas at the same time, and some officers were harmed by the gas.

There was some one in a costume, that myself and several other people had mistaken to be an officer, but I had only seen him in the back of a squad car

Hi walker
someone wearing a costume of a police officer inside the Theater ? why would someone wear that kind of a costume? and that person in costume is in the back of the squad car later? ...:moo:

The premiere had a party atmosphere. Maybe the costume was supposed to represent one of the movie characters. Commissioner Gordon, maybe? Also, Segura herself did not actually see the costume; so maybe some other person just saw (maybe) a blue jacket, and jumped to conclusions. Some of the injured were transported to the hospital by police officers in squad cars due to the ambulance shortage.

[video=youtube;cjZajQso-3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjZajQso-3E[/video]

On July 23, 2012 Fox News aired On The Record with Greta Van Susteren, a eyewitness who lived across the street from James Holmes, said they saw James Holmes with another man running down the street. She said she saw him at 7:00pm just hours before the deadly shooting On Thursday.

Hi walker

Maybe she meant the SWAT suit JH was wearing and thought he was a cop?

Hi walker

One of the main characters in the movie, portrayed by Joseph Gordon Levitt, is a cop

They were transporting victims to the hospital in cop cars, so it may be why he was in the backseat of a cop car

a cop was shot by JH?

http://www.minnpost.com/global-post/2012/07/batman-premiere-shooting-colorado-eyewitness-account

She described seeing a cop “who’d been shot through the chest. He looked terrified.” That’s when the couple decided to flee the scene. “If the gunmen are going to kill cops, there’s no way they’re going to be stopped,” she recalled thinking. She didn’t know at the time that a lone gunman was to blame.

She said that the cop was still alive when they left, but based on where he was shot, “I doubt that he would make it. There was just so much blood.”

see the video of this witness :
The Dark Knight Shooting at aurora century 16 7/20/2012 recap - YouTube

Never heard of that one. If a cop was shot, that should of been mentioned in the news a great deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjZajQso-3E

On July 23, 2012 Fox News aired On The Record with Greta Van Susteren, a eyewitness who lived across the street from James Holmes, said they saw James Holmes with another man running down the street. She said she saw him at 7:00pm just hours before the deadly shooting On Thursday.

Thanks for that clip.

The narrator is unfair to Van Sustern; she doesn't try to change the subject, she merely starts to ask exactly how far away the "neighbor" lived. That detail seems highly relevant to me.

Also, it doesn't include the emotional affect of the two men. Were they just jogging, or did they seem frightened that something might happen?

Having a jogging buddy seems out-of-character for Holmes, though.

Also, did this woman know JH through frequently observing him, maybe parking his car etc., or did she only notice him that one night?

Total speculation and MOO.

I'm not of the conspiracy mind, however, I've really been pondering a lot of things that just don't "add up" through the very scant amount of information we have thus far.

One thing that did occur to me today, as a possible explanation of the location of the second mask and knife:

If after leaving Theater 9, JH didn't exit the building, as we could naturally suppose he did. Instead he "exited" from Theater 9 and following with news reports have said, went to Theater 8. But, instead of going outside the building, he traveled inside the building via an employee or emergency corridor or hallway of some sort.

This would give credence to the guy's report that he let the two girls back into theater 9 and then held the door closed so that the shooter couldn't get inside. If it had of been an exit door to the outside of the building, there would only have been the need to shut the door if it were operating effectively since it would have automatically locked. Furthermore, he wouldn't have had to "hold" it shut after it closing because there wouldn't have been a handle for JH to hold onto to try to pull the door open. Thus, no struggle to "keep" it closed.

After not being able to access Theater 8, JH may have continued down that hallway to the end of the theater complex, thus eventually exiting into the "outside" of the theater at the end of the building. Here, after finishing his planned assault and being hot in the mask, he may have dropped both it and the bloody knife on the sidewalk and continued to his car. I know that there are reports that he had the mask either with or on him at the time. Perhaps there was another one in the car as a backup. He may have been concerned that once the respirator was activated, it might not work, thus bringing along a spare for some reason. Doesn't necessarily make sense, but then again all of us do things that others looking in would find odd or nonsensical.

