TN TN - Analyce Guerra, 18 mos, Smyrna, 23 April 2006

kholloway said:
I found it unthinkable that they could not get her age correct in the beginning. When I went to help in the search, I thought we were looking for a 16 month old and then it changed to a 2 year old! Makes a difference.

I know that there have been several instances in my girls disappearance that authorities and news media just cannot get dates correct. How hard can it be?
I can see it if the media were going by a date given to them, and I can see knowing the day and month but getting the year wrong under stress, especially with a December birthday. Then, too, we don't know who gave them the initial info. Probably different if you gave birth to a child and/or have to fill out forms with their birthdates for doctors, schools, taxes and such all the time or have thier birth certificate, but with my dogs, who I reguard as my kids, and my nieces and nephew as well, I can tell you their birthday in a heartbeat, and how old they are, but I have to stop and think what year they were born in. 3 of my 4 nieces were born within a time span of less than a year and half, and I just had to stop and think hard to come up with the year of the girls' births.

Marie said:
Just an fyi about the birthmark - it's over her left eye on the forehead, pretty much covered up by her bangs.
I wish they had a good picture showing it - I guess when you take pictures of your kids, you try not to show things like birthmarks and scars, but it would help now :(

cynpat2000 said:
There are toooo many unanswered questions concerning this case ....such as even if she opened the door and went out I dont know of many 2 year olds that would play in the dark mine at that age were scared of the dark.and if an intruder 5 other kids and an adult nobody heard any thing even if the door didnt get locked ..they didnt hear a thing ....IMO I think the mom was tired the girl was being a 2 year old and didnt want to take a nap or something to that effect and something happened just my opinion....mom may have lost her cool with 6 kids it could happen......its sad but I dont think shell be found alive!That mom is tooo eerily similar to Susan smith......
I'm all over the place in my thinking about this, except that I know something bad has to have happened to that baby by now.
I'm just thinking about what kids can do to each other - as I said, we had a baby boom in the family with my nieces and nephew. I remember the things they would manage to do to themselves and each other, even supervised, when they were preschoolers.
To some extent, some parents hear kids if they breathe wrong during the night, but on the other hand, with the noise of 6 kids, you'd learn to tune a lot out, too. I can see with 6, odds are more than one would get up to go to the bathroom during the night, so you might not think much of hearing a door open and close.
As for going out in the dark: how dark would it be? The aparments I lived in always had well lit hallways and stairways and parking lots - if you don't and somebody trips and falls you can be sued. Even now, owning a house, we have an automatic light that lights up the parts of the back yard we cross in route to the back door as brightly as day.

Bobbisangel said:
It's hard to believe that a baby of 28 months would wander outside in the pitch black though. It's also hard to believe that the baby closed the door behind herself. That makes no sense to me. It just doesn't happen. I could see her opening the door and maybe going outside and leaving the door wide open. That little girl didn't get to sleep until around midnight. Seems odd that she would wake up at 3 or 4:00 and go out to play or wander around in the dark. I just hope that she is found alive. I'm so tired of all of the horrid deaths of children.

I know it's hard to believe and I would say it's just never going to happen, but it did happen with a neighbor's child to me. My daughter and I were watching a movie at about midnight one night and we kept hearing this sound like a voice and couldn't figure where it was coming from. My daughter said, "Mom, I swear that sounds just like Zack." I go to my side door and there at midnight in about 20 degree winter night was Zachary - in a diaper and a tee-shirt only saying "Wahdy, Wahdy, Wahdy." My husband's name is Ronnie and that's how he pronounced his name. I grabbed him up and looked over at his house and sure enough - lights on inside, but door shut. I ran over to the house thinking something terrible had happened to his mom - nope, she was in her bedroom watching TV. He had left his bed, unlocked the door AND closed the door behind himself to come visit Wahdy. He was just at 2 years old. Maybe 23 months or so. His mother finally installed a lock above her head height to make sure that if he unlocked the door knob again, he still wouldn't be able to get out.

All that being said - he was found quickly and hadn't gotten too far. I still can't imagine this little child getting out of her home and then totally disappearing without anyone seeing or hearing her anywhere. So I do have my suspicions about whether there is foul play involved here.

I have a child 3 months younger than this little girl and he's not at all afraid of the dark, he will navigate a pitch dark house from his room to ours no problem - some kids take a while to believe there's anything to be afraid of about the dark. Don't know that he would go outside in the dark though. He also always closes doors behind himself, he likes that he's able to do that.

But I don't believe a 2yo would just walk out a door and disappear without being found nearby- she was either kidnapped or the family harmed her. Perverts sometimes go to extreme lengths to get at kids, but how many would open a front door, walk into a room full of sleeping family members and snatch a toddler? And what are the chances that she went outside on her own and some pervert just happened to be hanging around to grab her in the middle of the night? Not likely.

I remember reading of a case where a 2 or 3yo did wander outside in the night, and nearly froze to death in the snow - but again, she was found near her home.

