Timeline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was getting excited until I read "There's nothing new." "There's nothing to read into this." .. .. I just can't get my hopes up again... I took 2 falls already with the tips... But I hope it is nearing an end...

I was getting excited until I read "There's nothing new." "There's nothing to read into this." .. .. I just can't get my hopes up again... I took 2 falls already with the tips... But I hope it is nearing an end...

Seems to me they would say that regardless if there was anything new. I think they are trying to stay one step ahead of us....lol.

They also have refused to comment about anything 'new' that has come out.

Could also be a "tightening of the circle" signal to Terri. Maybe just another way to let her know that all of LE's info points to a fact that Kyron was not seen after she left that morning. I truly think an arrest is coming soon. JMO

I don't think LE has any interest in sending messages to Terri. They'll be able to find her, when they are ready, if that is where their evidence, if they have any, points.

I still am not sure if LE is really getting any closer to an arrest. I will believe it when I see it.

As I was lounging in the dental hygienist's chair this morning several hours prior to this thread, I focused on the "time-line" having read earlier the discussion about re-interviewing people who saw Terri and/or Kyron the morning of June 4.

In an elementary school, not all students have learned how to tell time. Even if there are clocks prominently displayed in classrooms and hallways, not every child in the building pays attention to the clock or actually knows what time it is throughout the day. Teachers are usually very time conscious because they have to plan lessons around a particular schedule that allows for recess, lunch, specials like art, music, physical education, library, special events, etc.

While there may very well be some second-graders who often glance at clocks and can "tell time", most 7-year-olds would not be able to provide reliable information regarding a specific time when they might have seen a certain person. That said, I believe that skilled LE detectives could work with Kyron's classmates by asking them specific questions based on the "time-line" that morning in the school, i.e. when the school opened, when the science fair started and ended, where they were when the bell/s rang, etc. Hopefully, LE has interviewed enough people - students, teachers, parents, guests - to reconstruct the events of the morning hours of June 4. jmo

Even if there are clocks prominently displayed in classrooms and hallways, not every child in the building pays attention to the clock or actually knows what time it is throughout the day. Teachers are usually very time conscious because they have to plan lessons around a particular schedule that allows for recess, lunch, specials like art, music, physical education, library, special events, etc.

True!

I remember when my daughter needed me to bring something for a class party "right before Spanish class." I asked her what time that was, and she only knew that it was after the second bell rang. Because of bells signaling classes, she never needed to know exactly what time it was. She just got up when the bell rang and was in her next seat before the other bell rang.

So yes, interviewing students who saw Kyron that morning would be really challenging. It's hard to think why they'd be looking at the clock, unless the special schedule that day threw off the normal timing and they had reason to notice the time.

Seems to me they would say that regardless if there was anything new. I think they are trying to stay one step ahead of us....lol.

They also have refused to comment about anything 'new' that has come out.

:bow: Of course, makes perfect sense!!!

Actually you would think they would want all tapes of interviews video or tape recorder; like the friend who spoke out & the father in people magazine. If this is going to be a possibly circumstantial case they are going to probably need these witnesses to what TK may have told them to poke holes at her credibility if she lied to them?

I would think that LE, with the FBI's help, figured out way to interview children in relation to time. I am more concerned with a natural inclination of children to want to "help" adults, as well as to be in the spotlight, and thus be prone to exagerate their memories in order to gain approval or a larger share of attention than their young friends. I grew up in a large family and it was very common for one or another of us to embellish tales or to downright fib, myself included, if it meant extra attention from a parent over another sibling. I think this part of the investigation is very challenging for LE and I hope they end up only needing the timeline info to back up hard evidence.

True, but weren't there also adults there that morning who might be able to pin down a time when he was seen? Teachers, other parents, the principal, older kids? So it's not all going to come down to just the second-graders as witnesses.
Btw, all my kids could tell time by the time they were 7. And not with digital clocks, either. That doesn't mean a 7 y.o. is going to be watching the clock, but I would think most of them know how to tell time. My youngest was able to do that in first grade.

I think they can tell time...but to be able to say within ten or so minutes when something occurred on a very busy morning might be different. And if this all comes down to a matter of minutes whether or not LE can press charges, it might get complicated. I doubt any of the children were clock-watching or looking at watches. The teachers and other adults should be able to narrow it, one would hope.

Time is very subjective.

When I am at a boring meeting, I will ask people sitting by me, "What time do you think it is?" It seems like an hour has gone by, when it's only 10 or 15 minutes.

Then, when you are having fun, time flies. I didn't make that one up by the way (lol)

I don't think LE has any interest in sending messages to Terri. They'll be able to find her, when they are ready, if that is where their evidence, if they have any, points.

I still am not sure if LE is really getting any closer to an arrest. I will believe it when I see it.

I hope they have 24/7/every-second surveillance on her, if they're planning on finding her when they're ready. She seems to have managed to "disappear" Kyron right out of a crowded elementary school, and nobody's been able to find him since. If she can disappear-and-hide him that effectively, she may be able to disappear-and-hide herself too.

