TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Novartis is worldwide, corporate headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Humana is nationwide, but corporate headquarters in KY.

I assumed she moved around with him because she had more flexibility to transfer, but not sure. Does any friends know? That would help!

I was thinking he followed her to KY. He was still in AL from 2002-2004, while she was employed by Novartis in May of 2002-2010. Unless there is AL location for Novartis where she worked...which I can't find. ???

Where was he employed before 2002?

Interesting. I tend to always believe JBean because it seems like she gets good info . I guess Susie had to be the one to confirm the sighting.
Thank you for your vote of confidence. For the record susies account only corroborates the information I have. Iow its not susies word I am relying upon to confirm

Can any of the locals reach out to those running the facebook page and creating flyers? I spoke with HCSO this morning-since they are lead on the investigation (yet still working closely with SMPD of course) the flyers may need to be updated with the following phone numbers for HCSO:

HCSO Criminal Investigations
423-209-8940 business hours
423-622-0022 after hours.

I have updated the flyer I have been circulating and will post on FB, etc. Thank you so much for the update!

I too am interested to see the Criminal Investigations Department is now handling the investigation. Let's hope whomever is investigating can bring Gail Marie home to her children and her family! Thank you all!

Where in Michigan did someone supposedly see the red Jeep with the wheel cover the same as Gail's? I live in Michigan, so I wondered if it was anywhere near my area.

Where in Michigan did someone supposedly see the red Jeep with the wheel cover the same as Gail's? I live in Michigan, so I wondered if it was anywhere near my area.

Jamie Jones, who is with Missing You Foundation posted the info. Here is addy for the organization, but not sure if that is where he saw the jeep. Prolly close tho.

http://www.missingyouorg.com/Any Donations can be sent to …In Care of Missing You Foundation
1309 E Michigan Ave,Albion Michigan

Jamie Jones

http://missingyouorg.com/services/donations/

snipped...

Interesting to me though, was click on the 'property image' and it shows a drawing of the lot, which shows they owned all of the woods backing up to Timesville Road.

I wonder if those woods have been searched. Not necessarily for a big red Jeep but for smaller items.

Edit to add: Specifically I meant the $30K of valuables MP claims GP took with her. (Link.)

Still reeling from the news today!

For what it's worth (which may not be much), the time MP was on leave doesn't surprise me much, because I once knew a gentleman who worked for NASA who was on leave for 3 full months while NASA gathered the info they needed and got all their legal ducks in a row before firing him. It was a CYA move on their part to make sure they couldn't get sued.

That makes me think even BCBS was suspicious of MP's involvement since about the middle of May, when he was put on leave. I would assume anything they know, LE knows.

Could she have been "telecommuting" ? (Maybe there is a different word for it now! )

Gail's territory was still primarily in Alabama, IIRC. So it was easy for her to stay at the lake house and still maintain her job, while commuting home either every weekend or every other weekend to Kentucky. As I've said before, Easy Street was very special to her. We had many conversations over the years where nothing was said, but now it's becoming more apparent as to why.

You're welcome, almino. It sounded as if JBean had it on good authority that it was Gail, for sure.

I did see that a person from Michigan saw a Red Rubicon jeep with the "Life is Good" wheel cover. Could be a coincidence that someone else has the same wheel cover, but who knows.

Life is good is a very popular wheel cover for Jeeps and it comes in many styles.

from jeep dealers.

http://www.allthingsjeep.com/liisgotico.html

snipped...

I wonder if those woods have been searched. Not necessarily for a big red Jeep but for smaller items.

Edit to add: Specifically I meant the $30K of valuables MP claims GP took with her. (Link.)
With regards to the items reportedly removed by Gail, this was reported to have happened about a week PRIOR to her disappearance. Link to Chattanoogan article here http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp IMO, it would be reasonable to think that Gail would have included these items (especially sentimental family jewelry), among those that were given to friends for safe-keeping.

That being said, for a local and "in-person perspective" and for the benefit of those who are only able to view the property via overhead internet pics I will share the following; their backyard "woods" as they appear online are IMO of course, a nicely sized yard with the benefit of trees at the deeply-sloping rear half. This edge of Timesville is guard-railed (for good reason). If it were not, a vehicle leaving the road would not merely drive off the road, but likely roll over a few times before landing at the rear of the properties.

When on Timesville, the rear of the houses are visible, in winter with no leaves much more so, you can see into the homes while driving down Timesville (privacy from Timesville Rd would be an issue then).

Also, just across Timesville and in the general area there is regular traffic and several homes clustered. Another mile down and around the corner there is a smaller wooded road some areas which are more isolated.

All of this new information is very encouraging for me. I am so glad LE has spoken up at last. Finally we can see movement.

Gail's territory was still primarily in Alabama, IIRC. So it was easy for her to stay at the lake house and still maintain her job, while commuting home either every weekend or every other weekend to Kentucky. As I've said before, Easy Street was very special to her. We had many conversations over the years where nothing was said, but now it's becoming more apparent as to why.

I'm confused...:innocent: She was working for Novartis in KY, living in the lake house (AL) during the week and then returning to the home in KY on the week-ends or every other week-end? Matt was still living in AL, right? Do you know if they still own the house in KY? TIA MacGyver

With regards to the items reportedly removed by Gail, this was reported to have happened about a week PRIOR to her disappearance. Link to Chattanoogan article here http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp IMO, it would be reasonable to think that Gail would have included these items (especially sentimental family jewelry), among those that were given to friends for safe-keeping.

That being said, for a local and "in-person perspective" and for the benefit of those who are only able to view the property via overhead internet pics I will share the following; their backyard "woods" as they appear online are IMO of course, a nicely sized yard with the benefit of trees at the deeply-sloping rear half. This edge of Timesville is guard-railed (for good reason). If it were not, a vehicle leaving the road would not merely drive off the road, but likely roll over a few times before landing at the rear of the properties.

When on Timesville, the rear of the houses are visible, in winter with no leaves much more so, you can see into the homes while driving down Timesville (privacy from Timesville Rd would be an issue then).

Also, just across Timesville and in the general area there is regular traffic and several homes clustered. Another mile down and around the corner there is a smaller wooded road some areas which are more isolated.

Thank you for the insight. Do you know if the property next to them (up the hill) has been developed yet--- since we don't know how old the satellite pics are on Google Maps, etc.?

The latest news story in the Free Press mentions the girlfriend by name for the first time in the MSM, so we are out of rumor territory.

She also has hired a defense attorney.

Matthew Palmgren, co-worker terminated at BlueCross

"BlueCross also cited misuse of company equipment and inappropriate email use..."

Confirmed:
  • Name: Tammy Helton, manager of government product development for BlueCross
  • She was "let go for similar reasons"
  • Her defense attorney is named David Barrow
  • Her divorce was finalized in February
  • She now lives in Batesville, Mississippi

Before Gail Palmgren disappeared, she gave several hotel invoices to a friend. They show that Matthew Palmgren paid cash for hotel rooms locally at the Double Tree and Hampton Inn. Another hotel invoice places Matthew Palmgren at a hotel in Batesville, Miss., and shows that he also paid cash there

OMG, so I looked at Batesville, MS, on the map and it is out in the middle of nowhere.

Look at the pictures on this Google map and you will see that this is about as rural and far off the beaten path as you can get.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA

I think it's clear from this why things seem to be moving slowly. This is a more widespread investigation than we first thought, and now we are talking about at least three states, maybe more.

I know the Batesville area somewhat because for years my husband used to attend family reunions in Grenada, MS, and it takes all day to drive there from Chattanooga. He would take some of our kids and his old father with him and it is quite far. Cossar State Park has a huge body of water - Enid Lake - and my kids used to swim there! Wow.

So for Gail to find a hotel receipt from there is really interesting because there's no other reason for him to go there that I can see - unless he called it a "fishing trip."

I can hardly believe there is a hotel there, except that fisherman and hunters might stay there.

I zoomed in on that map and there are three large lakes between Grenada and Batesville: Grenada Lake, Sardis Lake, and Enid Lake.

I have so many questions now!!! :waitasec:

What if Gail drove off that day to go to Mississippi to figure out where the other woman lived? What if something happened to her there? Have they contacted authorities there and searched her home? Was hubby in Mississippi during the time Gail was away or before he reported Gail missing, with the kids staying at his mother's?

I just hope they will eventually account for where this couple was during the time that Gail went missing.

It would be interesting to know if the neighbor who spotted the strange car in the neighborhood had gotten a license plate number?

Also, wonder what make/model the 'strange car' was?

Wonder when the LAST TIME the neighbor observed this 'strange car?'

Interesting that the fellow/now terminated employee of MP purchased a new car?

Yup!

Interesting developments the past day or so.

JMHO
fran

PS....I would imagine MP isn't exactly the outdoors type. You know? The type to go deep in the woods for ANYTHING. Nope, he'd most likely stick close to the roads, maybe unpaved a bit, but designated roads. fwiw.....

Wonder if Le has made any trips to any other states outside of Tn, besides AL?

The latest news story in the Free Press mentions the girlfriend by name for the first time in the MSM, so we are out of rumor territory.

She also has hired a defense attorney.

Matthew Palmgren, co-worker terminated at BlueCross

"BlueCross also cited misuse of company equipment and inappropriate email use..."

Confirmed:
  • Name: Tammy Helton, manager of government product development for BlueCross
  • She was "let go for similar reasons"
  • Her defense attorney is named David Barrow
  • Her divorce was finalized in February
  • She now lives in Batesville, Mississippi

Before Gail Palmgren disappeared, she gave several hotel invoices to a friend. They show that Matthew Palmgren paid cash for hotel rooms locally at the Double Tree and Hampton Inn. Another hotel invoice places Matthew Palmgren at a hotel in Batesville, Miss., and shows that he also paid cash there

The thing I found interesting is that why on earth would SHE need to seek out a defense attorney? Something is going on and I find it even more likely now that MP and possibly TH had something to do with Gail's disappearance.

OMG, so I looked at Batesville, MS, on the map and it is out in the middle of nowhere.

Look at the pictures on this Google map and you will see that this is about as rural and far off the beaten path as you can get.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA

I think it's clear from this why things seem to be moving slowly. This is a more widespread investigation than we first thought, and now we are talking about at least three states, maybe more.

I know the Batesville area somewhat because for years my husband used to attend family reunions in Grenada, MS, and it takes all day to drive there from Chattanooga. He would take some of our kids and his old father with him and it is quite far. Cossar State Park has a huge body of water - Enid Lake - and my kids used to swim there! Wow.

So for Gail to find a hotel receipt from there is really interesting because there's no other reason for him to go there that I can see - unless he called it a "fishing trip."

I can hardly believe there is a hotel there, except that fisherman and hunters might stay there.

I zoomed in on that map and there are three large lakes between Grenada and Batesville: Grenada Lake, Sardis Lake, and Enid Lake.

I have so many questions now!!! :waitasec:

What if Gail drove off that day to go to Mississippi to figure out where the other woman lived? What if something happened to her there? Have they contacted authorities there and searched her home? Was hubby in Mississippi during the time Gail was away or before he reported Gail missing, with the kids staying at his mother's?

I just hope they will eventually account for where this couple was during the time that Gail went missing.

Batesville is literally 45 mins from me!! I'm in Memphis and since they now have our maj. I240 Interstate connect with 385 we take the hwy 72 exit and There's the teeny tiny town of Batesville that we go thru on our way to our lakehouse In Pickwick..

Literally a hop, skip and a jump from me..

And in speaking of hotels in Batesville.. I kid you not that on our route to Pickwick on hwy 72 there is what is called the "Bates" motel.. I kid you not!!! My entire adult life we've kidded about the "Bates" motel when we pass it .. Of course from the old Psycho movies..

ETA: in Batesville I seriously doubt that u will find a "hotel" and I'd not be shocked to learn that we are talking such a teeny tiny country town that this Bates "motel" may very well likely be the only motel/hotel located in Batesville...

And in speaking of hotels in Batesville.. I kid you not that on our route to Pickwick on hwy 72 there is what is called the "Bates" motel.. I kid you not!!! My entire adult life we've kidded about the "Bates" motel when we pass it .. Of course from the old Psycho movies

Like minds think alike...........:innocent:

Thoughtfox......I brought Batesville up on Google Maps too. The first thing I saw was Sardis? Lake. Have to find out how far and what routes to get Wetumpka. BRB.

ETA: It a pretty good drive.....but direct:
[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Batesville,+MS&daddr=Wetumpka,+AL&hl=en&geocode=FUqNCwIdP4-j-ikJAK-crxyAiDE6CwPjaAQgJA%3BFQGU8AEdt4Lc-inzoLas5iaMiDG9XIdklegQpg&gl=us&mra=ls&sll=34.317211,-89.951677&sspn=0.008223,0.01369&ie=UTF8&ll=33.468108,-88.077393&spn=4.215234,7.009277&t=h&z=7"]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Batesville,+MS&daddr=Wetumpka,+AL&hl=en&geocode=FUqNCwIdP4-j-ikJAK-crxyAiDE6CwPjaAQgJA%3BFQGU8AEdt4Lc-inzoLas5iaMiDG9XIdklegQpg&gl=us&mra=ls&sll=34.317211,-89.951677&sspn=0.008223,0.01369&ie=UTF8&ll=33.468108,-88.077393&spn=4.215234,7.009277&t=h&z=7[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member