The window and the lights

..in this one, of the Judge J interview----deborah says she turned all of the lights out when she went to bed.

Exclusive: Parents of Missing Baby Lisa Speak Out

..approx. 1:04

Judge J—and the neighbour was gone when you went to sleep?
Deborah—yeah
Judge J—Were the lights on or off when you went to sleep?
Deborah—I turned ‘em all off.
Judge J—Okay, and was the front door locked or unlocked?
Deborah—I don’t remember. Typically I lock it.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Media links~NO DISCUSSION PLEASE
----Judge J videos--

(at about :14 mark)

Deborah: Me and my neighbor were out front talking and the boys (and *Mxxxx-- she has a four year old daughter) was in their bedroom and they have a tv in there and bunkbeds and stuff they were watching some kind of fairy tale movie. Every thing was I mean everything was, everything was pretty normal. He, uh, Jeremy never works nights--he never works overnights certainly---

Judge: So this is like the first time you worked an overnight?

Jeremy: Yeah, this is the first time I've never not been home at night. (very soft voice) So...

Judge: that night who went to bed first?

Deborah: uhm, Lisa.

Judge: Lisa

Deborah (crying): I put the boys to bed and then I went to sleep.

Judge: The neighbor was gone when you went to sleep...

Deborah: yeah

Judge: okay and you think that was about 10:30?

(enter Laurie's transcription above)

(typically I lock it) and uhm, I mean, I left the computer room window open and (sobs)

Judge: so the computer room is in the front of the house

Jeremy: That's right

Judge: and did ...(pause because deborah is sobbing)

Judge: I can't imagine the pain you're going through---was there a screen on the computer window?

Jeremy: yeah

Deborah: and uhm, when he came in and he tried to shut the window because we um almost never---except for maybe our bedroom---which is really far off the ground and maybe twice or every once we'll leave the boy's window cracked so their uhm so they don't get hot in the summer but uhm he knew that ---you know that---there's been---I'm sure there's been a couple times we've left it open but it's not enough to where you walk by and it's a normal thing at 4 o'clock in the morning.

Judge: What do you mean when you say he knew?

Deborah: whenever he came in from work I mean he's (pauses and looks up at Jeremy)

Judge: What time do you normally come home Jeremy?

Jeremy: About 5 in the evening

Judge: evening?

Judge (speaking to D) But this night you were the last one to go to bed, you turn the lights out, there was a screen in the window?

Deborah: mmmhmmm (nodding head)

Judge: but the window was open

Judge: okay what's the next thing you remember?

Deborah: Him coming in the bedroom uhm I didn't know what time it was until he later on had said it cause we didn't---I didn't check---he came in and he said uhm why are all the lights on uhm you know why is the screen popped out of the window--- a part of a corner of it was popped out or something and I's (this is a contraction of I was) you know I got up and I's I don't know, I don't know what you're talking about uhm and my son was sleeping with me and uhm you know sometimes I like to---the kids have always when they're (contraction of they were) younger---when they were little slept in bed with me so I like to you know I like to do that when I can---and uhm he asked why XXXXXXX (minor childs name) was there and I was like you know he's sleeping next to me and uhm I guess with everything he was saying out loud to me you know he thought you know wait a minute---you know Lisa's bedroom door open and we always---we always close it when she goes to sleep at night and --he ran back and he checked and he came in the room and he said ---where's lisa---where's she at and I said---she's in her crib what do you ---you know and he says she's not there and we just got up and started screaming for her and looking everywhere and she wasn't there (crying)

Judge: She's 10 months old, Lisa's 10 months old

Deborah: She'll be 11 months old on the 11th. Her birthday is next month (sobbing)

Clip over.