Suppose that once he reappeared outside, other witnesses/victims (from the blood splatter it would have to be a more intense wound than the two girls mentioned prior), started exiting from the theater. Thus, the comment from victims that he was shooting people as they came out of the exit. Perhaps he then shot one or more people on that back sidewalk. That would explain the blood starting partway up the sidewalk back INTO the theater instead of out. It would also explain the faint bloody footprints that are alongside the wall leading back into the theater 9. The blood seems, to my uneducated min, to build in amount up into the door with bloody handprints on the door as the victims tried to rush BACK into the theater to escape the shooter if he came back inside. That would explain, perhaps, the gun by the door. He may have put it there if he was going to check for anyone else in there and tried to open the door. Maybe they had closed it on their way in?

ALL speculation. But, it's really been bothering me. Plus, the requests for the floor plans have been denied, thus giving me reason to believe that the floor plan of the theater holds something essential to the investigation.

I'm still having a very difficult time buying the story we've been give thus far and integrating that into a lone gunman. However, something like this would have made it more feasible at least.

And, a different take on the same scenario. Leave out the encountering anyone along the back of the building and shooting them...

Also, as far as the time line... There have been some people adding things up and saying that JH would have been in his car already (if they were adding things up correctly) by the time the cops were surrounding theatre 9.

This would explain the comment of one cop seeing a man in a gas mask, Sable side, and then not long after them spotting JH in his car. If he was traveling down the interior hallway at the same time the first LE went along the backside of the theater, a LE may have spotted him just after coming out the exit door at the end of the building -- i.e. suspect in a gas mask. JH could have continued on to his car (where he was apprehended by officers that had come BACK out of the back of the theater after first passing his car.

Yes, truly speculation. But, then again, at this point in the game of this case, I'm not sure anymore what all isn't speculation!

Again, just random thoughts and opinions.

9Wants to Know also reviewed fire inspection reports of the theater where the shooting occurred. Over a five year period, an inspector noted several violations, including an exit door sticking to the concrete in 2007 and exit signs that needed batteries.

In April, several months before the shooting, the fire inspector found more exit signs that needed batteries and "deficiencies" in the testing of the theater's fire alarm

http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...rist-very-active?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

Holmes seems to have had detailed inside info regarding the floorplan and deficiencies of this theater. Could be that he attended movies there on many previous occasions, and discovered that the alarms didn't work, and where the service corridors led. Perhaps he knew someone who worked there at some point. He had an interest in visual perception, and therefore may have been particularly interested in movies with special effects.

I use to work for a theater years ago and started while the building was being built. I keep hearing people say that the alarms weren't working on the doors, The doors don't have alarms on them they are used for exits at any time not just in emergency's. The only way you can get in the doors is if someone lets you in from the inside. We use to prop the doors open when we were on breaks so that we could get back in instead of having to walk around to the front. The doors do have a lighted EXIT sign above the doors. I know in the theater that I worked in the ushers had to check theaters prior to and 15 mins into the show to make sure no one was sneaking in. As a manager I always had customers come and complain if they saw someone sneak into a theater. I want to add also that we didn't have security every night only on weekends and late night shows and our security were off duty officers.

I have worked for several movie theaters over the course of many years. Not one theater had functional alarms on the Emergency Exit doors. They were used mainly by customers to exit after the movie was done if the lobby was too crowded....and also by the ushers (floor cleaners) to carry out the trash to the trash bins in the back parking lot in between movie sets.
However, each theater had multiple security cameras inside (lobby and hallway areas, not in the theaters themselves) and multiple cameras outside the perimeter of the building.
So with this JH case, I'm more surprised over the lack of security camera footage (for the back parking lot) than the lack of functional door alarms.
Also, every midnight showing of a Summer Blockbuster movie had Security Guards hired. Considering the Aurora theater was in a shady neighborhood and that the Dark Knight is definitely considered a big Summer movie, I'm also surprised over the lack of security guards (although I must admit that it might not have made much of a difference in this case... considering JH's arsenal).
Also, the people asking why there are no camera recordings of inside the theater 9 itself from people recording the movie.... I have never caught a person doing that in the many years of working in multiple theaters (I often looked down from the projection room). Most people don't risk recording movies due to the massive fines from the studios if they are caught ($$$ thousands of dollars $$$).

[video=youtube;EEXn1RHRYok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEXn1RHRYok&sns=em[/video]
interesting video from fox news denver about the possible 2nd person

[video=youtube;C7m1s3ySvZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7m1s3ySvZQ&sns=em[/video]

alarm says "murder in the theater' ?

[video=youtube;OwvrpGiZRa8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwvrpGiZRa8&sns=em[/video]

and she changed her story...not "murder in the theater but emergency in the theater" ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian
Back