TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good am friends, thanks for catching me up. I don't have any feed on either wbir or wate... was that it for this am so far, a couple questions?

:parrot:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say its a death sentence.

Did I miss it, or was that just to address the questions?? I'm so confused...it's too early in the morning and I haven't had my coffee so I apologize in advance!!! :)

Something is very troubling to me about LC getting LWOP should GT get DP. We know for a fact GT raped Channon eg more than once. And I am not saying GT shouldn't receive DP, only that the appearance or possibility of disproportion to their known crimes, and disparity in that respective sentencing, would be troublesome.

Did I miss it, or was that just to address the questions?? I'm so confused...it's too early in the morning and I haven't had my coffee so I apologize in advance!!! :)

Yep, they just went over those 2 questions, then the jury went back to their deliberation room. :)

I think if it is the DP the judge will step in.

I think he might, too. He pretty much said he didn't think the evidence met the standard for criminal responsibility, and is withholding his judgment on the motion to acquit for a reason.

This could get very interesting.

I must say if I was a juror and came to the sentence of the DP and the judge overturned it, I would be ticked.

Although, by waiting to see what the sentence is before ruling on the motion for directed verdict, the court is really treading on thin ice. An appellate court will really question on basis the judge made his decision. It should be based upon the facts of the guilt phase, not the jury sentence recomendation. In my opinion, this is a legal mistake by the judge.

There is a sentence - families are on their way in.

I must say if I was a juror and came to the sentence of the DP and the judge overturned it, I would be ticked.

You're not kidding. Go thru the hell of deciding a man's fate, then once you're done have the court say "oh, never mind."

YM tweet:

There is a sentence and the victims' families are going into the courtroom, while Thomas' family has just left the courthouse

#cntrial
half a minute ago from web

are any of the feeds working currently for anyone, or is it my stupid comp??

Yes--the judge hasn't intervened yet, but diisparity in sentencing would hardly seem the time to flex his judicial muscle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member