TN TN - Analyce Guerra, 18 mos, Smyrna, 23 April 2006

This doesnt add up to me...Im sorry.On nancy grace tonite the mom said that when she went to sleep the door was locked and when she woke up it was closed but unlocked.Now when does a child that young think to close the door back.not mine.and where were her pajamas.?and why wasnt her mom more upset???if it had been my son I would have been more upset.but maybe its just me but this doesnt add up for me.

The whole story from the mom sounded hinky! I think she looked at the camera once, not a whole lot of concern showing.

Too many Amber Alerts IMO, all 50 states have their own Amber Alert system and now some highway group/truckers have their own version on an Amber Alert in which they say she is being smuggled out the country!!!!

cammy-g said:
The whole story from the mom sounded hinky! I think she looked at the camera once, not a whole lot of concern showing.

Too many Amber Alerts IMO, all 50 states have their own Amber Alert system and now some highway group/truckers have their own version on an Amber Alert in which they say she is being smuggled out the country!!!!
Thank you ....I noticed that too...she wouldnt look at the camera.This gives me a bad feeling .I hope shes found alive but the way its looking..........

I came here to see if anyone felt the way I did after I saw the mother on Nancy Grace tonight, and I see I was not the only one. I got the same feeling I did when I saw Susan Smith on TV and she wouldn't look into the camera either. And the thing about how she's such a sound sleeper and the doors are locked, no they are unlocked, just all hit me wrong. I sincerely hope the little girl is found, but at this point things aren't looking so good for her.

lookieloo said:
I came here to see if anyone felt the way I did after I saw the mother on Nancy Grace tonight, and I see I was not the only one. I got the same feeling I did when I saw Susan Smith on TV and she wouldn't look into the camera either. And the thing about how she's such a sound sleeper and the doors are locked, no they are unlocked, just all hit me wrong. I sincerely hope the little girl is found, but at this point things aren't looking so good for her.
I remember Susan Smith's words -- I can't sleep, I can't eat --- Analyce's mom said the same thing in an earlier interview. That doesn't mean she did it, but truthfully if my baby was missing, the last thing that would even cross my mind is eating or sleeping, let alone telling others I hadn't eaten or slept.

CordovaMom said:
I remember Susan Smith's words -- I can't sleep, I can't eat --- Analyce's mom said the same thing in an earlier interview. That doesn't mean she did it, but truthfully if my baby was missing, the last thing that would even cross my mind is eating or sleeping, let alone telling others I hadn't eaten or slept.
She also said these things early on, like within the first hours, I realize she is BIG but she mentioned eating immediately!!!!!!

The mother not looking into the camera didn't bother me. Some people are really uncomfortable talking to a camera or even being taped. The husband showed up at the studio but then turned around and left. LE say he is cooperating.

The mom and kids were asleep in the living room. It makes me question someone coming in and taking the little girl with so many people in the room even if they were all asleep. The oldest boy went out to the car after the family got home that night. The mom wasn't sure whether he locked the door or not when he came back into the house. I'm inclined to believe that the door didn't get locked as he was carrying things into the house.

It's hard to believe that a baby of 28 months would wander outside in the pitch black though. It's also hard to believe that the baby closed the door behind herself. That makes no sense to me. It just doesn't happen. I could see her opening the door and maybe going outside and leaving the door wide open. That little girl didn't get to sleep until around midnight. Seems odd that she would wake up at 3 or 4:00 and go out to play or wander around in the dark. I just hope that she is found alive. I'm so tired of all of the horrid deaths of children.

cynpat2000 said:
This doesnt add up to me...Im sorry.On nancy grace tonite the mom said that when she went to sleep the door was locked and when she woke up it was closed but unlocked.Now when does a child that young think to close the door back.not mine.and where were her pajamas.?and why wasnt her mom more upset???if it had been my son I would have been more upset.but maybe its just me but this doesnt add up for me.

-I agree. I didn't see NG tonite, but the other nite on the news when the mother said she put the little girl to bed about 11:00pm in her "dress" THAT didn't sound at all right to me. I had 2 boys, but I can't imagine putting my little girl to bed w/her dress on, unless she fell asleep in the car and I brought her in to lay down. Why would a child that young be up so late anyway? I think all the authorities are very suspicious of this mother. Seems this is the same family that their house burned down a year or two ago? Alot to happen to a family without thinking something suspicious of them?!? I will continue to pray for this child.

Bobbisangel said:
The mother not looking into the camera didn't bother me. Some people are really uncomfortable talking to a camera or even being taped. The husband showed up at the studio but then turned around and left. LE say he is cooperating.

The mom and kids were asleep in the living room. It makes me question someone coming in and taking the little girl with so many people in the room even if they were all asleep. The oldest boy went out to the car after the family got home that night. The mom wasn't sure whether he locked the door or not when he came back into the house. I'm inclined to believe that the door didn't get locked as he was carrying things into the house.

It's hard to believe that a baby of 28 months would wander outside in the pitch black though. It's also hard to believe that the baby closed the door behind herself. That makes no sense to me. It just doesn't happen. I could see her opening the door and maybe going outside and leaving the door wide open. That little girl didn't get to sleep until around midnight. Seems odd that she would wake up at 3 or 4:00 and go out to play or wander around in the dark. I just hope that she is found alive. I'm so tired of all of the horrid deaths of children.
As somone who's been interviewed on the news a couple of times (having to do with animal welfare policies) I know I looked like an idiot the first time, because I was looking at the interviewer who was off camera. I was nervous, and she was talking to me about the issue, but all that made the news was me talking - 30 seconds out of a 5 minute conversation.

