TH's body language

Other posters have said most of the things I wanted to say but I noticed this for the first time today:

Terri stands between KH and DY and leans into DY. But when KH steps up to speak TH straightens and steps away from DY. It's as if she hung on to DY to get farther away from her husband, and when he moved she didn't need to any more.

i think that kh, dy & ty's body language in response to th is what is the most telling that there is a reason to be worried about th...moo and all that

Off topic kinda, but don't want to start a new thread unless it would be of importance..

What about the postings by TH under rdsqrl and other aliases (though I don't think they were confirmed that it was her), I really am not taking either side about if TH is innocent or not until I get more facts but, why would she waste her time with these postings when her stepson is missing? And why defend herself so much? If my child were missing and I was being accused of being involved with his/her disappearance, yes I would maybe defend myself a little I guess but I would want the focus to remain on my child and who really was behind it.

Also, based on some posts I've seen here recently, I kinda wonder if TH is posting on here as well but maybe I'm sleuthing too much.

Anyhow about her postings, just doesn't seem like normal behavior in this situation.

This is why lie-detectors do not work (fail, inconclusive) on some people. Their brains aren't "normal" in accordance with the ideal testing. You, her, him and everyone is subject to it. We ALL are not made the same, doesn't mean that our outward projection can (in fact, unfortunately it is) or should be used against us.

Very true - it's why I take analysis of body language with a grain of salt. I don't react "normally" at all, either. I have difficulty maintaining eye contact, will often self-soothe with my arms defensively across my body, etc. This is even more pronounced if I'm in front of people - even when I'm only mildly anxious about the situation. I'm sure people would have a field day with my normal quirks, if they were put on display.

I think TH's body language could go either way - innocent and feeling incredible guilt over the situation, or guilt for something that occurred. Since I'm not an expert in the area, I'm going to refrain from coming to any conclusions about her, her mental state, or actions she may have committed from her body language.

I can say that Terri definitely was the one whose behavior stood out during the 1st presser. My mother, who has followed criminal cases for years, called me on the phone after that conference was televised and said, "Something is wrong with this stepmother." I was not that familiar with this case at that time. I started following it closely shortly after that call.....

I don't know if this would help or if it's a legit source but I thought maybe some of you interested in reading body language might find it helpful:

http://www.positive-way.com/body.htm

Specifically the second paragraph about "the eyes communicate.."

Here's another link about body language:

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php

I noticed she kept her eyes shut a lot in the first presser, and remembered a bod language expert saying when Haleigh went missing and Misty Cummings did her interview with her eyes tightly shut as she talked, that closed eyes are often a sign of deception. Reason being its easier to NOT look others in the eyes when you are lying or being deceptive.
I thought DY looked like she would have rather been embraced by Bigfoot than TH, she almost seemed repelled by TH's arm around her shoulder and after there was a shift of all of them onstage, TH must have notice DY's did NOT want to be touched/ embraced by TH because TH no longer put her arm around her, rather stood alongside he w/ her own arms crossed across her abdomen. I thought her arms crossed at her abdomen was a vanity thing rather than the "punched in the gut" (as another poster described above) look that DY had. Like Th knew she was on camera and wanted to hide that flab around her waistline. I think shes a total narcissist so the hiding of her imperfect waistline (specially standing next to a very trim DY) would fit into that, in my mind.
I agree she seemed to be taking her cues from the others around her, looking at everyone except straight ahead like the others were doing. I saw NOBODY else in the group of 4 but her looking at the other 3, only TH.

Seeing her body language was the first thing that made me feel she had something to do w/ Kyron being missing.

JMO

abbie

Off topic kinda, but don't want to start a new thread unless it would be of importance..

What about the postings by TH under rdsqrl and other aliases (though I don't think they were confirmed that it was her), I really am not taking either side about if TH is innocent or not until I get more facts but, why would she waste her time with these postings when her stepson is missing? And why defend herself so much? If my child were missing and I was being accused of being involved with his/her disappearance, yes I would maybe defend myself a little I guess but I would want the focus to remain on my child and who really was behind it.

Also, based on some posts I've seen here recently, I kinda wonder if TH is posting on here as well but maybe I'm sleuthing too much.

Anyhow about her postings, just doesn't seem like normal behavior in this situation.

I don't know. Seems like she's caught between a rock and a hard place. It sure wouldn't be my number-one priority, but I've seen others on this forum saying that if she were innocent, she'd be out there shouting it from the mountaintop. On the other hand, I think we also heard she was following KH's instructions to keep quiet. I would say what she has done is, in fact, defend herself "a little."

If she's guilty, I wish she'd make a strategic misstep, but she won't now unless she goes contrary to whatever her lawyer is advising her. If she's innocent, I hope LE has some other irons in the fire. :banghead:

When I first saw her I was reminded of an abused woman-she seemed to be trying to hide from something. Now, with the latest info that has been released, I feel she was acting guilty

If she's guilty, I wish she'd make a strategic misstep, but she won't now unless she goes contrary to whatever her lawyer is advising her. If she's innocent, I hope LE has some other irons in the fire. :banghead:

I just wanted to repeat this.....I totally agree.

I seen fear in her body language.
I tend to believe if she was able to have done everything the media and public has accused her of, Id expect her to stand straight and look people right in the eyes.
Especially if she is physco or something. Id even have expected her to have done interviews by now, and have spoken to the public by now.

