TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has known ties (links I posted) to AZ and LA.. however.. after his crime his car was found 200 miles away. He is a mover.. no one knows where he is and he is known to change his identitiy. It is very possible imhoo that this guy could try to blend into any remote area and take up work. His work is in the health care industry.

nursebeeme,

If he killed his family 10 years ago and has been on the run ever since ... why do you think he's the type that would go after Holly? Even if he knew her - motive would be what? Do you think she found out about him or something? Or is he a suspect on similar abductions?

Jo in Calif...I have no context for that item??? Doesn't look like duct tape, but doesn't look like much of anything to me unfortunately. I was curious to see what others might think it looked like.

I know the image of the duct tape has been posted, I have no idea how to find it, but I bet someone on here does.
I remember it being on a brown, bark or leafy spot, with the bright green grass beside it.

Nurse, did you notice on AMW's website "possible locations" for RWF. Grand Isle, LA. Not too far away from Tennessee.

I have changed my position today, from alive to not alive.

I held out that it was a known-to-her obsessed stalker, one who 'got in over his head' during the abduction and its aftermath, and who secreted her away to some cabin somewhere, with intent to ???

Now I feel, with so many days gone by, with the 'suspension' (per LE) of all volunteers until further call, and LE's conflicting and confusing statements and lack of information to the public, that the 'rush' of rescue has diminished.

Just a feeling, at least for tonight.

Tomorrow??? :confused:

nursebeeme,

If he killed his family 10 years ago and has been on the run ever since ... why do you think he's the type that would go after Holly? Even if he knew her - motive would be what? Do you think she found out about him or something? Or is he a suspect on similar abductions?

I live in AZ and I remember when it all happened. I really don't think he's the type who would abduct someone. While he may have the right qualifications (hunting, outdoorsman, etc), I see him as more of a loner, who was trying to escape his life and marriage. It was such a tragedy and I'll never look at my hot water heater the same again (he tampered with his, which blew up his home). Just my two cents...

Haven't been able to read the whole thread. Has this been posted yet?

Investigators are considering cases involving at least four women who were abducted back to 1980.
In 1980, two teenage girls walked to a store in Dover. They bought their items, began the one-mile walk home and were not seen again.
Six weeks later, 14-year-old Carla Atkins and 16-year-old Vicky Stout were found dead. They had been executed in a remote area of Land Between the Lakes.
Thirty years later, the crime is still unsolved. Abner Vires was the deputy who found the bodies. Now retired, 73-year-old Vires still can't let it go.
"I feel like I had a job at that time to do," he said. "It was just one of them things that stayed on my mind and just couldn't get it gone."
In Dickson County in 1987, 18-year-old Leanne Greene and her brother ran out of gas. Her brother jogged to a gas station. He returned 8 1/2 minutes later to find his sister gone. She's still missing.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42807764/ns/local_news-nashville_tn/

I guess I'll give this another try. I am new here - please be patient with me.

Last fall, I moved to Tennessee from a town way north of Chicago. I currently live in a town just north of Parsons. I go to Decatur to pay my water bill. It is VERY, VERY rural out here. Up until two weeks ago, the only thing I was fearful of encountering out here was snakes.

I've been thinking that I don't have a clue what's lurking on my 5 1/2 acres. Yes indeed, somebody could be living in my little forest or have dumped a body, and I WOULDN'T HAVE A CLUE! The terrain here, coupled with the recent storms (BAD STORMS) - it doesn't surprise me at all that they've called off the volunteer searches. I'm not at all certain that you can read anything else into it at this point.

Now, my "sleuthing questions"...It's bothered me that Holly was still carrying her lunch bag/box into the woods with her. WHAT IF she was getting ready to get into the car, and a man approached her from the woods with blood on his hands, telling her that his friend was hurt - possibly a hunting accident. Being a nursing student, I am sure Holly has a very warm and caring heart and would want to help. IF she had her cell phone and possibly some medical supplies in that same Lunch bag/box, it would make sense for her to be carrying it with her. In fact, that's the ONLY reason it would make sense to me.

Second question - It seems that the initial volunteer searches began many miles from the Bobo home, and didn't search the immediate vicinity of the home until the last couple days of the search. Is that correct? If so, WHY?

Also - just to put this out there...Since I've been here, I haven't heard anything about corrupt law enforcement officials, out of control drugs in that area, uppity people thinking they're above the law, etc. That doesn't mean those things don't exist, just that I've never heard anything at all like that. The people down here are pretty much represented by the people you see on their hands and knees searching.

That's about it for now - thank you for having me!

I live in AZ and I remember when it all happened. I really don't think he's the type who would abduct someone. While he may have the right qualifications (hunting, outdoorsman, etc), I see him as more of a loner, who was trying to escape his life and marriage. It was such a tragedy and I'll never look at my hot water heater the same again (he tampered with his, which blew up his home). Just my two cents...

Thanks asbdesigns.

Wow.

Bad, bad guy.

I can think of a more efficient (and less selfish) way to escape your life and marriage.

Even loners have physical needs - he obviously has a madhatter in the attic, but since he hasn't been caught we can't say what direction he would take at this point in his life.

If the abductor wanted to keep LE looking local while he took Holly out of the area to do whatever he did to her, he did a good job of that by scattering her belongings in and around town.

