GUILTY TN - Christina Eubanks, 28, Knoxville, 29 May 2006

lviola said:
Please watch the news. I gave the information to my friend regarding Johnia. My friend Sean called the police and was told the following for now.
"There are 6 detectives working the case…they might be tying them

they said they have other info that they can't tell anyone right now."

Websleuths has a separate forum devoted to Johnia Barry, located here:

http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92

I'm trying to locate a link to the sketch of the suspect in the Barry case to see if he resembles the man who murdered Christina.

http://www.wate.com/global/story.asp?s=2740960&ClientType=Printable

Suspect sought in Knox Co. apt. stabbing
December 28, 2004

KNOXVILLE (WATE) -- The Knox County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help to identify a man wanted in the apartment stabbing murder of a young woman.

Investigators Tuesday released a composite drawing taken from a witness showing a man with a blue Atlanta Braves ball cap, in his twenties, possibly 5'8" and weighing around 150 lbs.

The man is wanted for questioning in the stabbing death of 21-year old Johnia Berry at Brendon Park Apartments in west Knox County on December 6th. [ Berry killed ]

Berry's roommate, 23-year old Jason Aymami, was also stabbed but survived his wounds.

According to the incident report, deputies aren't sure how the man got into the apartment but say no force was involved. They also say Berry wasn't a victim of domestic violence, meaning the killer was a stranger.

Aymami told investigators he was punched, pushed, then cut with a knife on his head and shoulder.

Berry was found in the foyer with numerous cuts to her head neck and body. She died of her wounds.
6 News showed the sketches to Brendon Park resident Heather Overbay. She's been worried for her own safety.

"I mean I had very definite thoughts of what I think they look like. You know obviously I'd think it would be somebody that looks very scary that you would not want to let into your apartment. But he looks like somebody , you know, the pizza man that you might open the door to."

Overbay says she feels safer now that sketches are out but she's never seen the suspect around the complex.

Brent Flanagan, who lives in the building where Berry was killed, says he's seen the suspect but doesn't know who he is. Flanagan recently worked at a nearby convenience store.

The sheriff's office hasn't said if the man is the only suspect in the case. Investigators will release more information Wednesday.

The suspect is considered dangerous.
Anyone who knows him or his whereabouts should call the Knox County Sheriff's Office at (865)-215-2243.

They look nothing alike. The link I posted earlier had this 's pic. He is much older than the sketch of Johnia's murderer.

Is there anything specific.I did email Joan Berry about this but I cautioned her not to get her hopes up.
Joan will be on Halloran Hill's show tomorrow in the am so please listen if you can.
I am so sorry about Christina. She seemd like a fine young lady and I wish I had known her so I could have invited her to go to church with us. She seems like someone who would have made a lot of friends there and been someone who could have prospered there. I hate to see human life wasted, with all her future she had to look forward to. I will ask my church to pray for her family.:boohoo:

Christina's boyfriend Sean spoke with the police and learned that the detectives might be tying the two cases together.

The postings about this are very brief and are on page one of this thread, in the bottom half.

lviola said:
Please watch the news. I gave the information to my friend regarding Johnia. My friend Sean called the police and was told the following for now.
"There are 6 detectives working the case…they might be tying them

they said they have other info that they can't tell anyone right now."

I am sure no one wanted to hurt your feelings.I surely didn't.I just wanted to know where your information came from and if it was credible. That's all.I don't want to get the Berry family's hopes up and then have them dashed because the information was incorrect. Not meant to take any shots in your direction. I hope we all want the same thing , that is to see that justice is done for Johnia, Christina and other victims of crime.

UPDATE: Man charged with first degree murder in case of missing Knoxville woman

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=34942

A man has now been charged in the murder of a missing Knoxville woman.

Christina Eubanks, age 28, was last seen about a week ago. Police say a body found in a North Knoxville creek Saturday night that matches her description. Officers are waiting on autopsy results for a positive ID, but they do believe the body is Eubank's.

Police charged 47-year-old Marvin Joseph Hill with first degree murder after they say he lead them to the body.

SewingDeb said:
UPDATE: Man charged with first degree murder in case of missing Knoxville woman

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=34942

A man has now been charged in the murder of a missing Knoxville woman.

Christina Eubanks, age 28, was last seen about a week ago. Police say a body found in a North Knoxville creek Saturday night that matches her description. Officers are waiting on autopsy results for a positive ID, but they do believe the body is Eubank's.

Police charged 47-year-old Marvin Joseph Hill with first degree murder after they say he lead them to the body.
There is a slide show on the link. What is the last image of? If the answer is not appropriate for this thread please pm it to me instead.

ANGRYWOLF said:
I am sure no one wanted to hurt your feelings.I surely didn't.I just wanted to know where your information came from and if it was credible. That's all.I don't want to get the Berry family's hopes up and then have them dashed because the information was incorrect. Not meant to take any shots in your direction. I hope we all want the same thing , that is to see that justice is done for Johnia, Christina and other victims of crime.
I am so sorry, I guess I was getting my hopes up as well. I do not believe these tragedies are related. I'm sorry.

lviola said:
I am so sorry, I guess I was getting my hopes up as well. I do not believe these tragedies are related. I'm sorry.

Goodness, Lori - you have absolutely NOTHING to apoplogize for. I hope you and your friends are doing well, as well as can be expected. I checked late last night and found no new news about Christina or her horrid murderer.

I wonder if there's publically accessible material about his criminal past available online - they said he has a very long rap sheet.

Becba said:
There is a slide show on the link. What is the last image of? If the answer is not appropriate for this thread please pm it to me instead.

I'm not sure what that is, Becba.

SewingDeb said:
I'm not sure what that is, Becba.
I AM NOT 100 PERCENT ON THIS, BUT IT LOOKS TO ME TO BE THE ACTUAL LOCATION SHE WAS FOUND IN THE CREEK, IF YOU NOTICE, SOME OF THE TALL GRASS IS PRESSED DOWN AS IF SOMETHING HAD BEEN LAYING ON IT.

I am not sure either I think it is just a picture of the creek where she was found.

mom3dd said:
I am not sure either I think it is just a picture of the creek where she was found.
There is a white object that seems to have blood on it. And comparing pictures it does not look like a wide angle view of the body as it was under the concrete structure. Thought it might be a piece of clothing discarded by the killer.

From April 2008:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/local-news/man-guilty-of-murder-sentenced-to-51-years

Jurors took less than three hours Thursday to reject a 49-year-old pizza delivery man's tale of killing a paramour 20 years his junior in a fit of rage after she threatened to expose the claimed affair to his wife... Judge Richard Baumgartner sentenced Hill to an automatic life term, with the possibility of parole after serving a mandatory 51 years...

Hill readily admitted bashing Eubanks' head with a toilet tank lid and later dumping her body into a creek off Jim Sterchi Road near the mobile home park where he lived with his wife...

Fitzgerald conceded she could not show with certainty what happened between the pair - thanks to Hill... She scoffed at the notion that Eubanks was cheating on her beau with Hill. "The only person she could find to get some loving on the side was the defendant?" she asked in a sarcastic tone. "Don't think for one second this young lady had consensual sex with Joe Hill."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back