NOTE: I had to see the text for myself. It helps me to read it. I put it here in case anyone else likes that too. Also I did leave out some uhms and some speech vocalizations there were starts of words by Deborah but that I couldn't determine what it was she might have been getting ready to say. I also included some of her speech patterns such as certain contractions that aren't commonly used in all regions of the USA but since I grew up with those particular idioms (contractions of words not normally contracted) I went on and typed them because it was my flow. I understood perfectly what she was saying and expressing with those particular speech patterns. There were more but I left those out rather than use them and explain. This isn't a perfect transcription. I might have missed a word or two here or there. JMHO

Deborah: Me and my neighbor were out front talking and the boys (and *Mxxxx-- she has a four year old daughter) was in their bedroom and they have a tv in there and bunkbeds and stuff they were watching some kind of fairy tale movie. Every thing was I mean everything was, everything was pretty normal. He, uh, Jeremy never works nights--he never works overnights certainly---

Jeremy: Yeah, this is the first time I've never not been home at night. (very soft voice) So...

(typically I lock it) and uhm, I mean, I left the computer room window open and (sobs)

Judge: I can't imagine the pain you're going through---was there a screen on the computer window?

Deborah: and uhm, when he came in and he tried to shut the window because we um almost never---except for maybe our bedroom---which is really far off the ground and maybe twice or every once we'll leave the boy's window cracked so their uhm so they don't get hot in the summer but uhm he knew that ---you know that---there's been---I'm sure there's been a couple times we've left it open but it's not enough to where you walk by and it's a normal thing at 4 o'clock in the morning.

Judge: What do you mean when you say he knew?

Deborah: whenever he came in from work I mean he's (pauses and looks up at Jeremy)

Judge: What time do you normally come home Jeremy?

Jeremy: About 5 in the evening

Judge: evening?

Judge (speaking to D) But this night you were the last one to go to bed, you turn the lights out, there was a screen in the window?

Deborah: mmmhmmm (nodding head)

Judge: but the window was open

Deborah: Him coming in the bedroom uhm I didn't know what time it was until he later on had said it cause we didn't---I didn't check---he came in and he said uhm why are all the lights on uhm you know why is the screen popped out of the window--- a part of a corner of it was popped out or something and I's (this is a contraction of I was) you know I got up and I's I don't know, I don't know what you're talking about uhm and my son was sleeping with me and uhm you know sometimes I like to---the kids have always when they're (contraction of they were) younger---when they were little slept in bed with me so I like to you know I like to do that when I can---and uhm he asked why XXXXXXX (minor childs name) was there and I was like you know he's sleeping next to me and uhm I guess with everything he was saying out loud to me you know he thought you know wait a minute---you know Lisa's bedroom door open and we always---we always close it when she goes to sleep at night and --he ran back and he checked and he came in the room and he said ---where's lisa---where's she at and I said---she's in her crib what do you ---you know and he says she's not there and we just got up and started screaming for her and looking everywhere and she wasn't there (crying)

Deborah: She'll be 11 months old on the 11th. Her birthday is next month (sobbing)

Clip over.

NOTE: I had to see the text for myself. It helps me to read it. I put it here in case anyone else likes that too. Also I did leave out some uhms and some speech vocalizations there were starts of words by Deborah but that I couldn't determine what it was she might have been getting ready to say. I also included some of her speech patterns such as certain contractions that aren't commonly used in all regions of the USA but since I grew up with those particular idioms (contractions of words not normally contracted) I went on and typed them because it was my flow. I understood perfectly what she was saying and expressing with those particular speech patterns. There were more but I left those out rather than use them and explain. This isn't a perfect transcription. I might have missed a word or two here or there. JMHO

BBM

Wow.

I left some out too MountainKat. Some body language too that caught my eye when I was pressing stop and play every few seconds.

Interesting transcription. Very interesting (not being deliberately obtuse, I haven't digested it yet and gone back and rewatched and thought about it for a bit).

JMHO

I hope to god that they have questioned that neighbor a few hundred times, she knew that dad wouldnt be home that night..... The one visiting.

....Snipped for spavce....

Clip over.

Thank you for transcribing it. It gives me a better overall view of what was really being said.

For example, I find it really odd that Dad never looked in on the baby before he talked about the window screen and why the boy was sleeping in the bed, and why the lights were on....Isn't the infant the FIRST thing one checks on when coming home in the middle of the night? Especially AFTER seeing the window was messed with and the front door was unlocked. I would have RUN to the baby's room at that point. imoo

I have to admit there were a lot of things that kept nagging at the back of my mind while I was transcribing that Katy and you nailed one of them for me that I hadn't even formed in my mind yet. It doesn't make sense does it? Good call.