Having children of my own and understanding the things they do.....well i'm just not going to be so quick to point a finger yet in this case.

I know somone who was there helping look for this baby mentioned search dogs. Anyone know what happened with them?
I mean, if she's not on that property or nearby in a hidden place nobody thought to look in, dead or near dead by now, either someone took her or something happened inside the apartment. If she were out there and could, she'd have gone up to somebody by now

People besides pedophiles pick up kids - people who might want to sell her, or just plain someone who wanted a little girl or figured she was severely neglected and they could do better and they don't trust DCS. I see this with people who call me about dogs they've found all the time, and I tell them that legitimate things can happen for a dog to get lost, that they have to report the dog found. If a dog has been abused you don't know if the owners or someone else did it to them, yada-yada-yada.. Finding a child is far more rare, but I imagine the same thinking might apply.

SchnauzerMom said:
I know somone who was there helping look for this baby mentioned search dogs. Anyone know what happened with them?
I mean, if she's not on that property or nearby in a hidden place nobody thought to look in, dead or near dead by now, either someone took her or something happened inside the apartment. If she were out there and could, she'd have gone up to somebody by now

People besides pedophiles pick up kids - people who might want to sell her, or just plain someone who wanted a little girl or figured she was severely neglected and they could do better and they don't trust DCS. I see this with people who call me about dogs they've found all the time, and I tell them that legitimate things can happen for a dog to get lost, that they have to report the dog found. If a dog has been abused you don't know if the owners or someone else did it to them, yada-yada-yada.. Finding a child is far more rare, but I imagine the same thinking might apply.
I agree with SchnauzerMom.
I would have thought that the little girl would have been seen by more people if she would have went out the door like they say.
It sounds like it was alot of people around where they live also.
A person would think they would see her wondering around and at least try holding her until LE came and took over.
That's part of the reason I'm having a hard time with that theory unless she was taken out of the house by someone.
I know the clock is ticking and I'm praying for her as I type this.

SchnauzerMom said:

to answer your question on the search dogs: there were three to four different dogs from as many different agencies, the dogs did not appear to me to have a clean trail to work with, instead, they wondered around the immediate bldg they lived in, since there are six children from the same unit, all of which harbored the same scents had all been outdoors the day before, this was confusing the dogs as to which scent was which, none of the dogs started off in a distant direction by any means but instead stayed around the unit they lived in. question? would a 2 yr old child have the mindset to close a door completly if they go out? one article I read mentioned several if not all of the occupants of the unit were sleeping in the living room at different spots, I had heard that the four year old child told someone that the little girl said she was going to the park, " the park is on the grounds of the apartment" it is a sand box play area. if that was so, I just wonder why the four yr old didn't wake up mommy? there is something not adding up with this whole thing. I know children wonder off sometimes, I just can't recall reading too many cases where one got up and walked out at night and vanishes without a trace. she was not captured on the store camera which is right next door to the apartment, just 150 feet away, the parking lot there is well lite up, the apartment has some lights but mostly in the parking lot zones and not behind the bldgs. if she did walk out, then unfortunatly someone was out there and took advantage of the circumstances. or a friend or family member knows what has happened. they lived on a ground floor unit, so the child had no steps to go down, just an open breeze way from one side to the other. going out the back she would have encountered a dark yard and then a fence, that she would not have been able to climb over, even if she could, she would have ended up trapped between the property fence and the fence that is along the residencial neighborhood, this is a drainage area for rain water, she would not have been able to gotten far had she gotten in that location. all the neighbors behind the apartments searched their own property on monday to make sure she hadn't gotten under a deck or other things. if something horrible happened to her at that property, then she could have been placed into the large dumpster and the compactor activated to push her on into it, myself and two police officers removed nearly every bag from the receiver end of that dumpster and found nothing, but seeing into the main unit could not be done since the compactor channel is to confined to enter from the top, the dumpster would have to be followed to the dump and the unit dumped out then gone thru. I seriously doubt the police or other agencies have or will do that. as small as she was, she could have eaisly been placed into a trash bag and carried out there without anyone else even paying attention. I certainly hope that wasn't the case.

Danny -- thank you for all the first hand knowledge of this case. I think your observations are valuable to all of us here at Websleuths. I do know a child Analyce's age would be capable of opening and closing a door behind her, at least my daughter at her age was capable of it and I've heard or read a few other stories where children this age have done that. That's not the thing that sets off bells and whistles. Can you shed some light on the demeanor of the mother? Her behaviour seemed odd to some viewers that saw her on Nancy Grace. Never having lost a child, I can't say how I would behave in such a situation, but her whole demeanor was odd to say the least. Did you have any interaction with her personally? Was she acting out of the ordinary?