I just can't help feeling he got out of the area fairly quickly, probably as the search parties were just gathering, and that if Holly is not alive, she was abandoned someplace miles away from Parsons.

All of those other TN cases are depressing; many are never found, it seems.

Even loners have physical needs - he obviously has a madhatter in the attic, but since he hasn't been caught we can't say what direction he would take at this point in his life.

No doubt. I just think that if he's gotten away with murdering his entire family for this long, why would he take the risk of kidnapping someone for sex? There are other ways to get it... MOO. But, then, I'm thinking like a normal person and not a murderer...sigh...

I guess I'll give this another try. I am new here - please be patient with me.

Last fall, I moved to Tennessee from a town way north of Chicago. I currently live in a town just north of Parsons. I go to Decatur to pay my water bill. It is VERY, VERY rural out here. Up until two weeks ago, the only thing I was fearful of encountering out here was snakes.

I've been thinking that I don't have a clue what's lurking on my 5 1/2 acres. Yes indeed, somebody could be living in my little forest or have dumped a body, and I WOULDN'T HAVE A CLUE! The terrain here, coupled with the recent storms (BAD STORMS) - it doesn't surprise me at all that they've called off the volunteer searches. I'm not at all certain that you can read anything else into it at this point.

Now, my "sleuthing questions"...It's bothered me that Holly was still carrying her lunch bag/box into the woods with her. WHAT IF she was getting ready to get into the car, and a man approached her from the woods with blood on his hands, telling her that his friend was hurt - possibly a hunting accident. Being a nursing student, I am sure Holly has a very warm and caring heart and would want to help. IF she had her cell phone and possibly some medical supplies in that same Lunch bag/box, it would make sense for her to be carrying it with her. In fact, that's the ONLY reason it would make sense to me.

Second question - It seems that the initial volunteer searches began many miles from the Bobo home, and didn't search the immediate vicinity of the home until the last couple days of the search. Is that correct? If so, WHY?

Also - just to put this out there...Since I've been here, I haven't heard anything about corrupt law enforcement officials, out of control drugs in that area, uppity people thinking they're above the law, etc. That doesn't mean those things don't exist, just that I've never heard anything at all like that. The people down here are pretty much represented by the people you see on their hands and knees searching.

That's about it for now - thank you for having me!

:wagon:

Thanks for posting HappyBonnie!

The cell phone has always troubled me b/c I am certain her family called it a million times & probably before they called 911.

If it was tossed close to town ... <Easter Find> ... I can't help thinking that is where the get-a-way vehicle was when her mama was calling her trying to see where she was...

I don't know if they could have found that location to search via cell pings...but ...

The lunch box in a creek - I am still thinking about that. I like to think she may have walked into the woods under duress via the creek, and she was smart enough to drop it.

:cow:

& welcome aboard!

hope you are enjoying your new home... BE SAFE!

nursebeeme,

are you asking for my speculation? because that is all I could give. the facts I gave in my earlier post

((((caveat: I am not sure it is him... I am so skeered to extrapolate further and make this into something it is NOT.. but after the msm article today I just had to give some voice to my concerns on the possibility of a "roaming perp" even if they have embeded themselves for awhile in the community))))

I know the image of the duct tape has been posted, I have no idea how to find it, but I bet someone on here does.
I remember it being on a brown, bark or leafy spot, with the bright green grass beside it.

I think you're right...>imagecomparision.jpg<

Thanks that gives me a much better and more interresting picture to look at.

BTW...you find some strange stuff when you go around on the internet searching for pictures of "duct tape"
>ducttapechild.jpg<

Attachments

• imagecomparison.jpg
    imagecomparison.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 23
  • ducttapechild.jpg
    ducttapechild.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 26
are you asking for my speculation? because that is all I could give. the facts I gave in my earlier post

((((caveat: I am not sure it is him... I am so skeered to extrapolate further and make this into something it is NOT.. but after the msm article today I just had to give some voice to my concerns on the possibility of a "roaming perp" even if they have embeded themselves for awhile in the community))))

lol, no, I thought maybe you had more on him...like a trail of other coincidences they linked him to... he's an evil dude, nursie. Maybe it's just time for him to be on the top of the list. Osama's got him beat, though. Maybe...

nursie - Just remembered they have forensic back now. Have put anything they've got through data bases. gosh. I just thought of that relative to both of them being at the top of the most wanteds. It is a little spooky, that.

lol, no, I thought maybe you had more on him...like a trail of other coincidences they linked him to... he's an evil dude, nursie. Maybe it's just time for him to be on the top of the list. Osama's got him beat, though. Maybe...
on the same day the fbi posted their flier/facebook post?

coinciedence he moved from the bottom row to top face?

(((guess I have been looking at the list for too many days but it just changed today... most likely means nothing))))

and yes he is a BAAAAD MAAAAN!

nursie - Just remembered they have forensic back now. Have put anything they've got through data bases. gosh. I just thought of that relative to both of them being at the top of the most wanteds. It is a little spooky, that.

me too Peely! why????

I am sure if I "ask" I will be given a canned answer so not even worth it...

I also wonder if her cell was on silent or vibe if she was able to get any messages off to family surrepticiously...

just a little aside question:

what if print marks matched this absconded fbi most wanted guy and they haven't been able to find him for 10 years...

would they:
1)put out the public warning
or
2)move him to the top spot on the list and make a facebook posting and flier?
3)both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member