Now, the first I heard was the child was 16 months, then all the sudden she's a missing two-year-old. 16 months is nowhere near two years in terms of child development. I know some children between 18 months and 2 years who could open a door, but they wouldn't have the presence of mind to close it.
I just wonder if another child saw the door open and closed it not thinking.

I heard, I think on Ch 4 that one of the kids said Santa Claus took Analyce, and another of the children said he/she saw somone else take her. However, not knowing who was doing the questioing, I have to wonder - it's too easy to "lead" a child in questioning and have their imaginations run wild, or even brainwash them (we've been discussing this in the Perry March thread the past few days). I was talking to some friends' 3 and 4 year olds last week about my dogs, and one started naming off her dogs - she came up with 6 names, though I know they have two. I was being silly with them and asking questions, and before the end of the day, we were talking about a green and orange dog as big as a car named Crackers.

As to someone speculating about the mother having a language barrier, she doesn't appear to at all, hardly an accent as far as I've seen. I've known people from Ireland who were harder to understand.

I called the police down there that day she turned up missing, and asked if they needed help in the search. They said "No" but took my number. If anyone hears of a search for this or any child in the Nashville area, let me know. I feel helpless and heartsick for this poor baby, and would feel better if I could do something that might help.

As for Analyce closing the door behind her, when my daughter wandered out into the early morning hours, she did open and close the door behind her, she was 2 1/2 years old at the time, just slightly older than Analyce, so Analyce could have closed the door behind her. That said, I'm not feeling good vibes about this case.

I can add something to the door issue, I do know for sure that the doors in the apartments have spring hinges on them and the door closes by itself. I questioned the very same thing as soon as I heard about Analyce, but now I do know that the door would close by itself.

CordovaMom said:
As for Analyce closing the door behind her, when my daughter wandered out into the early morning hours, she did open and close the door behind her, she was 2 1/2 years old at the time, just slightly older than Analyce, so Analyce could have closed the door behind her. That said, I'm not feeling good vibes about this case.
According to the National Center For Missing and Exploited Children website posting(I would expect they would have thier facts straight), this baby's date of birth is Dec 21, 2004. That makes her 16 months old, not even a year and half old, nowhere near 2. I'm hearing other places she's 28 months, a full year older. That makes a huge difference developmentally - kids that young learn and grown as much in a month as older ones do in an entire year. They also say she's 35 lbs - that's a darn big one and half year old, and in the picture she looks like a dainty little doll. I also don't see the birthmark on her face they keep referring to.

SchnauzerMom said:
According to the National Center For Missing and Exploited Children website posting(I would expect they would have thier facts straight), this baby's date of birth is Dec 21, 2004. That makes her 16 months old, not even a year and half old, nowhere near 2. I'm hearing other places she's 28 months, a full year older. That makes a huge difference developmentally - kids that young learn and grown as much in a month as older ones do in an entire year. They also say she's 35 lbs - that's a darn big one and half year old, and in the picture she looks like a dainty little doll. I also don't see the birthmark on her face they keep referring to.
Initial reports on the child's age were incorrect. The actual birthdate of the child is December 21, 2003 according to more recent reports. I have no explanation for why initial reports were incorrect, you'd think the mom would know the child's birthdate and age. The Smyrna police have updated their Amber Alert to reflect that Analyce is 2 years old.
http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/CID/AmberAlert/AmberAlertMultiple.htm

I found it unthinkable that they could not get her age correct in the beginning. When I went to help in the search, I thought we were looking for a 16 month old and then it changed to a 2 year old! Makes a difference.

I know that there have been several instances in my girls disappearance that authorities and news media just cannot get dates correct. How hard can it be?

kholloway said:
I found it unthinkable that they could not get her age correct in the beginning. When I went to help in the search, I thought we were looking for a 16 month old and then it changed to a 2 year old! Makes a difference.

I know that there have been several instances in my girls disappearance that authorities and news media just cannot get dates correct. How hard can it be?
My heart breaks for you and anyone that is missing a precious child. If the authorities had asked my husband the ages and birthdates of any of our children, I'd suspect he might get the information wrong, but you ask me, a mom, and I'd know down to the time of birth. News reports can get their information wrong, but an Amber Alert, put out by the authorities should always have the correct information.

I agree. That's why I was so confused as to why they had her age wrong. When I met the Mom, she told me how old she was, that's the first that I knew of her true age. Makes me wonder if they were getting their information from another family member initially??????

There are toooo many unanswered questions concerning this case ....such as even if she opened the door and went out I dont know of many 2 year olds that would play in the dark mine at that age were scared of the dark.and if an intruder 5 other kids and an adult nobody heard any thing even if the door didnt get locked ..they didnt hear a thing ....IMO I think the mom was tired the girl was being a 2 year old and didnt want to take a nap or something to that effect and something happened just my opinion....mom may have lost her cool with 6 kids it could happen......its sad but I dont think shell be found alive!That mom is tooo eerily similar to Susan smith......

Just an fyi about the birthmark - it's over her left eye on the forehead, pretty much covered up by her bangs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back