TH's body language

Yes, Casey Anthony-esque.
Susan Smith-esque....
Etc., etc.

No tears from Terri.
Seems to be hiding from the cameras.
Not one word verbally...(Cant do a voice stress analysis?)

The change in her physical appearance says alot.

Well, I thought she was looking like she was "pleading" to her husband and checking out the others' reactions at the presser at that time then as I do now. I just wasn't able to speak of it then. :) I imagined myself in their shoes, and I'd be a zombie like the other 3. NOT like her. Just MOO, etc. LOL

I feel like it's cheating to examine body language "after the fact" as my observations are now prejudiced.

It seems I rather failed the first go around. I just thought she was acting nervous and concerned about everyone else, and feeling just terrible that she didn't walk that child into his classroom that day. I also attributed her relative attentiveness to (okay don't mess up your screen now...) Terri being a "giver-type". :blushing:

LOL.

But it sure is interesting. :D

Excellent point about the sleeplessness, etc.

I would imagine Tony, being a police detective is better at "getting down to business" during a stressful situation.

BTW, here's a link to a new story about yesterday's PC in the Medford paper. It's probably been posted elsewhere, but I'm just now catching up since this morning. Seems like there's a few new tidbits in it.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100707/NEWS/7070321

This, from the above link, is especially interesting:

The Youngs called the press conference to reiterate their pleas for Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, to fully cooperate with Portland-area police and FBI officials.

"She has not contacted investigators to give a statement that could help bring Kyron home," Tony Young said.

So, is the basis for their continued assertion that she is not cooperating, based on her not confessing?

That's how I'm reading this.

Are we allowed to post sceenshots of Terri at the PC in reference to her body language?

ETA: since I don't see any mention of pics being off-limits in this thread , I'm going to go ahead and post the ones that stood out to me, along with my armchair analysis.

terri.jpg

In this shot, desiree is holding her womb, while Terri is covering her body with one arm crossed over , clutching the other. IMO She is trying to 'protect' herself. It is a very closed off gesture.

kyronsfamilypc.jpg

This one IMO, is part 'poor me' but similar to the above in that she is sheilding her body, still with one arm covering herself.

terrianddes.jpg

In this one, IMO while appearing to be supporting D, T's pelvis is pushed back, implying it is not a natural comfortable exchange.

terroilookingatd-1.png

This one looks like T is thinking "OMG! What have I done? ....and do you already know what I've done?"
And look at how tense D looks with T's arm around her.

All JMO, and want to add it looks like T is dissociating at several points.

This, from the above link, is especially interesting:

The Youngs called the press conference to reiterate their pleas for Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, to fully cooperate with Portland-area police and FBI officials.

"She has not contacted investigators to give a statement that could help bring Kyron home," Tony Young said.

So, is the basis for their continued assertion that she is not cooperating, based on her not confessing?

That's how I'm reading this.

Thanks. Point made.

I started reading this thread before noon today but had to shut down because our monitor was flashing like a strobe light. Brand new monitor now, so I will post my thoughts about Terri's body language in that first news conference. It bothered me that day, but I was too :redface: to start a thread or post about my feelings.

I'm 60, a mother and grandmother, so you might be a little surprised if I tell you that I thought that Terri's body language at the press conference reeked of sensuality. I've watched that video multiple times and still get the sense that TMH rubbed up against Kaine in an overtly sensual manner that seemed totally inappropriate under the circumstances. While she might have sought "physical" comfort in this stressful situation, this behavior was awkward and made me uncomfortable. I recognized that Terri was "looking up to Kaine" like a child seeking protection from harm, but she was also reminding him of their "intimate" relationship. jmo

Very true - it's why I take analysis of body language with a grain of salt. I don't react "normally" at all, either. I have difficulty maintaining eye contact, will often self-soothe with my arms defensively across my body, etc. This is even more pronounced if I'm in front of people - even when I'm only mildly anxious about the situation. I'm sure people would have a field day with my normal quirks, if they were put on display.

I think TH's body language could go either way - innocent and feeling incredible guilt over the situation, or guilt for something that occurred. Since I'm not an expert in the area, I'm going to refrain from coming to any conclusions about her, her mental state, or actions she may have committed from her body language.

