TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just amazed at what I just read in the rape counts, and the interview with Vanessa.

They raped this young man before killing him.

that Vanessa girl sat in that house while they torchured this young lady and then stuffed her in a trash can to suffocate to death.

Vanessa deserves the death penalty also. She could've saved this girl.. I also believe she is more invovled than she says.

I agree about Vanessa's transcript...it was a disgusting read that anyone could be that ignorant to another human being and what was going on...dispicable. They all deserve the DP, hands down.

I'm just amazed at what I just read in the rape counts, and the interview with Vanessa.

that Vanessa girl sat in that house while they torchured this young lady and then stuffed her in a trash can to suffocate to death.

Vanessa deserves the death penalty also. She could've saved this girl.. I also believe she is more invovled than she says.

ITA! For some reason she pisses me off more than the others.

I have spent the last few hours going through all the transcripts etc. I'll never ever complain about reading an Anthony family transcript again. I thought I was going to loose my mind trying to figure out what was coming out of the perps mouths. I'm pretty sure it wasn't english! :bang:

I agree about Vanessa's transcript...it was a disgusting read that anyone could be that ignorant to another human being and what was going on...dispicable. They all deserve the DP, hands down.

After raping the guy, killing him, and setting him on fire, Vanessa makes breakfast for them all while Channon is in another room hogtied, then they sit down and eat....wtf? These people are about as evil as they come.

Somewhere at Knoxnews I read that the prosecutors said they finished up so early today because they didn't expect the defense to be so....agreeable. Perfect word for the defense...it was rather odd.

Somewhere at Knoxnews I read that the prosecutors said they finished up so early today because they didn't expect the defense to be so....agreeable. Perfect word for the defense...it was rather odd.

Setting up an appeal for ineffective counsel?

Hi Lance,
Do you happen to know if Davidson and Daphne suspected their phone calls were being taped?

Hi!
The only calls I have seen were made by Daphne when Davidson was hiding out. I know she knew they were being taped. He may have suspected they were taped, but he sounds like he thought someone else was listening.
When we get the jailhouse calls, I suspect we will hear a lot of false protestations of innocence.
Have you ever seen so much finger pointing?

I agree. There is no way she was merely a by-stander.

I watched part of the trial yesterday, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I remember I stopped following it about a month after it happened because it was just too much. While cutting the grass last night I kept thinking about Vanessa. How could she not have tried to help? If she didn't feel anything for Chris, what about Channon? Another female. Couldn't she have put herself in Channon's shoes? These people are beyond evil and in my opinion the dealth penalty or life in prison is too good for them.

Doubtful. You are guaranteed a trial, you are not guaranteed an appeal. The alternative explanation could be that the defense attorneys have clients that are guilty as hell and the facts all prove it, so there's not much they can actually do.

I'd be happy to put a .45 JHP through each one of their skulls for free.

I thought with the DP came an automatic appeal.
The trial is beginning now.
WBIR.com
WATE.com
And I whole heartedly agree with you on airing out their heads.

After raping the guy, killing him, and setting him on fire, Vanessa makes breakfast for them all while Channon is in another room hogtied, then they sit down and eat....wtf? These people are about as evil as they come.

Yesterday was the first I came across this case, and I skipped through the thread trying to get caught up on this horrible crime.

Does anyone think they took both of them back to the house?

This case is just beyond belief. These two young people were beautiful. Why would anyone do such thing to another human. I still cannot get over Vanessa. she has to be invovled. I laid in bed last night thinking about her. If I where in her situation (as she states it) I would've done everything in my power to try and get help. Such as taking the phone into the bathroom turning on the shower and calling LE. they would've had to kill me. there's no way I as a woman could sit there and do nothing as they attacked this defenseless girl. I do believe she is in this up to her eyeballs. I think she helped them tie her up. I also believe she is in on the attacks. I hope they found evidence of that.

My heart just breaks for the families. Having to testify, and listen to this several times.

Do we have a timeline on this yet?? this trial is horrible..these people are the lowest animals I have seen..nobody should have gone thru this torture.
Hope they all get the DP ..

I watched part of the trial yesterday, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I remember I stopped following it about a month after it happened because it was just too much. While cutting the grass last night I kept thinking about Vanessa. How could she not have tried to help? If she didn't feel anything for Chris, what about Channon? Another female. Couldn't she have put herself in Channon's shoes? These people are beyond evil and in my opinion the dealth penalty or life in prison is too good for them.

I also stopped following about a month after it happened. Catching up on the case yesterday was an eye opener. I feel exactly the same way you do about Vanessa. Maybe that's why I'm so disgusted and angry with her.

News Sentinel reporter Jamie Satterfield's up-to-the-minute Tweets

The way Channon's dad is looking at Cobbins right now he's lucky there are so many deputies near him

Video shows trash bags on windows, clothes scattered on floor, inflatable mattresses

We're back and tape is rolling, what is first thing we see in Chipman house? Bullets

We're experiencing technical difficulties, jurors please stand by! State can't get video to play

KPD veteran Joe Cox - crime scene guys see it all "from vandalism to cases like this"

How do u get accused killer out of house? Break glass and pull

Just got first glimpse of open trashcan where small part Channon's arm can be seen - chilling

Jokes aside, that SOS is very good at what they do, highly trained

Everybody else has a SWAT team, sure, but KPD has Special Operations Squad or SOS (get it?)

Got us a little shouting match between lawyers - cool

Green dropping voice, almost can hear low drumbeat as elicits testimony Davidson prints on bags around Channon body

Green is twisting the knife, showing KPD could have gone to Chipman 2 a.m. Mon but waited till Tues aftern

Defense showing no Cobbins prints on any of Channon's stuff or SUV

Hold the phone - Cobbins prints on couple of photos found in Chipman

Cobbins opting for braided ponytail today

Fingerprint evidence shows Davidson was pawing all through couple's posessions, no Cobbins prints

KPD requires second I'd but second guy didn't come in till next morning

All the while Channon was missing. Crenshaw wound up doing print himself and got hit on Davidson, still no action by KPD

This part of case casts KPD in bad light. Crenshaw asked bank envelope to be processed but no 1 did

Talk about tough standard - one bad print I'd and analyst loses certification, Crenshaw says

Guy who broke this case wide open - KPD fingerprint expert Dan Crenshaw - on stand

Why Green's efforts to put burning of body later than state wants it - he wants to distance Cobbins early acts from it

Green showing gas would have burned quickly within hour at most

It's CSI Knoxville! TBI forensic scientist found gas in debris around Chris' body

Defense attorney Green pointing out engineer on 6 a.m. train didn't see anything unusual

Sandblaster guy saw smoke from railroad tracks at 7:45 in morning, six hours after gunshots heard.

Judge is asking prosecutors why they r opening up evidence bags when pics wpuld suffice, eats trial time

Radio also said Coleman saw Cobbins rape Channon. Wrong too. Knoxnews.com to see her statement for yourself.

Media misinformation continues. Radio said this a.m. Coleman accused Boyd. Not so. She said never saw him.

It appears from the tweets that the defense is much more active today. Shouting match and all. Sound just came back from the feed. Court might be getting ready to go back in session.

Attorneys are back in, but no action yet. I love how the prosecution has had that trashcan sitting in full view of the jury the entire time.

Cox back on stand under defense cross. Going over evidence and where it was.

James Mitchell is on the stand. He was the property manager for the Chipman house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member