These are 'Facts' because William Gore said Jonah Shacknai said so

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sheriff believes it was a thorough investigation. Nobody has to agree to a lie detector test and they aren't admissable in court so why bother doing it over? LE determined Jonah, Dina and her sister were not witnesses so I can understand why LE wouldn't bother with polys, which do cost money.

JMO

BBM

:what:

Are you saying LE wouldn't bother with the usual tools afforded them because it would cost them money????

BBM

Actually, it IS a surprising conclusion, considering when LE came on scene and and their first impressions were NOT a suicide. What was it that was said? Something like a horrific, bizarro, suspicious death? MOW.

Why would Adam describe it as just a hanging? But then again, we don't have the FULL call he made to 911.

I think LE are trained to know their first impressions can be deceiving and therefore have to be confirmed with real evidence. The real evidence lead them to a conclusion of suicide.

You'll have to ask Adam for explanations for his comments. I have never happened upon a body hanging so I have no idea what I would say to 9-1-1and I'm not about to judge him since, as you point out, it's not first-hand information.

JMO

Only one agency, the SDSO, has experienced homicide investigators. It is not surprising that Coronado police were wrong about RZ's death being a homicide and they were wrong about Max's being an accident. Just because someone wears a badge doesn't mean they have the training, qualifications or experience to recognize a homicide. The ruling in Max's death came from an ME, who only had what LE gave him.

This is why I believe the AG is now conducting an investigation into Max's death. A proper investigation was never done. Max deserves to have a proper investigation.

JMO

In your previous posts you state that SDSO was correct in Rebecca's death being ruled as suicide, and CPD was "incorrect" in ruling Max's death as an accident....you cannot have it both ways.

BBM

:what:

Are you saying LE wouldn't bother with the usual tools afforded them because it would cost them money????

Even the usual tools have costs associated with using them. I appreciate it when public agencies are respectful of use of tax dollars.

JMO

In your previous posts you state that SDSO was correct in Rebecca's death being ruled as suicide, and CPD was "incorrect" in ruling Max's death as an accident....you cannot have it both ways.

I most certainly can agree with one and not the other. They are two different agencies.

JMO

Max's case was not investigated as a homicide by the Sheriff's office. It was investigated as an accident by Coronado police who didn't call in the Sheriff's office to conduct a homicide investigation as they did in RZ's death. There was a public news conference to discuss both cases.

JMO

Perhaps Maxie's case didn't have any markers as a homicide case? Perhaps Maxie didn't appear to have been beaten, gagged, bounded and otherwise murdered? Could it be everything about Maxie's appearance and the area he was found in, had NO indication he was beaten then murdered, be the reason his case was investigated and ruled an ruled an accident?

Only one agency, the SDSO, has experienced homicide investigators. It is not surprising that Coronado police were wrong about RZ's death being a homicide and they were wrong about Max's being an accident. Just because someone wears a badge doesn't mean they have the training, qualifications or experience to recognize a homicide. The ruling in Max's death came from an ME, who only had what LE gave him.

This is why I believe the AG is now conducting an investigation into Max's death. A proper investigation was never done. Max deserves to have a proper investigation.

JMO

Unless you are some kind of expert in LE, and particularly homicides, you have no basis for making that statement that CPD was wrong about either cause of death......do you wear a badge? Were you part of the investigation on these 2 cases?

Unless you are some kind of expert in LE, and particularly homicides, you have no basis for making that statement that CPD was wrong about either cause of death......do you wear a badge? Were you part of the investigation on these 2 cases?

I offered my opinion which is based on the facts.

Perhaps Maxie's case didn't have any markers as a homicide case? Perhaps Maxie didn't appear to have been beaten, gagged, bounded and otherwise murdered? Could it be everything about Maxie's appearance and the area he was found in, had NO indication he was beaten then murdered, be the reason his case was investigated and ruled an ruled an accident?

Not all homicides have markers but this one did. Many posters here, including myself could tell from photographs posted here that there was no way the small child tripped and fell off the upstairs balcony and into that chandelier.

The child's death should have been investigated properly. I believe such an investigation is underway by trained detectives.

JMO

Not all homicides have markers but this one did. Many posters here, including myself could tell from photographs posted here that there was no way the small child tripped and fell off the upstairs balcony and into that chandelier.

