TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was everyone's reaction to the release of Holly's photo without makeup?

I'm somewhat confused as to what the purpose was. I did not see a significant change in her appearance except for her hair being up versus down. I understand the truck campaign and thought it was an excellent idea but why a photo of her without makeup for truckers? Why didn't they include the photo on her flyer? Thoughts?

campaign-for-truckers-to-help-bring-missing-holly-bobo-home-21531593.jpg

No make up

8d5c503eb55995e078510c2e6b6e3f2c.JPG

I think they did that thinking if the kidnapper was traveling with her he might not let her put makeup on and she does look younger without the makeup so might try to pass her off as his daughter. (If he is older).

I have been reading different message boards, a few that say they are from Parsons or a neighboring town. Some say they knew some of the people whose names are being tossed around as POIs. These are very small towns, tight-knit communities. What really bothers me is that even these residents don't seem to be able to put anything in perceptive other than bashing each other. Surely someone, more likely more than one person, knows who had a grudge or motive to take Holly. Why aren't they coming forward? What or who are they afraid of?? Retaliation...or are they being paid to keep quiet? There is a large reward that hasn't been claimed.

People might be calling in tips. We don't know one way or another. Offering a reward doesn't help if no one knows anything. That could be the case.

Take a look at the Celina Cass case on Ws. Less than 1,000 people in the town and all have been interviewed and no leads. They found her body and don't even know for sure it was murder....just "suspicious". Lots of POI's and nothing coming from LE.
(Still waiting Tox reports)

I doubt that anyone is being paid to keep quiet. This is a well planned abduction and would have been perfect with no clues if CB had not been home and if Holly had not screamed. Imo it was one person who stalked and abducted Holly. No conspiracy, no town people involved. If the family seems guarded and nervous its because they are scared to death. Wouldn't we be?

She would have vanished without a single trace except her car being left at home.

jmo

What was everyone's reaction to the release of Holly's photo without makeup?

I'm somewhat confused as to what the purpose was. I did not see a significant change in her appearance except for her hair being up versus down. I understand the truck campaign and thought it was an excellent idea but why a photo of her without makeup for truckers? Why didn't they include the photo on her flyer? Thoughts?

campaign-for-truckers-to-help-bring-missing-holly-bobo-home-21531593.jpg

No make up

8d5c503eb55995e078510c2e6b6e3f2c.JPG

If the pic at the bottom is the one you are referring to, she does have makeup on. You can see the dark eyeliner around her eyes, especially the lower lids. Looks like she may have some mascara on as well.

I think they did that thinking if the kidnapper was traveling with her he might not let her put makeup on and she does look younger without the makeup so might try to pass her off as his daughter. (If he is older).

I think there is also a very big "truck stop" off I-40 near her home. Didn't they also find some evidence in and around that "Stop"?:waitasec:

I have been reading different message boards, a few that say they are from Parsons or a neighboring town. Some say they knew some of the people whose names are being tossed around as POIs. These are very small towns, tight-knit communities. What really bothers me is that even these residents don't seem to be able to put anything in perceptive other than bashing each other. Surely someone, more likely more than one person, knows who had a grudge or motive to take Holly. Why aren't they coming forward? What or who are they afraid of?? Retaliation...or are they being paid to keep quiet? There is a large reward that hasn't been claimed.

If you add up all the posters claiming to be locals on those boards you get the population of Manhattan. And, all they do is bash each other whether or not they are talking about crime or sports.

I think there is also a very big "truck stop" off I-40 near her home. Didn't they also find some evidence in and around that "Stop"?:waitasec:

Exit 126 off 40 does have a truck stop. Continue further down rt 69 and 412.
I think this is a (reverse) plausible direction of travel.

Easter, Memorial Day, 4th-of July, and now in few days Labor Day..... so sad, so sad!

Easter, Memorial Day, 4th-of July, and now in few days Labor Day..... so sad, so sad!