CordovaMom said:
Danny -- thank you for all the first hand knowledge of this case. I think your observations are valuable to all of us here at Websleuths. I do know a child Analyce's age would be capable of opening and closing a door behind her, at least my daughter at her age was capable of it and I've heard or read a few other stories where children this age have done that. That's not the thing that sets off bells and whistles. Can you shed some light on the demeanor of the mother? Her behaviour seemed odd to some viewers that saw her on Nancy Grace. Never having lost a child, I can't say how I would behave in such a situation, but her whole demeanor was odd to say the least. Did you have any interaction with her personally? Was she acting out of the ordinary?
for now I haven't had any interaction with her, but as a member of the orginaztion that I am in I soon hope to, some of the other members of our group have talked to her, one said that she seem genuine and appeared to not have anything to do with it. but susan smith tricked the whole town for a week or so when she run her car into the lake. nancy grace I think really got to this mothers core, I am thinking that this kid was kidnapped intentionally, but how it took place is a mystery. the mother doesn't know for sure if the kid walked out or not, she is only going on that assumption since the child had done so before, young mothers need to be more responsible with small children, a lock that is out of reach of small kids is a must. some speculate that she had been out that night and had just come home, my question is, did she leave all of the kids there by themselves? and come home to find the child missing and came up with this story later? there are two empty units on the same level as where this child went missing. I just wonder if maybe someone that used to live in those units may have come back for her? maybe le should find out who those people are as well, with them living the next doors over they would have known the kids and maybe even known the moms habits of possible going out and leaving the doors unlocked or such. when I do interact with the mom, I will post what I can. till then we all need to pray that someone simply took here and hasn't caused her any harm.

Danny -- I think your theory of the Mom going out the night before and leaving all the kids alone is very possible. Perhaps that's why she seems sort of shady in demeanor. She doesn't want to admit she left the kiddies alone. Maybe she got back at 11 pm as one source reported, and one of the children says "santa claus came and took Analyce", another said "Analyce went to the park", could be just kid chatter, but also could be a clue that all the children were awake when Analyce was taken. Confusing case but I pray for that precious child that she is okay.

Danny your insight has been amazing....it could be that a neighbor came back and got her....if the mother did leave her alone with the others ....when will people ever learn....keep us posted as im sure you will.we will be hoping shes found o.k

CordovaMom said:
Danny -- I think your theory of the Mom going out the night before and leaving all the kids alone is very possible. Perhaps that's why she seems sort of shady in demeanor. She doesn't want to admit she left the kiddies alone. Maybe she got back at 11 pm as one source reported, and one of the children says "santa claus came and took Analyce", another said "Analyce went to the park", could be just kid chatter, but also could be a clue that all the children were awake when Analyce was taken. Confusing case but I pray for that precious child that she is okay.
Has anyone taken a polygraph in this case?
I have not read here so far if they have.

dale46 said:
Has anyone taken a polygraph in this case?
I have not read here so far if they have.
I haven't read that anyone has taken a polygraph, nor have I read that either parent is a suspect.

http://dnj.midsouthnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060429/NEWS01/604290313/1002

my heart goes out to this little girl -- the article states that Analyce has opened the deadbolt before, not just the doorknob, but the deadbolt. I thought the deadbolt was higher on the door, a child would have needed a chair to reach it? I know we installed deadbolts so that our daughter couldn't open the door on her own, we installed them out of a child's reach. How low were they in this apartment?

CordovaMom said:
I haven't read that anyone has taken a polygraph, nor have I read that either parent is a suspect.
I looked through some stuff and not one time did I find the word polygraph.
This should have been done from the start and any other time we read where they have been ask to take one.
I know if it were my little girl and they ask me to take one I would in a flat second, and knowing me I would be so crazy with worry, I would want everyone I know take one.
The sooner you get that out of the way the sooner you can get on with the case.
The FBI being involved in this knows more then they are letting the public know.

dale46 said:
I looked through some stuff and not one time did I find the word polygraph.
This should have been done from the start and any other time we read where they have been ask to take one.
I know if it were my little girl and they ask me to take one I would in a flat second, and knowing me I would be so crazy with worry, I would want everyone I know take one.
The sooner you get that out of the way the sooner you can get on with the case.
The FBI being involved in this knows more then they are letting the public know.
The trucker's Amber Alert posted somewhere in this thread indicates that LE feel the child may have been kidnapped possibly by a family member and is on her way to Guatamala. Where would they get that idea unless someone in LE released that theory?

"Investigative information suggests the possibility the abductor may have fled or may be attempting to flee the U.S. with the child en route to Guatemala. The abductor may be a family member or a third party that took the child for the family. The third party may be MS-13 gang related. "

CordovaMom said:
http://dnj.midsouthnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060429/NEWS01/604290313/1002

my heart goes out to this little girl -- the article states that Analyce has opened the deadbolt before, not just the doorknob, but the deadbolt. I thought the deadbolt was higher on the door, a child would have needed a chair to reach it? I know we installed deadbolts so that our daughter couldn't open the door on her own, we installed them out of a child's reach. How low were they in this apartment?

Our deadbolts are immediately above the door knob - it was all one set when we bought it and installed it in our new door. It's very easy to open - a small child would be able to reach it and open it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back