What is under the window inside?
I once locked myself out of house.
Bathroom window was open and after struggling from my deck,
I got in and leg fell into the open toilet.
What was under window? a desk? nothing?

What is under the window inside?
I once locked myself out of house.
Bathroom window was open and after struggling from my deck,
I got in and leg fell into the open toilet.
What was under window? a desk? nothing?

Sorry, but that made me laugh.

Good question, though. What was under the window?

It really is a good question Passionflower because from the LE video we can see that the window is far enough off the ground that in order to get yourself up into that window you would have to hoist yourself up.

I'm thinking you would have to pull yourself up and go head in first? Not really a big enough window to scootch around and sit your hiney on the sill and get one leg in---you know like step into the window.

I need to think on this one!

If the person went through the window wouldn't it be logical to unlock/open the door before taking Lisa?

Also maybe the person first tried to go through the window because it was opened, then decided it was too hard to get in that way...checked the door and it was unlocked?

Yeah because there was no way for them to really go through the window because the screen was on and that would mean they had to put the screen back on after the kidnapping if that were the case.

Not that we didn't already know this but it was pretty obvious when watching the window re-enactment that LE were trying to figure out a way to get into the window without touching or disturbing anything on the ledge or window sill. Which of course pretty much proves that nothing was disturbed such as dust or debris, nor any clothing fibres left behind, when the crime scene investigators were there checking previously and why they are sure that it's unlikely that the window was a point of entry.

A fact that neither of the parents seem to be disputing since they seem to have resigned themselves to the fact that the door must have been left unlocked.

MOO

Do we have a floor plan of house?
Where is front door or infamous window locatated to Lisa's room?
Enactment of when dad comes through door, why would he go to computer
room first and see the window open? Is it near the front door?
Example: Like my house front door leads to entry, livingroom, dining room and then kitchen with back door.
Computer room is on the left of my hall, down then to bedrooms and 2 baths.

snipped

I thought when I first read this, she was rambling about leaving window's open, as if she was making excuses stressing she doesn't do it all the time. Also, re the 1st bolded, if its hot, you don't leave the window open a crack IMO. If they had air conditioning, they wouldn't leave it open at all? She seemed to focus an awful lot on the window, rather than the door that was left unlocked.

Regarding the second bolded, what exactly does she mean? TIA

Do we have a floor plan of house?
Where is front door or infamous window locatated to Lisa's room?
Enactment of when dad comes through door, why would he go to computer
room first and see the window open? Is it near the front door?
Example: Like my house front door leads to entry, livingroom, dining room and then kitchen with back door.
Computer room is on the left of my hall, down then to bedrooms and 2 baths.

The window in question (computer room) is in the front, to the far right of the house (when facing the front of the house). Going left from that window would be the kitchen (and window) the front door, then the living room (and windows). Lisa's room is in the back of the house with a window that would face the back (however, note that photos I have seen of this room have the window covered with black plastic bags and duct tape). To the left of Lisa's room, in the back of the house, is the room where DB was sleeping.

Yes, there is a diagram somewhere here, as well as has been on TV.

I can not listen to her or read what she says. Everything she says is gibberish and you have to interpret every sentence and fill in the blanks. Like double talk almost.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I think Debbi is implying there is a reason why Dad says he noticed the screen was tampered with as soon as he got to the house. And/or, she is wanting to explain that she isn't careless about providing access to her children through frequent and noticeable openings; thus this isn't what lured the alleged abductor. JMO...

I can not listen to her or read what she says. Everything she says is gibberish and you have to interpret every sentence and fill in the blanks. Like double talk almost.
Do you hear cluttered speech or just pressured speech in her videos? If cluttered, do you remember which video this was in? TIA

I hear pressured speech which is related to her anxiety. She does get in all those details about how she is a hugging mom and that her boys cry with her speech acceleration. It is effective for that purpose at least. lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back