TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't kept up with this Cue thing, but I personally thought it was a legitimate organization because I have seen it mentioned on Websleuths a lot -- Stacy Peterson's case, Monica Caison, Lindsay Baum, Mary Badaracco, Brittanee Drexel, and others. There's a report here on WS that Cue was out searching for Brittanee, so they apparently do actual live searches for the missing.

Delilah posts about Cue occasionally here and on her blog, and I believe the lady who runs Cue is on Delilah's show quite a bit. I guess that's why I always thought they were legit.

It's good to hear the endorsements of CUE. I've not researched them in any way, and I've not read up on the other case threads. I'm not even questioning whether they are legit. But I do wonder if they have somewhat "dropped the ball" on this case. IF this has happened, it could be for a variety of reasons, such as too heavy a caseload. Not necessarily anything that would call their competence or integrity into question. I simply do not know.

Seems that Maria put up comment up after a the involvement with CUE was questioned on the HFG page, wonder if admin there are trying to scare the family away from using such a professional group as CUE by casting doubt on the organisation.

I can't imagine why anybody would want to scare the family away from an organization that could help. I believe Maria simply answered a question.

As for the change in Diane's posts, I see a new emphasis with capital letters.

I haven't kept up with this Cue thing, but I personally thought it was a legitimate organization because I have seen it mentioned on Websleuths a lot -- Stacy Peterson's case, Monica Caison, Lindsay Baum, Mary Badaracco, Brittanee Drexel, and others. There's a report here on WS that Cue was out searching for Brittanee, so they apparently do actual live searches for the missing.

Delilah posts about Cue occasionally here and on her blog, and I believe the lady who runs Cue is on Delilah's show quite a bit. I guess that's why I always thought they were legit.

I agree. I have no personal experience, but have heard very good things about CUE. It was my understanding that their practice is to work closely with LE and that they will only get involved at the request of the family. It is very, very disappointing to hear of them being criticized as Gail's case is, in my opinion, in dire need of a group such as this to aid in the search. There has been very little in the way of organized searches for Gail and her Jeep. Many were very relieved and pleased that finally, Gail's disappearance would receive more attention and professional volunteers assisting with her case. I certainly hope that their involvement does not end prematurely, as I don't think they have actually been able to begin the work of looking for Gail yet. How sad. I cannot believe how poor Gail has been gone for 5 months now and it seems to be such a struggle to get anyone to search for her. I look every day when I am driving around town to work and home again. I notice every Jeep I pass on the roads. I just don't think that's enough. For the life of me, I do not understand. JMO

It's good to hear the endorsements of CUE.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying those posts I found were endorsements. When I heard Cue was joining in I did a search and found all those mentions on Websleuths along with indications they did live searches, so I figured they were legit, but that was just me.

I'm not sure what the complaint about Cue on Facebook actually says. I mean that literally -- Cue hasn't contacted LE with what exactly? Is she saying Cue has tips they haven't passed on? Since the tips are confidential, I guess I wonder how she would know Cue has info they haven't told LE.

As for the change in Diane's posts, I see a new emphasis with capital letters.

thanks for that explanation Pearl, must be my screen as the contact info has always been in capital letters on her daily post, which is why I didn't see it as any change.

I agree. I have no personal experience, but have heard very good things about CUE. It was my understanding that their practice is to work closely with LE and that they will only get involved at the request of the family. It is very, very disappointing to hear of them being criticized as Gail's case is, in my opinion, in dire need of a group such as this to aid in the search. There has been very little in the way of organized searches for Gail and her Jeep. Many were very relieved and pleased that finally, Gail's disappearance would receive more attention and professional volunteers assisting with her case. I certainly hope that their involvement does not end prematurely, as I don't think they have actually been able to begin the work of looking for Gail yet. How sad. I cannot believe how poor Gail has been gone for 5 months now and it seems to be such a struggle to get anyone to search for her. I look every day when I am driving around town to work and home again. I notice every Jeep I pass on the roads. I just don't think that's enough. For the life of me, I do not understand. JMO

Melodie not a direct comment on your post, just using it as a springboard regarding CUE.

Gosh then this does really make me wonder why a FB page administrator would try and cast doubt on them so as to discourage people away from contacting them. Also makes me wonder how close affiliation MP has with the site, trying to steer people away from a foundation like CUE that might be able to help search.

I would have thought any page that was genuinely there to promote finding Gail would be embracing the involvement of CUE after reading here and through the net the great work they do…UNPAID at that. Not questioning them.
As always just some of my thoughts.

thanks for that explanation Pearl, must be my screen as the contact info has always been in capital letters on her daily post, which is why I didn't see it as any change.

Ok, well what I see is a change from:

Have you seen Gail or her Jeep? If anyone has any information pertaining to Gail or her Jeep, Please Call Police Immediately. POLICE: 911 OR HAMILTON COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE: 423-622-0022

to

Have you seen Gail or her Jeep?
IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION PERTAINING TO GAIL OR HER JEEP PLEASE CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY. POLICE: 911 OR HAMILTON COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE: 423-622-0022

These are direct copy/pastes from the last two posts.

From what I can tell, CUE is legit...I just was never sure if it was actually the family who started the CUE process since I didn't see where they mentioned it or endorsed it or otherwise. The news outlets did say family, but there was never anything more descriptive than that. I could have missed something of course.