Yes and I was SO certain they would find her, or solve the case, within a few weeks...but now I hope its within months, or the year. OT, but that is the thing I like about the missing forum discussion, as opposed to crimes in the news and other sections on the board, because, no matter how much time passes, you can still remain hopeful for a positive outcome! Especially after Jaycee and Emily....and while I know those cases are few and far between, its still enough to remain hopeful!

If the pic at the bottom is the one you are referring to, she does have makeup on. You can see the dark eyeliner around her eyes, especially the lower lids. Looks like she may have some mascara on as well.

I agree and it had me :waitasec: when it was released to show Holly without makeup according to her family

I think that rewared is still there because there is no info and im sure its not from lack of trying That is alot of money for many in that little town.

I also think they would rather put the blame on anyone but someone in the family!
No one wants to think a family member could be responsible for this crime
but its very possible we see it all the time. Esp witht he lack of any info comming out at all.... The silence says alot! JMO

I agree and it had me :waitasec: when it was released to show Holly without makeup according to her family

I agree i didnt understand putting that pic on trucks and i was baffled by the paragliders. I thought they would organize searches or something like that.

Searchers on foot!

Please instruct me if this has been answered before, but have they released where Holly's cell phone was discovered and from which locations she had made calls to and from during the days just before her abduction. It seems as if Holly's mother said on JLV that LE had not disclosed that information to them, but that has been some time ago. Any recent word?

Please instruct me if this has been answered before, but have they released where Holly's cell phone was discovered and from which locations she had made calls to and from during the days just before her abduction. It seems as if Holly's mother said on JLV that LE had not disclosed that information to them, but that has been some time ago. Any recent word?

No one has ever admitted that the phone was found at all...and her parents said (on JVM) that they do not know for sure if her phone was found, much less where.

No one has ever admitted that the phone was found at all...and her parents said (on JVM) that they do not know for sure if her phone was found, much less where.

As curious as we are about what they found, it would be maddening as parents not to be given that information. I know in the past LE says they can't release information that is pertinent to the case as it might interfere with the investigation but it seems the parents are entitled unless LE has a reason for not wanting the family to know.

As curious as we are about what they found, it would be maddening as parents not to be given that information. I know in the past LE says they can't release information that is pertinent to the case as it might interfere with the investigation but it seems the parents are entitled unless LE has a reason for not wanting the family to know.

I can't think of a reason why the parents could not know, and even say, a simple thing such as yes, her phone was found. Period. Not that they need to know, perhaps, what was on it, or where it was found.

But them not even being able to learn such a basic fact is one of the things that makes me feel LE has not been able to get past the immediate family and consider only those outside of the family as potential suspects. This may not be LE's train of thought-it could be a mere power play, I'm LE and you're not-which seems to suit the mentality of this LE, IMO...

I don't think we know that LE has not discussed this- and other issues surrounding Holly's abduction- with Holly's parents. :waitasec:

How do we know this as fact?

I don't think we know that LE has not discussed this- and other issues surrounding Holly's abduction- with Holly's parents. :waitasec:

How do we know this as fact?

So you think the family lied? Why don't they say we have been advised we can not share what information we know.

I agree i didnt understand putting that pic on trucks and i was baffled by the paragliders. I thought they would organize searches or something like that.

Searchers on foot!

Hmm.
I'm pretty certain they put Holly's info out there- both on trucks and in mailings and posters- because they think it might help in finding her.

Searches on foot have been, and continue to be, conducted.

So you think the family lied? Why don't they say we have been advised we can not share what information we know.

No, I do not think the family has lied.

I think the Bobo family is suffering horribly, and has been thrown into a nightmare that they never thought of- much less that it would exist it their world.
And I think they are trying to learn a whole new language, that they never thought they would have to speak.

No, I do not think the family has lied.

I think the Bobo family is suffering horribly, and has been thrown into a nightmare that they never thought of- much less that it would exist it their world.
And I think they are trying to learn a whole new language, that they never thought they would have to speak.

The family has stated that LE is not sharing about what they know and have found. You said how do we know LE is not giving them information. If this is true then rather than deny they know, it would be more truthful if the family simply said, "So as not to hinder the investigation we have been advised not to release what we know to the media."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea