TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearl, to answer your question, I never heard of CUE until the Susan Murphy Milano radio show that Arlene made an appearance on where Susan mentioned it.

<modsnip>

I found a little bit, but not a whole lot. I really don't have enough information on CUE to have any useful opinion about them. I can't say I think they do a good job, and neither can I say I think they do a bad job. I just don't know.

It doesn't matter what I think of CUE anyway.

The only thing that matters is what Gail's family thinks of CUE, whether they feel it's a good fit for whatever services it is they're seeking in regards to Gail's case.

I don't even know what services Gail's family is seeking, so even for the search organizations I am familiar with, I can't say which might be good ones for them to consider.

And not knowing what services Gail's family is seeking, I don't even know if a search organization is the type of entity that can best meet their needs.

Depending on what a family is seeking, sometimes a PI can better meet those needs.

I don't give a flying leap what anybody else thinks Gail's family - or any other family of a missing person - should do, what type of entities they should engage, whether they should engage any entities, whether they should go in the media or not, what they should or shouldn't say in the media.

The only thing I do give a flying leap about is that the families of missing persons know that there are no right answer or wrong answers. Nobody knows the missing person better than they do, and therefore, nobody can better determine what's in the missing person's best interests.

Further, if one thing a family tries doesn't work, it's perfectly okay. They can just try something else they feel will help.

If Gail's family wants CUE, I support them 100%. If they don't, they get the same amount of my support. If they want to try a PI, same support. If they feel speaking publicly will help, same support. If they feel being quiet is best, same support.

Diane, Kevin and Maria are good, caring, smart, capable people, who know Gail, and care about her.

I can't think of any knowledge or experience or anything else that I have that would make me better qualified to say what's best for Gail than any of them would.

So my place is to support the people I feel are best qualified. I'm behind them 100%.

And I don't envy them. All the rest of us can do to help is to collect the best information we can, and give it to them. They've got the very tough job of making the decisions, and choosing what to try out, and when. My heart goes out to them.

Pearl, you asked a very short and simple question, and I gave you a very long and detailed answer. Much more, I'm sure, than you were looking for. Just scroll by the drivel. :)

:grouphug:

I think where all this questioning came from was that on HFG, one of Gail's relatives, DPN, in a comment which was likely an attempt to clarify the relationship between CUE and LE said something to the effect that LE had not been "notified" by the CUE center.

The statement by itself really doesn't say much either way about whether or not things are going the way one would hope.

I don't think anyone should be faulted for questioning various resources - it is only because the questioner is concerned with whether the resources are optimizing their assistance (or not impeding other's assistance). As long as the questioning is respectful, it should be OK to question. (and generally, respectfulness seems to be the tone here on WS)

Lalalu, thank you for your post. I haven't seen many from you lately.

Your kind words are much appreciated. The interpretations of some of my posts last night took me by surprise. If I were not curious by nature I never would have found my way to this forum. Yes, I tend to ask questions and then sometimes be curious about the answers. It's all part of being an analytical-type person. I never imagined that to share on WS some of the information found elsewhere on the internet (along with questions about the information) would not be well-received.

I have no reason to believe CUE is anything but legitimate and have never stated otherwise. I had questions about their organization because I am not familiar with missing person cases in general and had never heard of them before.

I support all efforts of individuals and/or organizations to work with law enforcement in helping to solve this case, and I hope for the best resolution possible for all concerned.

Pearl, to answer your question, I never heard of CUE until the Susan Murphy Milano radio show that Arlene made an appearance on where Susan mentioned it.

[snipped for space]

Pearl, you asked a very short and simple question, and I gave you a very long and detailed answer. Much more, I'm sure, than you were looking for. Just scroll by the drivel. :)

:grouphug:

Thank you BeanE. I appreciate all the information and share all your concerns about the family members.

ETA: Length and detail much appreciated. Thanks for your time in sharing it.

I don’t think anyone here was questioning who to contact it has been more about if CUE is a legitimate organisation after Pearls post raising concerns regarding how they operate.

Snipped from Pearls comment.

More importantly, I'm concerned that if any tips are going to CUE, they may not be getting to LE.
And this
Does anybody on WS have previous experience with CUE?

But it is good to know someone from WS has been in touch with CUE and can personaly verify that tips are to go to the LE.

Based on Gail's family member's statement about CUE not yet contacting LE, I share the concern about whether tips sent to CUE can be relied on to get to LE.

[bbm]

Thank you, BeanE. I appreciate you for taking the time to put my comments back into the context within which I made them.

I just looked at the CUE website and was very impressed. Its too bad we didn't have more people like Monica Caison who has devoted her whole life to finding missing people and helping the families. If each day we reached out to someone in need and in some way tried to make a difference what a wonderful world this would be.

Where was Matt P the entire afternoon of the 30th before he supposedly went to the Lookouts game with the children on the night of the 30th? Can he be accounted for as being present and on the scene during the entire game? Where did he go when he left the ballgame? Were the children with him? Did he go home with the children or did the chidren spend the night somewhere else? Does he have an alibi
and witnesses to verify his alibi, and IF so who are they? Have they lawyered up too or have they spoken with LE to confirm his whereabouts that afternoon/evening/night?

I haven't heard LE state his whereabouts can be accounted for...JMHO

JMHO

Where was Matt P the entire afternoon of the 30th before he supposedly went to the Lookouts game with the children on the night of the 30th? Can he be accounted for as being present and on the scene during the entire game? Where did he go when he left the ballgame? Were the children with him? Did he go home with the children or did the chidren spend the night somewhere else? Does he have an alibi
and witnesses to verify his alibi, and IF so who are they? Have they lawyered up too or have they spoken with LE to confirm his whereabouts that afternoon/evening/night?

I haven't heard LE state his whereabouts can be accounted for...JMHO

JMHO

The only thing I've heard is from MP himself. Supposedly he was at his mother's place.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136222&highlight=palmgren

The only thing I've heard is from MP himself. Supposedly he was at his mother's place.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136222&highlight=palmgren

Shelby thanks for the link...

According to that information.....

Matt P. said he was at his mothers (25 minutes away)
he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30,
but when he arrived (at what time?) she was gone, having left the two children "by themselves without any supervision."

First off, his mother doesn't live 25 minutes away form the residence on Ridgerock..

Secondly, didn't someone state he arrived 10 minutes after Gail left?

Where did that information come from and do we have any knowledge of what he was doing from the time he supposedly came home and then supposedly left for the ballgame with the children? Did he take the children to the game that night or did someone else take the children to the ball game and he met them there? Do we know? I suspect someone knows....JMHO

So, where is the Jeep?
Is it in the woods somewhere and just hasn't been found yet?
Is it in a lake?
Is it in the river?

Is she strapped into it at the bottom of the river?

How can we find that car?

So, where is the Jeep?
Is it in a lake?
Is it in the river?

I have always been suspicious of the River Canyon Road area. My thoughts are due to its remote location and easy accessibility. I know the area was searched, but I do not know to what extent. Aside from that, I think of Prentice Cooper, again for the same reasons. The quickest, easiest water access, however, remains River Canyon Road, to my knowledge--assuming one would want to get off of Suck Creek Road, which is not so remote.

These are my impressions, although I am somewhat impaired in my knowledge of geography.

I believe that if that jeep had traveled far from home, somebody would remember seeing it. Far enough from home, it would have needed gas along the way.

Shelby thanks for the link...

According to that information.....

Matt P. said he was at his mothers (25 minutes away)
he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30,
but when he arrived (at what time?) she was gone, having left the two children "by themselves without any supervision."

First off, his mother doesn't live 25 minutes away form the residence on Ridgerock..

Secondly, didn't someone state he arrived 10 minutes after Gail left?

Where did that information come from and do we have any knowledge of what he was doing from the time he supposedly came home and then supposedly left for the ballgame with the children? Did he take the children to the game that night or did someone else take the children to the ball game and he met them there? Do we know? I suspect someone knows....JMHO

I think there has been very little reported on his whereabouts on 4/30 except what you have mentioned. The Lookouts game started at 7:15 on Saturday night. That leaves approx. 7 hours between the last time we know for sure Gail was seen and the start of the game.

So, where is the Jeep?
Is it in a lake?
Is it in the river?

Excellent questions. There would need to be organized searches, in my opinion. IIRC, very early on, LE searched a section of suck creek for a few hours. There was a small group of volunteers that showed up to search around Signal Mt. a couple of times on the first few weekends after Gail disappeared. Another 2 volunteers searched together on foot around Signal Mt. back a month or two ago. These are the only searches I am aware of. Organized searches are desperately needed. JMO

I have always been suspicious of the River Canyon Road area. My thoughts are due to its remote location and easy accessibility. I know the area was searched, but I do not know to what extent. Aside from that, I think of Prentice Cooper, again for the same reasons. The quickest, easiest water access, however, remains River Canyon Road, to my knowledge--assuming one would want to get off of Suck Creek Road, which is not so remote.

These are my impressions, although I am somewhat impaired in my knowledge of geography.

I believe that if that jeep had traveled far from home, somebody would remember seeing it. Far enough from home, it would have needed gas along the way.

Pearl, I agree. At some point someone would have reported a gas stop. It would have had to been a cash purchase I believe. Seems it would be memorable. She is still in the area somewhere. This could have been an accident, sure it could. But.... this is so frustrating. My heart really bleeds for this family. It seems like we should be able to find her by now.