Ok, it took me a minute to see your point, because HFG doesn't operate from that perspective.

But sure, if somebody didn't want the truth to come out, this could explain the scenario you describe.

Ok, it took me a minute to see your point, because HFG doesn't operate from that perspective.

How can anybody be sure of that, nobody really knows what goes on behind ther scenes of any website.

Melodie not a direct comment on your post, just using it as a springboard regarding CUE.

Gosh then this does really make me wonder why a FB page administrator would try and cast doubt on them so as to discourage people away from contacting them. Also makes me wonder how close affiliation MP has with the site, trying to steer people away from a foundation like CUE that might be able to help search.

I would have thought any page that was genuinely there to promote finding Gail would be embracing the involvement of CUE after reading here and through the net the great work they do…UNPAID at that. Not questioning them.

BBM-who are you referring to? TIA.

My thoughts exactly..Community United Effort..CUE... United We Stand..Divided We Fall...JMHO

I found this missing man's case in TN here on WS (missing as of Monday) and thought it interesting that the TBI was there the next morning and today the Marshall's Service came on board. ??? He could use some support..

Must admit, I had a crazy thinking minute when I discovered he was/is connected to a some kind of auto "appearance" business. He's from Elkton, KY., but missing from Lewisburg, TN.

http://www.marshalltribune.com/story/1768941.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7176492&posted=1#post7176492

I don't know if there is a problem between Cue and family, but Gail's case is still on Cue's website. Maybe Marie could update us on any searches they may be planning?

Glorias, is Delilah the same Delilah that's on the SSM show? TIA

BBM-who are you referring to? TIA.

Sorry Believe09 I don’t know who they are they don't say who they are. Let’s just hope by them casting aspersions on how CUE operates doesn’t affect CUE’s involvement into Gail’s disappearance.

Maybe someone else might know who is the administrator is and can answer.

Monica Caison is not a missing person like the other cases she's listed with here. She's the head of CUE.

I know she's not missing because I just communicated with her on Sunday.

I'd asked Monica where tips should be sent. I can't post private messages from FB here, but I had sent a copy to a mod, so it can be verified.

Monica from CUE stated that tips for Gail's case should be sent to LE.

Monica Caison is not a missing person like the other cases she's listed with here. She's the head of CUE.

I know she's not missing because I just communicated with her on Sunday.

I'd asked Monica where tips should be sent. I can't post private messages from FB here, but I had sent a copy to a mod, so it can be verified.

Monica from CUE stated that tips for Gail's case should be sent to LE.

Does anyone else think it slightly amusing that Glorias put Monica’s name in amongst the names of missing. With all the time it looks like she spends out on the road looking for missing people maybe her family have reported her missing because they never see her.:floorlaugh:

Thank you for that information BeanE I am sure it helps those who were confused.

I don’t think anyone here was questioning who to contact it has been more about if CUE is a legitimate organisation after Pearls post raising concerns regarding how they operate.

Snipped from Pearls comment.

More importantly, I'm concerned that if any tips are going to CUE, they may not be getting to LE.
And this
Does anybody on WS have previous experience with CUE?

But it is good to know someone from WS has been in touch with CUE and can personaly verify that tips are to go to the LE.

I don’t think anyone here was questioning who to contact it has been more about if CUE is a legitimate organisation after Pearls post raising concerns regarding how they operate.

More importantly, I'm concerned that if any tips are going to CUE, they may not be getting to LE.
And this

Based on Gail's family member's statement about CUE not yet contacting LE, I share the concern about whether tips sent to CUE can be relied on to get to LE.

Anyone who has followed a number of these cases, and seen what happens when tips are mis-directed, and there are delays in the tips getting to LE, or they never get to LE, will also share that concern.

Tips need to get to the lead LE agency. Period.

Tips need to get to the lead LE agency without delays. Period.

In every missing person case, everyone should ensure that their tip goes first to the lead agency, and that there is no risk of delay. That is what is in the best interests of the missing person.

It's fine and dandy to also, additionally, afterwards, send your tip to whatever other agency or organization you want.

Just make sure the first place you send it, it will first go to the lead agency, and that it will go without delays.

Just keep a copy, and then, afterwards, send it to everyone and anyone you feel can help the missing person if they have the info as well.

ETA: Do you have any idea how frequently, in the numerous cases on WS, that people ask, "Has anybody ever heard of such-and-such a search org? Anybody ever work with them?"

It doesn't mean anybody has any concerns at all. It's a simple question, seeking information. Asking questions is a good thing. Seeking information is a good thing.

And this

But it is good to know someone from WS has been in touch with CUE and can personaly verify that tips are to go to the LE.

I think where all this questioning came from was that on HFG, one of Gail's relatives, DPN, in a comment which was likely an attempt to clarify the relationship between CUE and LE said something to the effect that LE had not been "notified" by the CUE center.

The statement by itself really doesn't say much either way about whether or not things are going the way one would hope.

I don't think anyone should be faulted for questioning various resources - it is only because the questioner is concerned with whether the resources are optimizing their assistance (or not impeding other's assistance). As long as the questioning is respectful, it should be OK to question. (and generally, respectfulness seems to be the tone here on WS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels