TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummmm why did they take GT back to the other side?? Are they meeting in judges chambers maybe?? anyone else see that?

Yvette Martinez reported that after it was announced that the jury had reached a decsion, GT's family met with the defense attorney's,then left the court house.

It's a good thing I wasn't there to hear the aunt's whole statement..... :rolleyes: (wbir just played an excerpt)

:parrot:

Took him where? I didnt see.

when your looking at the feed and the judge is straight ahead, he normally comes out the right hand side..this time they took him out of the right side like normal and then took him and his attorney quickly to the left hand side behind the judges chair?

You're not kidding. Go thru the hell of deciding a man's fate, then once you're done have the court say "oh, never mind."

Please don't shoot me, but I won't feel sorry for this jury if they're overturned after coming back with the DP after 2 hours. They already come off a little like straight party ticket voters with the 100% guilty down the board, which neither the LD nor LC juries did.

If on top of that, they were to give him the DP in half the time LD's (excellent, obviously thoughtful) jury did, with so much less actual evidence, then that combination would just begging for criticism, questions, and a successful appeal.

That would hurt everyone, especially the families.

JMO
:couch:

What I THINK is a more likely explanation of the speed, though, is that they were able to come up with Guilty across the board because a few said OK, as long as they agreed ahead of time to go with LWOP instead of death...

The are talking (on wbir) about Cobbins case... and what would be the disparity in sentencing should GT receive DP. Talking about the choice LC made to take the stand.

Good Morning friends. Well it's time. I pray for a just sentence. Got to get a cup of coffee.

No idea what that was about. That would probably be the way to the jduge's chambers, but no idea why they would take him there.

The are talking (on wbir) about Cobbins case... and what would be the disparity in sentencing should GT receive DP. Talking about the choice LC made to take the stand.

Man...I almost wrote that exact thing!!! Did we think that LC got LWOP because he testified during the sentencing phase??? Would it have made a difference in this case you think if GT would have testified???

In my head no, UNLESS he was remorseful and truthful on his part...which we all know wouldn't happen.

Jury does not have the authority to determine sentencing for "lesser charges," according to legal analyst.

Judge returning to courtroom. Waiting for jury.

No reactions to show, as usual:
rvd1ms.jpg

The good news is, he could very well be killed by other inmates quicker and meaner than if the jury gave him the DP.

Ummmm he's using the jury's names? Isn't that a no-no?

I didn't notice, SG. That would be strange. He used their first names last time, and it was enough to scare me for them.

I think there's a gang element, like jn (?) said, that isn't being spoken about much, but I wouldn't want them to know I was a juror. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther