TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing to watch the defense play up how Davidson did the crime and remove Cobbins from this as much as possible. Well Cobbins DNA and rape is going to make all that mute.
ITA- Is it called "guilty by association"?

Saturday the night of the carjacking Davidson was supposed to go see Ethyl at her apartment, the same apartment complex the carjacking happened. Davidson never showed up.

ITA- Is it called "guilty by association"?

Yes and more importantly rape is a qualifying crime for the felony murder rule. Since Cobbins has plead guilty to raping Channon, his goose is cooked and will still go down for murder and get LWOP or the DP, even if he didn't kill anyone.

I do too. I wish he didn't have to refer to these 's as Mr. & Mrs. They don't deserve the respect.

I agree they defiantly don't deserve the respect. So the lady on stand says she gave them children toys who has kids? One involved in the crime or one of the others. Do you know? Anyone?

Hi SuziQ,
Do you know what is freemans' part in trial is?
TIA

Yes, she is Ethyl, a friend of Davidson and he was supposed to visit her Saturday night at her apartment where the carjacking took place. Davidson never showed up. The implication is that Davidson decided to commit the carjacking instead.

It appears the defense is going to attack Ethyl's character and credibility based on her crack use. The jury has been removed pending argument of relevance.

It appears the defense is going to attack Ethyl's character and credibility based on her crack use. The jury has been removed pending argument of relevance.

Did they really think there would be upstanding people as witnesses? i mean really look what kind of scum were dealing with here!

Court in session and jury back in. Ethyl back on defense cross.

Daphne Sutton is on the stand. Holy cow! She looks so clean cut.

I thought the same thing SuziQ. I thought she would be one of Channon's or Chris' friends, definately not on of the defendant's girlfriends.

I thought the same thing SuziQ. I thought she would be one of Channon's or Chris' friends, definately not on of the defendant's girlfriends.

ITA, she looks like my daughters BYU roomates!

Daphne said that the house was small and you could hear anything, everything going on in the house. So why didn't Vanessa hear Channon?

wonder if that is Daphne's normal appearance? She looks like a catholic school girl. If she hung with this crowd I bet she a different look outside of court.

On Sunday evening, Davidson gave Daphne a bag of clothes that weren't hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519