TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamilton County spokeswoman Janice Atkinson says the Chevy Trail Blazer went off the road, on the 4200 block, a few minutes after 6 p.m.

Article updated: http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/road-1007285-identify-condition.html

Here's another one:
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/16318238/wreck-shuts-down-w-road

The W-Road is closed now.

You can't make this stuff up, I swear!

The crash happened Tuesday around 6:00 p.m. in the 4200 block of the W Road.

When deputies arrived they found a Chevrolet Trail Blazer had hit a retaining wall, traveled over the wall going air borne, and hit several tree. The vehicle came to a rest about 150 feet down a steep embankment.

A motorist traveling behind the Trail Blazer witnessed the crash and notified emergency responders.

Emergency Crews repelled down the mountain to get to the woman in the vehicle.

Here's another one:
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/16318238/wreck-shuts-down-w-road

The W-Road is closed now.

You can't make this stuff up, I swear!

The crash happened Tuesday around 6:00 p.m. in the 4200 block of the W Road.

When deputies arrived they found a Chevrolet Trail Blazer had hit a retaining wall, traveled over the wall going air borne, and hit several tree. The vehicle came to a rest about 150 feet down a steep embankment.

A motorist traveling behind the Trail Blazer witnessed the crash and notified emergency responders.

Emergency Crews repelled down the mountain to get to the woman in the vehicle.

I just heard on news Channel 3 the woman's injuries are non life threatening..Thats good news....JMHO

I feel badly for the lady that was in an accident yesterday on the W roads. I am glad to hear her injuries are non life threatening, though. I agree with emeralgem, the twists and turns on the W road are dangerous, but that's not where Gail's accident occurred. There were no twists and turns where her accident was.

I still have Gail on my mind. :seeya:

I know we aren't supposed to talk about FB but on Clive's page "Gail Palmgren Search" he has gone to the site on East Brow and taken serveral pictures using his own car to simulate how he thinks Gail's car would have been positioned to crash the way it is said to have happened. Interesting to look at. JMO

Oriah,

I added it to the original post. Did you see it?

Did you look at Clive's pics? What do you think?

Oriah,

I added it to the original post. Did you see it?

Did you look at Clive's pics? What do you think?

I did, jd3223- thank you!

I also looked at Clive's pics.
You know what (oddly enough) jumped out at me? That the missing rock location has grass on it that apprears very hearty- and I'd like to know what stage it's at in its growth cycle. Would confirm to me when the rock went over the brow, and what sort of plant debris was on the side resting on the ground, when it was still atop the bluff.

I know we aren't supposed to talk about FB but on Clive's page "Gail Palmgren Search" he has gone to the site on East Brow and taken serveral pictures using his own car to simulate how he thinks Gail's car would have been positioned to crash the way it is said to have happened. Interesting to look at. JMO

Quite interesting.. Thank you...JMHO

There is no way the grounds keeper could have missed all those signs, imo. Maybe the jeep flipped or turned when it hit the hedges? Will be informative to know her speed after the black box info comes in. The backend certainly looks as though it was just dropped from a helicopter because there is not damage to the vehicle except the back and top. If it rolled as they said why isn't there much damage to the sides or front end? Of course, there were no pics of the driver's side, but the windows were still there. JMO

Clive does have great pics. Wonder if he'll get in trouble for parking his car like that on the road. LOL Must have been early in morning to do that. I wouldn't have.

Reading back when Gail went missing, it still sounds mighty suspicious to me, far too convenient for the ex. However, I'm sure the LE will take care to cover all of this at the crime scene, (as they are calling it) where the Jeep went over:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ing-husband-co-worker-terminated-at-bluecross

Chancery Court filings dated May 6 show that Matt Palmgren attempted to legally separate from his wife and sought custody of their two children, six days after she went missing.

He filed a restraining order, a request for custody of their two children, and possession of their home, WRCBTV.com reports.

He claimed his wife had access to hundreds of thousands of dollars in their accounts and was suffering from severe mental illness. He also claimed Gail took jewelry, changed pin numbers to those bank accounts, and took the children’s passports.

In a sworn statement he claimed his wife suffered “bouts of depression,” was on several prescription medications, and was “delusional.”

Gail’s family denies those claims.

“Absolutely not,” said Diane Nichols, when asked if her sister has a history of mental illness. “She is a very intelligent person, healthy, has two kids at home, she loves those kids, this is unusual.”

Wow! Another woman going off that road while this road is in the news. I am sure that TE is glad that LE probably had the equipment and/or rescue personnel handy because of the recent recovery of GP's remains and vehicles. TE was in a Chevy Blazer-while Gayle was in a jeep. There was probably more protection for her. I really hope people are now being very-very careful on this road-that's three vehicles that have gone off this road falling 150-400(?) feet down a mountain. Scary stuff.

Wow! Another woman going off that road while this road is in the news. I am sure that TE is glad that LE probably had the equipment and/or rescue personnel handy because of the recent recovery of GP's remains and vehicles. TE was in a Chevy Blazer-while Gayle was in a jeep. There was probably more protection for her. I really hope people are now being very-very careful on this road-that's three vehicles that have gone off this road falling 150-400(?) feet down a mountain. Scary stuff.

TE was on the "W" Road not on East Brow.. The "W" can be quite dangerous..
The area where they claim Gail's jeep went off the mountain is not dangerous..JMHO

TE was on the "W" Road not on East Brow.. The "W" can be quite dangerous..
The area where they claim Gail's jeep went off the mountain is not dangerous..JMHO

Terribly rare, if ever for anyone to go off either area, for one reason anyone driving in these areas is always so cautious. Once you get the hang of the W, it's a great road, much prefer to Signal Mtn Road.

Terribly rare, if ever for anyone to go off either area, for one reason anyone driving in these areas is always so cautious. Once you get the hang of the W, it's a great road, much prefer to Signal Mtn Road.
Seriously, I would love to see the insurance data for those two roads. I think the odds are very low of a woman driver going off of either road unless there was ice.

And there was no ice either time, and the W is always the first road closed in winter storms.

My husband jokingly asked me who paid a woman to drive off that road just to make a point. I know - not really funny, I'm sorry. :(

Think that would be rather difficult since it has been stated her phone was charging.
Don't understand that as a conflict. :waitasec:

I use my cell phone whether it's plugged into a charger in my vehicle or plugged into a charger at home, or not. If the battery is not fully charged, it charges while it is plugged in to an electric source.

Unless LE meant and released that the phone was unusable (battery depleted) and charging to finally get enough charge to be useable to incoming or outcoing calls...

Just can't shake the extreme hinkiness about this case.... Poor Gail.

Hope that someone (FBI?) figgers it all out, and there Justice for Gail, her children, her loving family, and Arlene.

Really sad case. And why so damn long to find her? :(

Don't understand that as a conflict. :waitasec:

I use my cell phone whether it's plugged into a charger in my vehicle or plugged into a charger at home, or not. If the battery is not fully charged, it charges while it is plugged in to an electric source.

Unless LE meant and released that the phone was unusable (battery depleted) and charging to finally get enough charge to be useable to incoming or outcoing calls...

Just can't shake the extreme hinkiness about this case.... Poor Gail.

Hope that someone (FBI?) figgers it all out, and there Justice for Gail, her children, her loving family, and Arlene.

Really sad case. And why so damn long to find her? :(

Whether the phone was charging or not, how could she be texting and make a 90 degree turn off a cliff. That would take two hands in a jeep just to turn the steering wheel, it seems to me, to go off where she did.

It's baffling to me.

Think that would be rather difficult since it has been stated her phone was charging.

This statement is confusing to me. I can make calls and text while my phone is charging. Is that the exception rather than the rule?

This statement is confusing to me. I can make calls and text while my phone is charging. Is that the exception rather than the rule?

Please disregard my comment..I thought her phone was charging and not in her hand, guess that was my mistake. Seems all of you seem to have a handle on the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA