The Whittling Knife

Z-man...I suggest you read the books and transcripts. Every question or comment on these boards are based on what was read....(well at least most of it).

BlueCrab....where did you read that JonBenet slept in Burke's room Christmas Eve? This is the first I've heard.

Toltec said:
BlueCrab....where did you read that JonBenet slept in Burke's room Christmas Eve? This is the first I've heard.

Toltec,

It's in the Bonita papers, plus I read it somewhere where John a/o Patsy admitted that JonBenet spent Christmas Eve night in Burke's room so they could come downstairs together on Christmas morning, but I'm still looking for that source.

tipper said:
Because if you live in Steve Thomas' world you mark words on a page by dog-earring the page until the corner touches the word you want to remember.

Oh for pete's sake. Is that where this comes from? From the man who claims Patsy bashed her baby's head because she was tired of the bed-wetting and then goes into this elaborate cover-up--complete with a garotte and possible sexual assault???? I think I've found my answer then. Thank you.

Toltec said:
Z-man...I suggest you read the books and transcripts. Every question or comment on these boards are based on what was read....(well at least most of it).

No, every question or comment on these boards are based on someones interpretation of what was read or thought was read or wanted to read. Not to mention everything in DOI is not "gospel". Not to mention LE often leaks false evidence to pressure suspects. Why didn't they find any fibers on the knife?
Could you save me some time and give me the page #?

tipper said:
Because if you live in Steve Thomas' world you mark words on a page by dog-earring the page until the corner touches the word you want to remember.

Not true Tipper....Steve Thomas was looking at a PHOTO of the dictionary, which was dog-eared.

BlueCrab said:
Toltec,

It's in the Bonita papers, plus I read it somewhere where John a/o Patsy admitted that JonBenet spent Christmas Eve night in Burke's room so they could come downstairs together on Christmas morning, but I'm still looking for that source.

I recently read where Patsy alluded to the fact that JB slept in B's room, but she also said that there were twin beds in there...giving the impression that JB would have slept in one of the twin beds. It was in one of her interviews with Trip, I think.

Toltec said:
Not true Tipper....Steve Thomas was looking at a PHOTO of the dictionary, which was dog-eared.
I've read that interpretation. I don't buy it. Among other things a picture wouldn't have a left and right page.
Why would Thomas care if a photo was dog-eared?

Here's the dictionary quote p293

"When we checked the photos from a big manila envelope marked as evidence item #85KKY, I almost fell out of my chair, and Peck inhalled in sharp surprise. A picture showed Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary on the coffee table in the first-floor study, the corner of the lower left-hand page sharply creased and pointing like an arrow to the word incest. Someone had apparently been looking for a definition of sexual contact between family members."

Nehemiah said:
I recently read where Patsy alluded to the fact that JB slept in B's room, but she also said that there were twin beds in there...giving the impression that JB would have slept in one of the twin beds. It was in one of her interviews with Trip, I think.

Nehemiah,

Crime scene photo #42 of Burke's bedroom, taken on the 26th, shows just one bed, although due to the angle of the shot a second bed may have been in the room. But it doesn't appear to be a second bed or else it seems the photographer would have included it in the photo. Burke's bed is fully made in the photo, another one of the little mysteries about this case.

There is a discussion regading the whittling knife in these interviews. Also there are a few references to JonBenet implicitly sharing Burke's bed, or sleeping in the twin bed.

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/1997BPD-Patsy-Interview-Complete.htm

.1)

ST: How about on the, uh, night of the 25th when you and John put her to bed, would it have been unlikely for her to have then moved to another location in the house to have slept, your bed or Burke’s room?

PR: Yeah, it would have been unlikely.

ST: Okay.

PR: The reason I can’t remember whether they, where she slept on the 24th were, not cause it seemed like they were conspiring about what time they were going to get up in the morning and I can’t remember whether they, it seems like there, that she did, they did talk about her sleeping in his room, but I can’t remember whether that really happened or not, but I remember they were conspiring about what time to get up and . . .

2.)

ST: And if, on occasion, JonBenet would go sleep in Burke’s room would she get into the other bed.

PR: She’d be in, yeah.

ST: Okay. Um, what would cause that? That she got scared at night or . . .

PR: No, just, I mean, that happened very seldom and uh, I think, oh, I think one time when I reading to Burke and, she and Burke in Burke’s room and she feel asleep in that bed so I just let her sleep there or something, but I didn’t, you know, usually I’d get her back in her bed cause she would, occasionally wet the bed and her bed had a plastic wrap on it and that one didn’t so I . . .

ST: Move her to the other bed.