I tend to believe if she was able to have done everything the media and public has accused her of, Id expect her to stand straight and look people right in the eyes.
Especially if she is physco or something. Id even have expected her to have done interviews by now, and have spoken to the public by now.

I have thought this for some time, her silence to me equals fear. If she was/is the crazy woman she is being painted by so many here I think she would be doing things differently. Something isn't right.

Fear of what? Or whom?

I agree with you; if she was this unfeeling sociopath and narcissist she's being made out to be, she'd be front and center.

Not necessarily. She can be very afraid for herself and that she might not get away with this crime. I think she's more narcissist than anything else. She's very worried about going to jail for this. She's not afraid for Kyron or his whereabouts, just for herself and how much trouble she's in. She's already said enough through friends and not so anonymous postings. She's probably getting her story straight right now.

Who knows, maybe she thought this would remain a family thing only. Maybe she's surprised how far it's gone in the media. Even Casey has shown fear for herself at times. Also, I bet her lawyer has told her not to give interviews at this point. After a case like Casey's, I'm betting a lot lawyers are telling their clients to shut up and stay out of the media.

Not necessarily. She can be very afraid for herself and that she might not get away with this crime. I think she's more narcissist than anything else. She's very worried about going to jail for this. She's not afraid for Kyron or his whereabouts, just for herself and how much trouble she's in. She's already said enough through friends and not so anonymous postings. She's probably getting her story straight right now.

Who knows, maybe she thought this would remain a family thing only. Maybe she's surprised how far it's gone in the media. Even Casey has shown fear for herself at times. Also, I bet her lawyer has told her not to give interviews at this point. After a case like Casey's, I'm betting a lot lawyers are telling their clients to shut up and stay out of the media.

I'd hope that would have been standard defense practice long before that.

My body language would not probably not be normal under stress. As a matter of fact, I shut down. I don't talk, I don't look at anyone, I just sit and think of solutions. I don't enjoy having people around me when I'm upset, I like to deal with my stuff my way. But then, if you knew my life growing up, you would understand. Perhaps she reacts to stress and scrutiny in this way. Not saying it's right, just saying it is what it is. IMO JMO MOO

Personally I don't know anything about TH, how she thinks or anything else. Only what has been fed us through the media and others. I cannot assume she thinks or feels anything. Her body language to me looks like fear, fear of what I don't know, could be anything. Some people plainly feel guilty even if they did no wrong. I can't judge someone's thoughts without knowing anything about how they feel and I havent heard a word from her yet to even speculate on her feelings or her thoughts.
She may have been told to shut up before the PC for all I know.
My own mother used to tell me how I felt all my life, and she was always way off, it was more about how she felt or how she thought I should feel , but never what my feelings were.

I wish they'd go ahead and either arrest her or exonerate her publicly .

Her body language was hinky to me from the first PC. I was still just lurking on this particular case at the time. Puffnstuff had her figured out right away though. Where is Puffnstuff, btw?

Something that occurred to me today is, what if she just really doesn't care about Kyron? What if her indifference is purely indifference, and not sign that she is the perp?

Kyron looks so much like DY, I have wondered if that had an effect on TH.

She seemed 'off' to me from the start but help us all if this woman is innocent.

1st Family Presser.
What's the body language for:

"I haven't slept in 14 days and I don't think the medicine they gave me is working because I feel like a wounded zombie walking in a cloud, please just give me my baby and let's everybody go home."

Because, they all had some of that body language going on. IMO.

They were exhausted and devastated. I suppose I'm wondering, at that particular point in time what other body language matters... Plus those that spoke, were on script.

IMO, the only one that seemed ready to participate at that point, with a presser and such public/official business, seemed to be Tony.

Excellent point about the sleeplessness, etc.

I would imagine Tony, being a police detective is better at "getting down to business" during a stressful situation.

BTW, here's a link to a new story about yesterday's PC in the Medford paper. It's probably been posted elsewhere, but I'm just now catching up since this morning. Seems like there's a few new tidbits in it.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100707/NEWS/7070321

I am glad for this thread, for I have not felt good about her since that first presser, and I thought maybe I was overreacting. She really did seem like the outcast there. While everyone else was grieving for Kyron, she seemed to be grieving more for herself. I also felt like she wasn't as genuine in her emotions as the rest of the parents were. I kept comparing her to Tony, and out of the two of them, I felt like he cared a heck of a lot more for Kyron than TH did.

I know I keep going back to it, but she reminds me of when Casey gets upset, and it's Casey being upset about herself, not about what happened to her child. They both are thinking of themselves and how this is going to affect them, not about the fact that a child is missing or a child's life has be taken or how a child being gone affects the whole family and community. It's all me, me, me in every emotion and in their body language.

I truly felt KH, DY, and TY were there for Kyron, worrying more about Kyron and his safety then themselves, and TH was only there for herself and how Kyron going missing affected her. She was almost acting like he was gone for good and never coming back, whereas the other three were more worried about him being missing and finding him, not him being gone forever.

It's almost as if she was putting on the "act" of being a parent who lost a child and was acting the way she thought a parent that lost a child was supposed to act insteading of really being a parent who lost a child. If she really cared about Kyron, her grief shouldn't be an act.
Well said. Exactly my sentiments.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back