That vanishing act is the really exceptional and puzzling thing about this case. Looking at Terri's behavior and personality and priorities, it's not hard to see where she'd have a strong motive and sufficient callousness to get rid of Kyron. But that really doesn't get us a millimeter closer to understanding *how* she (or anyone else) could have managed to get him out of the crowded school setting with no one noticing. We're so busy being appalled at all the reports of her made-for-tabloids behavior, both before and since Kyron's disappearance, that we haven't focused much on her apparently exceptional skill in planning and executing a major crime. But unless there's some major, MAJOR witness evidence that LE hasn't released (and that contradicts their public statement that the last non-Terri sighting of Kyron was inside the school the building), then she *did* manage to get him out of there without anyone seeing it happen.

I don't think it takes major skill to leave a school building with a child in your daily care. And we don't know that she wasn't seen. I also don't think it takes any skill or brains to harm a child and leave his body someplace where it isn't found for a very long time. LE can't search everywhere within a 20-mile radius, it is impossible, and a child'd body is not very large.
And of course, she may not have left with him. He could have met her at the truck, or someone else entirely may be guilty. I find it harder to believe that someone else could have left with Kyron without being noticed.

Apparently, KATU is not going to voluntarily give their reports to LE. They will wait to be subpoenaed.

The usual way this works is that if someone wants copies of KATU material, they issue a subpoena. That has not happened. If the request comes through the usual way, and we receive a subpoena, we will evaluate it. As a general matter, we can only provide copies of materials that have aired for broadcast.”

More about this at the bottom in italics

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98533964.html

I'm sure LE must know this and probably expected it. It is not as though this investigation is moving at the speed of light anyway. I'm sure they can get their subpeona fairly quickly, perhaps even tomorrow. They may really want to try to discourage the media outlets from doing more of these interviews.

I guess the footage that KATU won't voluntarily give is the footage that hasn't been aired.

The usual way this works is that if someone wants copies of KATU material, they issue a subpoena. That has not happened. If the request comes through the usual way, and we receive a subpoena, we will evaluate it. As a general matter, we can only provide copies of materials that have aired for broadcast.
”

But do grocery stores and other public places need subpoenas if they don't want to volunteer surveillance video and such to LE?

I guess the footage that KATU won't voluntarily give is the footage that hasn't been aired.

Which is probably what LE really wants.

If there are three "takes" of an interview with one person, and the one that aired varies substantially from those that didn't (inclusion of a time has been made, or a name added, or a more confident tone of voice used) that matters.

If someone the news source didn't find credible enough to put on TV claims to have seen Kyron and TH at a gas station at 10:15, but it's on tape somewhere, that matters.

And if they have dozens of kids saying they never saw Kyron, or a teacher he normally said hello to wondering why he wasn't there the day of the science fair that's not "newsworthy" but to LE it matters.

The footage that was aired is all over the internet. No need to ask ANYONE for that!

Former local CBS photojournalist and video editor here. I can't speak for this particular news outlet but I can speak some for the process here. I don't wish to burst anyone's bubble but the raw footage everyone seeks is probably not available anymore.

Think of it like this, we had 7 videographers shooting on 5-7 different stories a day (5-7 different tapes). We take the raw footage and edit it to story form in various ways. The raw tapes are then thrown into a bin for 7 days and then reused.

If LE wanted the raw footage it was our stations policy that a subpoena be issued.

The edited tape was played on your local news and archived onto a history tape but only the news story that aired. If the raw tape was not subpoenaed within the first 6-7 days it was used again for the next story or put into use in some way.

Look at it like this, 7 photogs with 5 tapes a day = 35 tapes a day of raw daily news footage. 1050 individual tapes per month, edited onto another 1050 tapes for show. It gets extremely expensive to just keep raw news video.

The only chance raw footage maybe available is if a freelance photojournalist was working and still has the raw footage. JMO

Added: I don't mean here as in where Kyron is, I mean in Georgia. :)

Former local CBS photojournalist and video editor here. I can't speak for this particular news outlet but I can speak some for the process here. I don't wish to burst anyone's bubble but the raw footage everyone seeks is probably not available anymore.

Think of it like this, we had 7 videographers shooting on 5-7 different stories a day (5-7 different tapes). We take the raw footage and edit it to story form in various ways. The raw tapes are then thrown into a bin for 7 days and then reused.

If LE wanted the raw footage it was our stations policy that a subpoena be issued.

The edited tape was played on your local news and archived onto a history tape but only the news story that aired. If the raw tape was not subpoenaed within the first 6-7 days it was used again for the next story or put into use in some way.

Look at it like this, 7 photogs with 5 tapes a day = 35 tapes a day of raw daily news footage. 1050 individual tapes per month, edited onto another 1050 tapes for show. It gets extremely expensive to just keep raw news video.

The only chance raw footage maybe available is if a freelance photojournalist was working and still has the raw footage. JMO

So they still do all of this with actual tape? It's not digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500