The child's death should have been investigated properly. I believe such an investigation is underway by trained detectives.

JMO

Hi MyBelle! This is the first I've hard of another investigation,that is GREAT news! Who are the detectives? TIA

Nonetheless, RZ's was investigated as a homicide and the ME concluded it was a suicide. Apparently, RZ never reported two violent, out of control people to police or told anyone she was afraid for her life.

The suicide conclusion does fit with the circumstances and I believe the trigger was little Max's impending death.

JMO

I truly believe any homicide investigation was prematurely stopped in favor of trying to fit the evidence to a suicide theory. There was no victimology conducted as far as awe know because there were two weak, or laughable even, reasons for any motive to commit suicide (a voicemail that they did not try to get in a timely manner and never did get and some vague friend saying something from months fo IIRC).

There was a lot of evidence NOT forensically examined (including DNA and whole lot of other stuff), a key potential suspect who didn't have an alibi who went examined, a black latex glove that doesn't make any sense, a third person message on the door that they didn't even try to call a suicide note, and on an on. None of that was explained it was just tossed to the side if it didn't 'fit' the suicide theory.

I wouldn't doubt some of Rebecca's friends and family know more about whether Rebecca had great angst or fear, but we don't know that yet.

Please, do not try to painfully twist this into LE really conducting a thorough homicide investigation. They didn't. :banghead:

No rumors allowed, please be nice to each other and stop fighting!

:tyou:

JMO

They didn't go far enough in explaining how the accident occurred. That does not mean it had markers of a homicide.

BBM - do you have a link?

I truly believe any homicide investigation was prematurely stopped in favor of trying to fit the evidence to a suicide theory. There was no victimology conducted as far as awe know because there were two weak, or laughable even, reasons for any motive to commit suicide (a voicemail that they did not try to get in a timely manner and never did get and some vague friend saying something from months fo IIRC).

There was a lot of evidence NOT forensically examined (including DNA and whole lot of other stuff), a key potential suspect who didn't have an alibi who went examined, a black latex glove that doesn't make any sense, a third person message on the door that they didn't even try to call a suicide note, and on an on. None of that was explained it was just tossed to the side if it didn't 'fit' the suicide theory.

I wouldn't doubt some of Rebecca's friends and family know more about whether Rebecca had great angst or fear, but we don't know that yet.

Please, do not try to painfully twist this into LE really conducting a thorough homicide investigation. They didn't. :banghead:
Thank you for your post.......<modsnip>........IMO.

Thank you for your post.......<modsnip>........IMO.

with all due respect, Max's death was not investigated as a homicide and such an investigation is justified and supported not only by Max's mother but also by experts. Plenty of details have been made public on which to form an opinion.

JMO

They didn't go far enough in explaining how the accident occurred. That does not mean it had markers of a homicide.

BBM - do you have a link?

Sorry, no links to support what I believe to be true.

with all due respect, Max's death was not investigated as a homicide and such an investigation is justified and supported not only by Max's mother but also by experts. Plenty of details have been made public on which to form an opinion.

JMO

<modsnip>.....CPD considered every possibility before they ruled it an accident.......And Dina's experts referenced "Wikipedia and LHK".......like they are reputable sources........I would suggest that you speak with Chief Scanlon about the details. Additionally, Mayor Casey Tanaka also stands behind the CPD ruling of "accident" in agreement with Chief Scanlon and CPD.........although he allowed Dina to plead her case to the city councill......case closed.

<modsnip>.....CPD considered every possibility before they ruled it an accident.......And Dina's experts referenced "Wikipedia and LHK".......like they are reputable sources........I would suggest that you speak with Chief Scanlon about the details. Additionally, Mayor Casey Tanaka also stands behind the CPD ruling of "accident" in agreement with Chief Scanlon and CPD.........although he allowed Dina to plead her case to the city councill......case closed.

The official ruling as to cause and manner of death didn't come from CPD, it came from the ME. Plenty of details already have been released for me to form an opinion. You have posted that Coronado doesn't have a homicide department, which isn't surprising considering the small size of the community. If the case wasn't investigated as a homicide, there are no additional details that the Chief can give, are there?

I think Dina's experts are quite competent and have excellent credibility with the Attorney General's office. I think the AG understands when small town police depts. are in over their head and in Max's case, they were.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member