An early variation on BDI that includes Burke's bed can be found here: http://www.longmontfyi.com/ramsey/storyDetail99.asp?ID=33

BOULDER -- District Attorney Alex Hunter's office has denied reports that John and Patsy Ramsey are in plea negotiations that would place blame for the death of their 6-year-old daughter JonBenet on their now-12-year-old son Burke.

According to editions of the tabloid newspaper the Star due to be distributed this week, Ramsey lawyers have talked with Hunter in recent days about a plea agreement that essentially claims Burke Ramsey attacked his younger sister in a jealous rage after she climbed into his bed after wetting her own bed. The story said she often went to her brother's bed after wetting her own.

Also in those Patsy interviews she mentions the black velvet vest, her shoes and that one pony tail was the norm at bedtime, and also , if I read it correctly, that JonBenet was cleaned up on xmas-day, although in other interviews she forgets!

PR: Uh, and the kids were playing then I, you know, got them dressed and then we, they were in play clothes and so we changed and got cleaned up to go over there.

TT: Um hum.

PR: And I think I colored my hair. I think I told you that.

TT: Um hum. So that was in the afternoon?

PR: Yeah.

TT: Okay.

PR: And, and JonBenet, uh, you know, was getting cleaned up and. . .

PR: The reason I can’t remember whether they, where she slept on the 24th were, not cause it seemed like they were conspiring about what time they were going to get up in the morning and I can’t remember whether they, it seems like there, that she did, they did talk about her sleeping in his room, but I can’t remember whether that really happened or not, but I remember they were conspiring about what time to get up and . . .

Patsy is confusing in her answers and what mother wouldnt remember what room her child had slept in on Christmas Eve
( its not like she has 8 kids to keep up with, fgs she had two). I find it very odd that Patsy doesnt remember simple stuff like where her child slept , if her child had had a bath or what her child ate the day she died.

narlacat said:

Patsy is confusing in her answers and what mother wouldnt remember what room her child had slept in on Christmas Eve
( its not like she has 8 kids to keep up with, fgs she had two). I find it very odd that Patsy doesnt remember simple stuff like where her child slept , if her child had had a bath or what her child ate the day she died.

The reason Patsy chooses to "forget" these facts is because they all relate to the murder...She picks and chooses what she remembers and what she doesn't.

It boggles the mind how someone like Patsy can sit with Detectives and forget, can't recall, anad I don't know. Her daughter was murdered for Christ's sake!

I don't like being referred to as BORG just cause I talk amongst free minds here who have varying ideas about what happened. I have been hoping very much that it was an incredibly cunning intruder. I respect others who like myself have been discussing all the facts in the hopes of finding some deciding factor on IDI or RDI. If my facts are sometimes in error, please do correct me if I am wrong. BUT DON'T CALL ME BORG!

Jameson wrote:
"Burke had more than one red knife. I believe the one that LP hid in the upstairs cabinet was still in the cabinet after the murder. Burke had possession of his knives well after the murder, after they moved to Atlanta. I do not believe the police gave him the one found near the body."

Wow, now we learn from Jameson that there was more than one knife. Well, you can believe, but where is LHP on this? If Jameson is right, then LHP has been misleading us. I am tired of people discounting the facts either way. Either LHP was wrong or there was only one special red swiss army knife.

I'm not sure that "more than one knife" makes one a major collector. We lived in Alabama when my son was about that age. He and his friends went through a phase when they collected knives and went to gun and knife shows. They outgrew the fascination fairly quickly though we still have one or two of his old knives around.

tipper said:
I'm not sure that "more than one knife" makes one a major collector.

Well, that's true. It's just struck me weird that Jameson would say B had more than one red knife...like she lived there and saw his collection or something.

My recollection is she asked them about it. You'd have to look back through her archives. It was several years ago.

tipper said:
My recollection is she asked them about it. You'd have to look back through her archives. It was several years ago.
http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/1997BPD-Patsy-Interview-Complete.htm

"ST: Patsy, once we were told that Burke at times, would walk through the house whittling and that was something that apparently got on Linda Hoffmans’ nerves somehow to clean up after him.
PR: Right.
ST: Was this consistent with his little pocketknife?
PR: Yeah.
ST: He’d walk through the house whittling and for the tape, I’m showing Patsy a photo of a little red Swiss army knife.
PR: Right. He had one we had gotten him in Switzerland, it had his name on it. Does this have his name on it?
ST: I don’t know.
PR: You don’t know, OK"

Sounds like Patsy clearly said that they only got him ONE red swiss army knife directly from Switzerland. LHP made a big point about that ONE red swiss army knife. Why?

Hmmm. How big was the knife in the photo, I wonder? From the standpoint of LE's crime photographer, I would think his name on the knife would be very significant. Significant enough to get in the photo, I would think. But here ST says "I don't know." Strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back