TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless told the whole truth...or as much as can be ascertained...these children (and her other loved ones) are always going to wonder and run through every what-if scenario possible. They DESERVE to know the truth, and they deserve to know the whole truth.

yes, 100%, THEY deserve to know, but WE the public, really have no right to that. If LE determines it is an accident, we have no right to anything further.

yes, 100%, THEY deserve to know, but WE the public, really have no right to that. If LE determines it is an accident, we have no right to anything further.

Except...if knowing this woman went off a mountain because she was texting saves just one life...:rocker:

Except...if knowing this woman went off a mountain because she was texting saves just one life...:rocker:

Please know I used this example only as a hypothetical to illustrate a point about privacy. I'd never even thought about this possibility, in fact.

I do not want to later read somewhere that "Pearl on WS thinks Gail went off the mountain because she was texting while she was driving." This is the nature of how words have been twisted around as people (in general) have discussed this case in VARIOUS places, and it's been so frustrating. I'm almost afraid to post anything anymore.

And I'm not criticizing your post in the least. You have a valid point, if this were indeed what happened. Just trying to think of the potential domino effect.

Kinda sorta hard to text while making a 90-degree turn off a cliff. :innocent: You really need two hands to turn the steering wheel that hard.

Just saying, but then I'm pretty biased and haven't ever been on the fence during this case. However, I think LE would be fools indeed if they swept everything that happened before the "accident" under the rug.

*or under a rock on the brow*

:cowcouch:

Another thought -- an animal darted out in front of her, possibly causing her to veer & then lose control. Texting was my first guess actually. (Of course, this is going with LE's theory that it was an accident & not a homicide).

The only way, atm, I could see this as an accident is if she had veered off terribly into the other lane and turned hard and quick to compensate and lost control. As far as texting...wasn't it stated somewhere her phone was charging? (Which I find odd too...considering what apparently was happening just prior) IMO

Hmm. Interesting article. Thanks, Emeralgem.

I'm still trying to figure out the owner of the helicopter used to first spot Gail's jeep- and how it was spotted that very day- and not a day earlier.

I do think the public has a right to know how LE allocates expenses (in this case, LE/SAR- our tax dollars, of course) and I think the public has a right to know when funds may have been misappropriated; either by intention, by design, or by accident.

If the 'bill' for recovery of an accident victim could be reduced by paying forward some resources (therefore an earlier recovery of the victim, and determination of cause of accident- not to mention less pain for loved ones) it seems fiscally and morally prudent to do so, imvho.

Why would LE invest so much money into a recovery effort 6 months after the fact- if it could have cost half as much 5 months earlier? :waitasec:

Hope that makes sense.
I still can't wrap my head around the physics, here.

Hmm. Interesting article. Thanks, Emeralgem.

I'm still trying to figure out the owner of the helicopter used to first spot Gail's jeep- and how it was spotted that very day- and not a day earlier.

I do think the public has a right to know how LE allocates expenses (in this case, LE/SAR- our tax dollars, of course) and I think the public has a right to know when funds may have been misappropriated; either by intention, by design, or by accident.

If the 'bill' for recovery of an accident victim could be reduced by paying forward some resources (therefore an earlier recovery of the victim, and determination of cause of accident- not to mention less pain for loved ones) it seems fiscally and morally prudent to do so, imvho.

Why would LE invest so much money into a recovery effort 6 months after the fact- if it could have cost half as much 5 months earlier? :waitasec:

Hope that makes sense.
I still can't wrap my head around the physics, here.

BBM
I just want to be sure that I understand your question. When you refer to the recovery effort costing less 5 months earlier, are you referring to investigative man hours versus the actual cost of the physical recovery?

I am still trying to wrap my mind around the events that led to the crash, as well as why it took so long to locate the Jeep. I keep feeling like they knew just where to look, but if that's true...why did it take so long?

BBM
I just want to be sure that I understand your question. When you refer to the recovery effort costing less 5 months earlier, are you referring to investigative man hours versus the actual cost of the physical recovery?

I am still trying to wrap my mind around the events that led to the crash, as well as why it took so long to locate the Jeep. I keep feeling like they knew just where to look, but if that's true...why did it take so long?

I was referring to both- man hours (and apparently some woman hours also ;) ) and the actual recovery of the Jeep.

If Gail had been recovered shortly after the accident, then it seems to me there would have been little need for the extensive expenditure needed to process a possible crime and/or crime scene- nor the need for the expenditure associated with advanced forensics.

(This, btw, in NO way means I think full and complete efforts should not be expended for the recovery of accident victims- because every victim deserves recovery in as swift a manner as possible- whether victim of an accident, mother nature, a suicide, a murder, a disaster.)
So I'm not begrudging the money spent on the investigation- just wondering ... if/why it was not 'spent' in May?

I, too, feel like Gail's location may have been known earlier.

So was the search effort possibly perceived by LE as an issue similar to some other rescue/recovery efforts of persons who go missing under dangerous situations they have been advised against- such as extreme sports players who disregard safety warnings? Or runaway brides who disappear purposefully, negligent and unaware of the SAR cost that may be incured by LE?
I don't know many LEO's who would have a last seen, a last phone conversation, a last ping, no bank acct activity, a missing vehicle...and not think- hmm, well something probably happened to this individual very shortly after they disappeared. So what's that radius?

Why does it seem that realization took so long? And why was the vehicle spotted that first day and only then recovered?

I guess it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
I will wait for the final report- but it's a head scratcher, for sure.

Answers by New Years? Again, could the season be the reason?

IF justice for Gail includes a criminal prosecution, I sincerely hope those beginnings will wait until after Christmas. I just keep thinking about what a difficult time this must be for the family--particularly the children. I can imagine nothing to be gained by an arrest specifically within the next 12 days, which is how many we have until Christmas. In fact, I think that would be quite an INjustice.

No matter what the outcome of the investigation, I think a media stir when that final report is released is inevitable. I can think of no ethical reason to put the children through another upheaval right before Christmas. Processing the trauma they've already suffered seems more than enough. JMO, as usual.

Www.newschannel9.com. sorry, I am on my mobile and have trouble with links but another woman ran off the W road between 6 and 6:30 tonight, fell 300-400 feet but is alive and was airlifted to the local hospital. Makes me wonder if Gail had been found sooner she might have had a chance. I am praying for this latest accident victim. Another link is www.wrcvtv.com and channel 3.

BTW, In answer to a couple of questions:
Yes I am local; but no I do not call myself an insider. Will try to be more careful to post accordingly, or to not post at all. Just received some personal bad news (again) and will be spending quite a lot of time dealing with that.

Praying for Gail's loved ones, and for anyone trying to seek justice for Gail!

Www.newschannel9.com. sorry, I am on my mobile and have trouble with links but another woman ran off the W road between 6 and 6:30 tonight, fell 300-400 feet but is alive and was airlifted to the local hospital. Makes me wonder if Gail had been found sooner she might have had a chance. I am praying for this latest accident victim. Another link is www.wrcvtv.com and channel 3.

What kind of vehicle was she driving. If anyone has this info I would really appreciate it.

Regarding the accident tonight on the W road -between I haven't read a name release or what type of vehicle. The news is saying she is alive and in critical condition at Erlanger Hospital. Only one female driver in the car. Apparently it happened near the W curves and the cechile was found not far from where Gail was found. Follow the news links for updates. Www.wrcvtv.com and www.channelnews9.com and www.wdef.com.

What kind of vehicle was she driving. If anyone has this info I would really appreciate it.

Name and type of vehicle has not been released yet. We may learn more at 11:00 pm

ETA..No new information given..

For those who are not familar with the area the sharp turns on the "W" Road are very dangerous. The area on East Brow where Gail and her jeep went off the mountain is not what I would refer to as being dangerous..JMHO

I just heard on news channel 3 the woman's name is Teresa Evans and she is in her 40's.

Didn't I read that the husband of Gail P. filed for divorce and full custody of the children, just one week after she was missing???

That (if true) sounds a wee bit suspicious to me., or quite a convenience for HIM that an accident occurred while he was busying himself doing all of this so early on.

Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member