I'm glad you posted this. I have the same problem, and I'm sure if I were thrust into a similar situation, I would be pegged as guilty as heck and off my rocker to boot! My body language during stressful times is off the chart! And don't even try to read my facial expressions.... I had a co worker tell me once that I looked angry all the time, until I smile.
I am a stepmother, although mine are all grown now. I can imagine if anything had happened to one of them when they were kids, especially if they were in my care... I would have probably absconded to Mexico rather than face their mother!
I believe that Terri was just very uncomfortable, probably felt like a fifth wheel, and didn't know what to say or do in the presence of Kyron's mother... who looked like she wanted to faint one minute and slap the hell-O out of her the next. JMO.

If Terri could fool Kaine....
She could fool anyone.

Well, I have to agree with the majority. Her body language is what convinced me she is the reason for Kyrons dissapearance. I was "put off" by her from the day after he went missing and her weird FB posting about not believing what was said in the media, however, once I watched that 1st presser, it confirmed "my" suspicions. I see her as a manipulative, narcissistic person with perhaps some mild borderline traits. She has been successful at getting an education, yet has made many bad choices in life. So, even though she knows what is "right", as far as the community at large, she doesn't seem to care that her bad choices impact others. Her body language is ALL about ME, ME ME.
The odd eye blinking, the brow being overly furrowed yet the lateral eye muscles do not show the same stress, the reluctance to look at audience, the odd gazing up at others as if seeking approval, etc. There is one particular area on the video when Tony is talking that Terri is leaning on Desirees shoulder, and Kaine attempts to reach over behind Terri to put a hand on Desirees shoulder, at this point, Terri appears extremely irritated, as if she is disgusted that Kaine is offering support to Terri. It it right between 2:35 and 2:40 on this video link.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lhpnYOpF58&feature=related[/ame]

She literally steps forward as Kaine reaches towards Desiree, and she looks PO'd. More than actually, she looks....well, "murderous" like she wants to scream, throw something, I don't know just wrong.

MOO....

Well, I have to agree with the majority. Her body language is what convinced me she is the reason for Kyrons dissapearance. I was "put off" by her from the day after he went missing and her weird FB posting about not believing what was said in the media, however, once I watched that 1st presser, it confirmed "my" suspicions. I see her as a manipulative, narcissistic person with perhaps some mild borderline traits. She has been successful at getting an education, yet has made many bad choices in life. So, even though she knows what is "right", as far as the community at large, she doesn't seem to care that her bad choices impact others. Her body language is ALL about ME, ME ME.
The odd eye blinking, the brow being overly furrowed yet the lateral eye muscles do not show the same stress, the reluctance to look at audience, the odd gazing up at others as if seeking approval, etc. There is one particular area on the video when Tony is talking that Terri is leaning on Desirees shoulder, and Kaine attempts to reach over behind Terri to put a hand on Desirees shoulder, at this point, Terri appears extremely irritated, as if she is disgusted that Kaine is offering support to Terri. It it right between 2:35 and 2:40 on this video link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lhpnYOpF58&feature=related

She literally steps forward as Kaine reaches towards Desiree, and she looks PO'd. More than actually, she looks....well, "murderous" like she wants to scream, throw something, I don't know just wrong.

MOO....

Although I wouldn't say "murderous," I would say she looks distinctly put out, or irritated.

GOOD catch!

Although I wouldn't say "murderous," I would say she looks distinctly put out, or irritated.

GOOD catch!

TY...good word choice, it;s hot here today, and after 8 months of rain and cool temps, suddenly ramping up to 95 from 55 leaves my brain less than creative. Murderous is dramatic, but I had the hardest time selecting exactly what I thought that 'higgly wiggly lurch" embodied.

I agree with you Charlie09. This woman may or may not be involved in Kyron's disappearance. Only time and evidence will tell. One thing she is guilty of is having an affair with Kaine while DY was pregnant with Kyron. Standing next to the person whose husband you wound up stealing away, combined with all the stress of media attention, accusations, questioning and all fingers seemingly pointing at TH must have been awkard and terrifying to say the least.

Well, I think that her lurching is due to surprise..her olive branch, arm-around-the shoulder of DY seemed like a deliberate move and then he broke her up by doing this maneuver. Put in her shoes, I'd be taken aback. I think its kind of natural...

I think her body language could be the behavior of a person who is scared to death because they know that by being the last known person to have seen Kyron, she is the person most suspected of being involved.

I have been accused of things that I was completely innocent of, and yet, when on the hot seat, I am sure I appeared guilty because I am a horribly nervous person by nature. I imagine that a person trying to interpret my body language would peg me as guilty.

I am sure that Terri, even if totally innocent, feels a lot of guilt. Why didn't she stay longer? Walk him to class? Make sure the teacher understood when his dr. appt was? So many things she could have done differently that may have prevented his disappearance. Top it off with being the last known person to have seen him (which makes no sense to me because I have read that a classmate saw him after Terri was supposed to have left) and you can have a person who is 100% innocent of involvement but who feels terribly guilty nonetheless.

JMO

Well, I think that her lurching is due to surprise..her olive branch, arm-around-the shoulder of DY seemed like a deliberate move and then he broke her up by doing this maneuver. Put in her shoes, I'd be taken aback. I think its kind of natural...

Yeah. I actually thought her balance was just thrown off for a moment by his maneuvering behind her. They were all three pretty snug. It didn't register to me as annoyance even, maybe just surprise, as you say.

Are we allowed to post sceenshots of Terri at the PC in reference to her body language?

ETA: since I don't see any mention of pics being off-limits in this thread , I'm going to go ahead and post the ones that stood out to me, along with my armchair analysis.

terri.jpg

In this shot, desiree is holding her womb, while Terri is covering her body with one arm crossed over , clutching the other. IMO She is trying to 'protect' herself. It is a very closed off gesture.

kyronsfamilypc.jpg

This one IMO, is part 'poor me' but similar to the above in that she is sheilding her body, still with one arm covering herself.

terrianddes.jpg

In this one, IMO while appearing to be supporting D, T's pelvis is pushed back, implying it is not a natural comfortable exchange.

terroilookingatd-1.png

This one looks like T is thinking "OMG! What have I done? ....and do you already know what I've done?"

Thank you for screen shots! I don't know how to do that... but I would like to add the same "OMG, What I have I done?" look to her eyes upon her husband. You purdy much nailed my thoughts on the event... Thanks!

When I first watched the press conference I was sure TH wasn't involved because at the time LE was placing others as seeing Kyron after she left. Since that time they have come out definitively as saying she was the last known to have seen Kyron. At the time I watched it I have to admit I thought she looked appropriately upset. The only thing off to me was when another poster pointed out a part when she looked up at Kaine and you could see her rolling her eyes. It's not on the video here but I could see that clearly. Maybe her contacts were bothering her, who knows. It just shows me that what you interpet is largely determined by your own beliefs.

I just don't see Terri as standing out like a sore thumb, and I'm looking for it. I will say she seems to not know her place, but the fact is, she isn't Kyron's mother. It's an awkward situation, it's a horrific situation.

When the foursome first walk out, both DY and TY face the cameras and initially have their arms crossed over their bodies in an identical fashion. It's interesting because TY puts his arm around DY and she is totally non-responsive to his comfort. If DY isn't responsive to her husband's attempt at comfort, why would she respond to Terri's attempt? I also bet money that if Terri had not attempted to comfort Desiree as she stood there sobbing and barely holding it together, there would be analysis about how she lacked empathy thus confirming she is a sociopath. ;)

Later, when Kaine takes his turn at the mic, Terri is in a similar physical position as DY and TY were at the beginning of the presser. The pose is nearly identical, although Terri clamps her hand at her elbow as opposed to her wrist, as did DY and TY.

Terri patted TY on the back when he gave the initial statement from the family. She attempted to comfort DY. I honestly think she was going to move out of the way and allow KH to comfort DY when he initially put his arm around her (Desiree). She patted KH on the back when he took his turn at the mic. How is she making it all about her?

She does blink a lot, especially at the beginning of the presser. I don't know what that means in this context. Dry eyes? Nervous? A tic? Guilty as hell? Fear for her stepson who is missing?

Thank you for screen shots! I don't know how to do that... but I would like to add the same "OMG, What I have I done?" look to her eyes upon her husband. You purdy much nailed my thoughts on the event... Thanks!

OT:
For screenshots, I probably do it the most complicated way...but this is how I do it.
1. Open up a new word or open office document.
2.When your see then bit you want to capture,press "prtsc"(printscreen) on you keyboard.
3.Paste to the opened word document.
4. Right click the image in the doc and click on save graphic.( Store it where you'll be able to easily find it).
5. Go to photobucket and upload the screenshot you have saved.
6. You can resize, crop etc in photobucket.
7. Copy and paste 'image' link located under pic in PB to your WS post.

terri.jpg

kyronsfamilypc.jpg

terrianddes.jpg

terroilookingatd-1.png

respectfully bbm - great interpretation. I also see Terri as thinking "OMG, I'm really sorry for what I did to you 'D' unfortunately, you weren't part of this, and I never wanted you to suffer, but I hope Kaine is suffering ..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back