Identified! TN - Greene Co., WhtFem 264UFTN, 14-20, recent loss of pregnancy, Apr'85 - Elizabeth Lamotte

I did some searching and turned in the following:

Sondra Kay Ramber -
Name: Sondra Kay Ramber
Case Number: M9101011
Case Type: Involuntary - Non-Family Abduction
Last Seen in: Santa Fe (Galveston County)
Last Seen on: 10/26/1983
Height: 5' 5 "
Weight: 123 lbs.
Age Missing: 14
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 1/2/1969
Race: White
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Unknown

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/11/200110:54:13AM'

Name: Kathleen Laura Ranft
Case Number: M8608002
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: Sequin (Guadalupe County)
Last Seen on: 4/5/1985
Height: 5' 6 "
Weight: 130 lbs.
Name: Kathleen Laura Ranft
Case Number: M8608002
Last Seen in: Sequin (Guadalupe County)
Last Seen on: 4/5/1985
Weight: 130 lbs.
Age Missing: 29 (note that age is way off, but everything else, including dates, are very close)
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Date of Birth: 2/18/1956
Circumstances: Ms. Ranft’s vehicle was found abandoned at the “Country Cabaret”, a local nightclub. Dental information is available.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/3/20013:06:00PM'

Name: Kim Sue Leggett
Case Number: M8803022
Last Seen in: Mercedes (Hidalgo County)
Last Seen on: 10/9/1984
Weight: 110 lbs.
Age Missing: 21 (age is off a few years, but everything else fits)
Date of Birth: 12/27/1962
Circumstances: Mrs. Leggett disappeared from the Ross Cotton Gin, her place of employment, between 4:30 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. She was last seen talking to two male subjects outside. On the same date at approximately 4:45 p.m., her parents received two phone calls to the effect that their daughter had been kidnapped. Mrs. Leggett's family drove to the Ross Cotton Gin, which is owned by Mrs. Leggett's father-in-law, and found her car with her purse and keys in it.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M2/25/200211:04:11AM'

Name: Terrie Lynn Hefner
AKA: Terrie Davis
Case Number: M9812004
Case Type: Endangered
Last Seen in: Dallas (Dallas County)
Last Seen on: 4/1/1984
Height: 5' 5 "
Weight: 120 lbs.
Age Missing: 21 (age off a bit)
Eye Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 8/11/1964
Circumstances: Ms. Hefner may have a chipped front tooth and a mole on her right cheek. She may have traveled to Louisiana. (tooth and mole not mentioned on UID, but possible)
Date of Birth: 2/18/1956
Circumstances: Ms. Ranft’s vehicle was found abandoned at the “Country Cabaret”, a local nightclub. Dental information is available.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/9/20012:58:05PM'

Barb. your # 1, Sondra Kay Ramber, would fit.

Sondra’s age, height, and weight fit.(her weight gain could be due to pregnancy)
Sondra’s rounded chin, straight nose, and relatively small mouth, seem to match the clay reconstruction.

Let me Speculate on a reason for her disappearance. Sondra knew and possibly was having sex with a adult male. He either lured or forced her to leave home, then he moved her out of state. Subsaquently she became pregnant but she miscarried or had the child aborted.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=57983

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is working to identify a teenager found 23 years ago along an East Tennessee interstate. Her body was naked and badly decomposed.
"This is one of those things, if you are an agent or an investigator in law enforcement, and you have a case that you have never been able to close, that's something you live with your entire life," TBI spokesperson Kristin Helm said. "You just don't forget about that person."
For some TBI investigators, that person was a teenaged girl found on April 14, 1985 in Greene County.
A 15-year-old fishing near exit 44 on I-81 smelled something dead, then discovered the body.
"It's estimated she had been out in the elements in the springtime for three to six weeks," Helm said. "When you have a body that's that decomposed, it's difficult to identify that person."
An autopsy revealed the badly beaten girl was 15 to 17 years old, weighed about 140 lbs, and stood 5'5.
She had curly light brown to dark blonde hair and had recently been pregnant but never gave birth.

bumping for this unidentified...think was here before mods, but couldnt find, please combine is was
bluestarzz

Possible match to Greene Co UID - anyone?

Sharon Zelinski McCully
Missing since December 11, 1984 from Austin, Travis County, Texas.

• Date Of Birth: July 1, 1959
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 130 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes. She wears contact lenses.
  • Tattoos: Tattoo of a yellow and red rose on her abdomen.
  • Dentals: Available
  • Clothing: Dark blue slacks with white pin stripes, an unknown color of blouse, and white tennis shoes with red stripes.
  • AKA: Sarah
  • McCully was last seen at Howard Lane and Interstate 35. She was on a Christmas shopping trip, and had just left her husband after a lunch date. Her Volkswagen was seen on Bee Cave Road that day, and in the area where Barton Creek Square is now located. It was found at an apartment complex on Research Boulevard. She was a nurse with hopes of going to medical school.
    A resident told police she saw a woman fitting McCully's description getting out of the car with a man, but the tip didn't develop. Fingerprints were found on her car but there hasn't been enough physical evidence to link anyone ot the crime.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1114dftx.html

Attachments

• McCully-264UFTN.jpg
    McCully-264UFTN.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 72
Thanks. How tragic, what a short life. I will search for her on doe network.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/264uftn.html More pictures at this link including reconstruction (kinda creepy looking if you ask me).

Top Row : Reconstruction of Victim
Bottom Row : Reconstructions of Victim by Joanna J. Hughes

Unidentified White Female

Found on April 14, 1985 in rural Greene County, Tennessee.
Cause of death is trauma to the head.
Estimated time of death is 3 to 6 weeks.
Decomposed Remains

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15 - 20 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"-5'6" (66.5" est)(165-168 cm); 130 - 140 lbs. (59-64 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light Brown or dark blonde hair with reddish tints, shoulder length. Silvery pink nail polish.
Clothing: No clothing or jewelry was found with the victim.
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Available, She had a slight overbite.
DNA: Available - University North Texas
Other: She was approximately 6 weeks pregnant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The victim was located beside southbound Jeraldstown exit to I-81 in rural Greene County in April 1985, by a 15 year old fishing near exit 44. The body was found approximately 58 feet off the southbound Exit 44 entrance ramp. She was badly beaten. There was no physical evidence at the scene.

At the time, there were several women found dead along the nation's busy highways. The crimes were dubbed the red-headed murders. They were thought to be the work of a truck driver. It is not confirmed if this girl was one of them.

Sides by side

Attachments

• doe.jpg
    doe.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 134
Sides by side

I think the face shape of the doe is longer and thinner, but OH MY LAND what a beautiful girl the candidate is!!!

I would be looking at the last relative to see her or the step dad but perhaps that is the hinkey meter in me....that is one long bus ride, and OK to Louisiana to Mexico??? For a camping trip??

Okay Ill look again when I have time... I've looked through most of the southern states and very few missing women in that time period, all are either past 30 or african american. This young lady is the most likely that I saw.

I saw her but didn't think she looked like the UID at all. I thought the one I found really did but does anyone else think she did? The side by side?

since she was found close to an interstate highway and might have been traveling with a trucker, I suppose she could be form anywhere *sigh*

this will take some real digging!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back