Is there road access to the River Canyon Road from Suck Creek Road and Prentice Cooper ?
Also, IF traveling I-24 headed toward Birmingham I-59/Nashville I-24 split what exit would one take to reach River Canyon Road? Would it be Cummings Hwy, Browns Ferry Road, Racoon Mtn exit?

Is there road access to the River Canyon Road from Suck Creek Road and Prentice Cooper ?
Also, IF traveling I-24 headed toward Birmingham I-59/Nashville I-24 split what exit would one take to reach River Canyon Road? Would it be Cummings Hwy, Browns Ferry Road, Racoon Mtn exit?

Like I said, I'm terrible on directional issues.

http://www.mapquest.com/

Can someone local tell us how often a road accident goes unfound for months in that area, is it a common thing? Have there been others who haven’t been found for months/ years after they had an accident? Are there many reported missing people from the area that they put it down to must have had an accident? If so what roads does it happen on and have these roads been search?
Stats on this might help proved an idea of areas to search

Can someone local tell us how often a road accident goes unfound for months in that area, is it a common thing? Have there been others who haven’t been found for months/ years after they had an accident? Are there many reported missing people from the area that they put it down to must have had an accident? If so what roads does it happen on and have these roads been search?
Stats on this might help proved an idea of areas to search

Not a common thing that I am aware of....JMHO..

It seem that MP has done what he liked, when he liked to get rid of Gail.

It seems he was just lucky enough (or planned exceptionally well) to do it without leaving any evidence in clear view, then again it seems that wouldn’t have been hard with the amount of searching done at the start. Heck there could have had her stashed in a cupboard in the house and had months to get rid of evidence.

It seems MP hasn’t shown any caring towards making things easier for his children by putting a stop to rumour, gossip or accusations by going from assisting LE to cooperating to the fullest and showing he has nothing to hide. True he has the right to hide behind an attorneys skirt but common sense would tell us that if you have nothing to hide and you want to take the pressure of your children regarding rumours etc then say something get it out there and silence those accusing. (Arrogance or ego may be behind that of course)

It seems tips going to CUE and not straight to the LE might be a concern but its ok for computers that could contain vital evidence go off to god knows where for god knows what reason instead of being handed straight to LE is of no big deal and normal. ( I would love to search for information on the place they went but we don’t know where they went) That one truly has me mystified.

It seems that this case carries many many similarities to early stages of case like Susan Powell, Stacy Patterson, Jacque Waller to name just a few and sadly so many more that have become real cold cases over the years. A lot of them had friends who came out and straight out accused the husband publicly but it seems because AD doesn’t use fancy words and isn’t tech savvy some people chose to instead bash her. Yet there is nothing I have seen her say that is unbelieve able. I would try and form an opinion on what MP has said but he is NOT talking.

It seems this case would be one that has good reason to question the husband’s involvement in his wife’s disappearance and that feeling comes from years of being personally involved with LE here in Australia not just reading about them on a website. (2 uncles, 3 nephews, 3 cousins and 2 dear friends all LE) Two of whom have read the threads on Gail and other information on the net and have voiced opinions which of course I will not post here as it is hearsay. (but it does influence my thoughts regarding this all)

<modsnip>

It seems to be some AD bashing on the net for all sorts of reasons and that is people’s right to speak as they want, just as it is AD choice to point the finger at MP with what she knows. So far I haven’t seen one reason to look at MP and go yes I see he wouldn’t have done a thing to hurt Gail. I have seen comments re he might have spoken to, or he might be searching (which would mean TH is helping of course) I haven’t seen hard evidence that disproves AD or proves AD right but on the other hand I haven’t seen anything to prove MP hasn’t done Gail harm or that he has done a damn thing to help find the mother of his children either. It seems to come down to people’s choice as to whom they want to believe (Works for me at least)

So I ask myself

Why won’t MP stand up like a man and talk?

What has MP got to hide that he needs an attorney to speak for him?

Who is watching out for Gail’s assets?

Where is the Jeep?

But the question always in my mind when I think of Gail is …Where is Gail?

Again these are just my random thoughts that I am posting, I don’t need or ask anyone to agree with me and to those who don’t agree with me that is you choice and I would never want your right to disagree with me taken away by anyone. Just like the right to remain silent I have the right to form an opinion and to speak about it. When/if Gail is found and it is can be proved that MP had nothing to do with it I will happily change my opinion. That is the beauty of being able to use your own brain and not be bullied or intimidated into thinking like others.

So again random thoughts running around in my head formed from reading stuff from all over the net.

Does anyone else think it slightly amusing that Glorias put Monica’s name in amongst the names of missing.

Sorry about that. If Monica is reading, I apologize. The "research" I did on Cue when it was first mentioned was by searching WS for mentions of it. Since I didn't remember the results I got from that search a few weeks ago, I did a repeat search yesterday and just quickly listed the names without thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab