TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The brother to the best of our knowledge did not actually use the word grabbed, that was a misstatement on the part of LE, later corrected by LE.
Sounds of a struggle might not have been heard in the house, and I have had a lot of wounds that have caused me to be literally dripping blood, not all have made me cry out. As for the lunch box, I see nothing odd, she was going to school she'd be there a while, she packed a lunch.
The AA does strike me as odd, but we just don't know why it was issued in this case.

We are not other boards, the brother has not been named as a suspect, and therefore, we cannot discuss him as such, therefore I did not quote your post, as it will likely be removed or edited.

It has crossed my mind that the Amber Alert was issued because someone - who fit the profile - who investigators and family agree knew Holly and may have some motive to abduct her - has actually gone missing from the area.

They are looking for a car...by recent reports...

Do they have someone in mind? If so, the AA makes sense...

They may have felt that the AA was warranted b/c a potential suspect was missing - and they did not want to miss the AA exposure if they believed he may have taken Holly out of state....

:cow:

I doubt the perp in this case is the same one who murdered Morgan Harrington, because Harrington's killer was a black guy. Based on photos of Holly Bobo with her boyfriend, a white guy, if her brother thought the perp was her boyfriend, then he's probably white.

I've been trying to use Google to come up with a description of the guy who attempted to abduct Sullivan, but I can't find anything. Did the police or anyone actually care? Did they actually think it would be his final attempt?

It reminds me of how police in North Carolina didn't arrest a guy who climbed up to my sister's third floor balcony and broke into her apartment around midnight one night. I only wonder how many women that guy has raped and/or murdered since getting away with blatantly breaking in like that.

Law enforcement needs to be proactive instead of waiting and then reacting only after someone is dead or missing.

Although they did not show the interview with HS (other victim from Centerville) NG tonight did have a recap and she said it was a white male. I can't remember if they gave a description of HS's atatcker, but the description that flashed on the screen tonight was White male, 5'10-6'0, 180-200lbs, I believe.

If the brother wears contacts that would make a lot of sense to me. I could see how he could be in the shower and not hear a startled scream. I could see how he could get out of the shower and not have his contacts in yet, and see through a window enough to know it was holly and a guy in camo and not more detail and just assume it was the boyfriend and keep going about his business....put in his contacts, get dressed, brush his teeth, grab his wallet, etc. and then he walks out the door and sees blood, sees her car is still there and puts it together....it's just not that implausable to me.

I doubt the perp in this case is the same one who murdered Morgan Harrington, because Harrington's killer was a black guy. Based on photos of Holly Bobo with her boyfriend, a white guy, if her brother thought the perp was her boyfriend, then he's probably white.

I've been trying to use Google to come up with a description of the guy who attempted to abduct Sullivan, but I can't find anything. Did the police or anyone actually care? Did they actually think it would be his final attempt?

It reminds me of how police in North Carolina didn't arrest a guy who climbed up to my sister's third floor balcony and broke into her apartment around midnight one night. I only wonder how many women that guy has raped and/or murdered since getting away with blatantly breaking in like that.

Law enforcement needs to be proactive instead of waiting and then reacting only after someone is dead or missing.

BBM

I did not know we knew the race of Morgan's killer. Is there a profile for Morgan's killer? Do you have a link? I went and looked but this is all I found... and article that suggests a link to another crime. But the article does not explain the forensic link between the cases... TIA!

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/07/morgan_harrington_murder_foren.php

If they are looking for a certain person, they need the public's help...no point in calling it an Amber Alert if there is no info to go along with it. I really don't think they have a suspect.

BBM

I did not know we knew the race of Morgan's killer. Is there a profile for Morgan's killer? Do you have a link? I went and looked but this is all I found... and article that suggests a link to another crime. But the article does not explain the forensic link between the cases... TIA!

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/07/morgan_harrington_murder_foren.php

There is a composite drawing somewhere, of a dark-skinned man. They may know his race from the DNA if they did one of those genetic profiles. Not sure if they said AA specifically.

She was last seen wearing a pink t-shirt, blue jeans, and tennis shoes.
http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsou...il-held-for-holly-bobo-in-decatur-county.html
I must be going insane from lack of sleep. I swear I remember an initial description of either flip-flops or sandals, but then I think back to the only few weeks of actal medical training I've had, (5 weeks physicians assistant training), and I know that we ALWAYS had to wear our sparkling white "nurse shoes", so it must have been tennies. Am I going nuts or was there a report that said flip flops?

ETA: Guess not, cuz everything I see now says sneakers or tennis shoes...It's official, I'm crazy.

IMO this isn't this guys first rodeo in the woods. He has graduated from hunting the perfect deer to hunting the perfect girl. This is a scary thought. At first I thought it was someone she knew but now I am not so sure. I am praying he slipped up or slips up and that someone remembers something they saw over the last several weeks. He has to have stopped for gas, a drink, or some vienna sausages while planning this out.

On NG there was something about footprints by the tree stand. I think he has been there numerous mornings watching and waiting. Someone has seen him and they just aren't connecting it. Hunting gear isn't cheap. So he either works or his parents are still supplying him with things. So many people in the area could fit the bill.

The thing that keeps coming to my mind is that the times I have gone with my husband hunting, we always stop at some convenience or country store for something either before, during or after. I hope they question all the store operators all around the area. And sporting goods store operators - question them too. He could shop online. Can they ask the fed ex, ups, usps about packages from sporting goods stores?

There is a composite drawing somewhere, of a dark-skinned man. They may know his race from the DNA if they did one of those genetic profiles. Not sure if they said AA specifically.

I found a composite on Morgan's thread. It looks more to be a theory than a forensic link, however...

If they are looking for a certain person, they need the public's help...no point in calling it an Amber Alert if there is no info to go along with it. I really don't think they have a suspect.

Clu, I also don't like all the broad angles they seem to be trying to cover.

I mean, I like that they are covering them ... but to me the broad approach could mean what you've indicated...that LE has not narrowed the suspects as much as we'd like...

Perhaps on Friday after the "regrouping" things will feel more focused...

BBM. The point is, it's not normal to go for a walk in the woods with your lunch bag and purse and cell when you have to get to school for an exam.

Holly was packed for the day. It's obvious she was forced to walk to the woods. It's actually not difficult to imagine that she was forced to walk with the gear she left her home with...packed for her day, lunch included.

Respectfully, it's unlikely that this was an impromputu 7:30 am stroll in the woods. It's never been characterized as such by investigators. Rather, LE has repeatedly stated that they believe Holly walked under duress and by force.

If you read here a bit more, you will learn from people who live in the area that this time of the year, there's as many gentleman roaming the woods in camouflage at 7 AM then there are driving the highways.

It's turkey season.

I didn't realize what that meant at first. I do now thanks to the local input here.

Your self-assessment - "I guess I'm very ignorant of the mores in certain parts of the country" - could be accurate. But that sort of ignorance is really inexperience - and an ignorance one can conquer, if indeed, one is open minded enough to learn. :cow:

You bring up a good point here. If the perp struck or injured Holly under the carport drawing blood, seems she would have dropped her items right there. This makes me think the blood might not have been hers if she did not drop a single item in that area. But it also seems you would drop items if someone snuck up and scared you....

You bring up a good point here. If the perp struck or injured Holly under the carport drawing blood, seems she would have dropped her items right there. This makes me think the blood might not have been hers if she did not drop a single item in that area. But it also seems you would drop items if someone snuck up and scared you....

Dumb question. What if she did drop them, and the perp grabbed them and handed them back, hoping to buy more time before the initial report. For instance, if he didn't know the brother was there, he might have feared one of the parents coming home for lunch, and thinking that they might otherwise assume her car was dead and she hitched a ride with a friend, he wanted the immediate evidence picked up. Or she might have been on autopilot, just walking, doing as she was told.

Or, theory I've been kicking around, especially if there were flecks of blood...maybe she used her nails to cut herself, so that there would be a trail of which way they went and she used the lunch pail to cover the wound so he wouldn't catch on.

IMO she was walking to the car - ready for school - when accosted. He then forced her to go with him - with all of her stuff.

Guessing there was a struggle where someone was cut slightly and bled in the area where she was accosted. Not enough of an injury to make her drop her bag.

IMO Holly was in shock and just did what she was told - was not even aware she was still carrying the bag slung over her shoulder...

JMHO

Just a thought from another view, If I was going to obduct someone who had car keys in her hand, I would take her car, not go on foot so I think he either intended local harm (in the woods) or had a vehicle close by.

Surely there aren't two different guys who would try to kidnap women in their parking lots with relatives home. It almost has to be the same goofball running around doing these.

BBM. The point is, it's not normal to go for a walk in the woods with your lunch bag and purse and cell when you have to get to school for an exam.

Holly was packed for the day. It's obvious she was forced to walk to the woods. It's actually not difficult to imagine that she was forced to walk with the gear she left her home with...packed for her day, lunch included.

Respectfully, it's unlikely that this was an impromputu 7:30 am stroll in the woods. It's never been characterized as such by investigators. Rather, LE has repeatedly stated that they believe Holly walked under duress and by force.

If you read here a bit more, you will learn from people who live in the area that this time of the year, there's as many gentleman roaming the woods in camouflage at 7 AM then there are driving the highways.

It's turkey season.

I didn't realize what that meant at first. I do now thanks to the local input here.

Your self-assessment - "I guess I'm very ignorant of the mores in certain parts of the country" - could be accurate. But that sort of ignorance is really inexperience - and an ignorance one can conquer, if indeed, one is open minded enough to learn. :cow:

If it's "not normal" (which I agree with), then the person that sees her in that state should be alarmed and not dismissive.

I wonder when Holly screamed. If it was someone she knew who was standing in her carport then she may have been caught off guard, but not enough to scream so loud that a rural neighbor could hear. Was it when the bleeding occurred? If so, would the lunch bag and any other items, like books, not be dropped at the time of the scream...just out of self defense and reflex? I wonder if there was blood on the lunch bag. It would seems likely if either Holly or the abductor bled enough for the brother to notice it in the carport and grass area. I'm sure the lunch bag is being tested. Does the blood in the carport and grass area match any findings on the lunch bag?

If items were indeed 'dropped' in an attack...it's possible the 'attacker' forced her to retrieve items or picked them up himself to avoid leaving behind unnecessary scattered evidence...

When I walk out to my car I have the keys in my hand, could she of stabed him with a key as he went to attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member