TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, but I got the impression from mom, at least, that LE is not sharing anything with them, not telling them anything and has them so frsutrated that they want to reach out to the president...

To me, this does not reflect the feelings of a family working closely with LE...

The family has stated that LE is not sharing about what they know and have found. You said how do we know LE is not giving them information. If this is true then rather than deny they know, it would be more truthful if the family simply said, "So as not to hinder the investigation we have been advised not to release what we know to the media."

Respectfully- it is very difficult for families of missing persons to instinctively know what to say to media while in the midst of crisis.

That does not mean that LE has not discussed their particular case with them.

Are you speaking hypothetically or do you have an idea who this person might be? Are you a local? Why would you think he plays paintball with members of LE?

No, I’m not a local.

I am working on a profile of the perp, though.

Because I believe the perp is a local and/or has ties to Parsons, the chances of him knowing someone(s) in local LE is high, IMO. The chances of him having gone to school with someone in local LE is pretty good as well. So, I have come to a conclusion that the perp has a friend or friends in local LE. Since I believe the perp is a hunter, this would indicate to me he enjoys socializing outdoors, as in playing paintball or something like that, with his friends (who could be members of local LE).

My profile of the perp is ongoing and subject to change.

MO

When you're from a small town, and plan on staying in the small town, there is no amount of money that is going to cause you to give information that would jeopardize you or your family.

LE absolutely does not have an obligation to keep the family updated on their investigation. Anything they tell them is usually for the purpose of keeping them calm and cooperative. If the family demands to know where the investigation is at any point, they may give them a few details, usually very minor, just to placate them, but for the most part, it's better for them not to know so that they won't have the problem of telling the media that they can't discuss the details publicly just yet.
Has the family been asked if Holly's phone was found, and they lied? Or have they just said they didn't know, or that they couldn't discuss it?
And why is it important to us to know if they found it? Whoever she talked to or texted with in the hours leading up to the abduction may not have any bearing on her disappearance whatsoever. In fact, there would be a pretty slim chance that she communicated with her abductor by phone just prior to her disappearance at all. Or the phone could have been destroyed making it impossible to get anything from it. Whichever, I can't see that information as benefiting anyone at this point.

LE absolutely does not have an obligation to keep the family updated on their investigation. Anything they tell them is usually for the purpose of keeping them calm and cooperative. If the family demands to know where the investigation is at any point, they may give them a few details, usually very minor, just to placate them, but for the most part, it's better for them not to know so that they won't have the problem of telling the media that they can't discuss the details publicly just yet.
Has the family been asked if Holly's phone was found, and they lied? Or have they just said they didn't know, or that they couldn't discuss it?
And why is it important to us to know if they found it? Whoever she talked to or texted with in the hours leading up to the abduction may not have any bearing on her disappearance whatsoever. In fact, there would be a pretty slim chance that she communicated with her abductor by phone just prior to her disappearance at all. Or the phone could have been destroyed making it impossible to get anything from it. Whichever, I can't see that information as benefiting anyone at this point.

It's not important whether it was found or not, as far as me knowing. Her mom made it clear LE would not tell them, on JVM. That leads me to think LE is not sharing with the family the most basic things, that's all. I know they don't have to, but if the family is talking about presidents, etc...then clearly they are frustrated and don't feel they are getting what they need from LE.

It benefits us to have as much information as possible for the sake of sleuthing. Of course, LE isn't obligated to tell the public...but I would be ballistic without knowing, if Holly was my child. My own teenage child was missing for several days about 7 years ago...and I didn't even ask for info, LE just gave it. Not only that, but I personally got the phone company to release my son's cell records (even though he had just turned 18) which I then turned over to LE...and then I proceeded to call every number on that phone record.

I realize that all cases are different.....but I can't really imagine not sharing things with the family unless there is someone within the family who is suspicious. I don't believe that is the case with Holly's family. I just can't figure out why investigators don't lay out the case to the parents.

It benefits us to have as much information as possible for the sake of sleuthing. Of course, LE isn't obligated to tell the public...but I would be ballistic without knowing, if Holly was my child. My own teenage child was missing for several days about 7 years ago...and I didn't even ask for info, LE just gave it. Not only that, but I personally got the phone company to release my son's cell records (even though he had just turned 18) which I then turned over to LE...and then I proceeded to call every number on that phone record.

I realize that all cases are different.....but I can't really imagine not sharing things with the family unless there is someone within the family who is suspicious. I don't believe that is the case with Holly's family. I just can't figure out why investigators don't lay out the case to the parents.

If they tell the parents and the parents tell their family, son, sisters, brothers, parents, confides in their best friend, and each of them tells their family and one person, and so on and so forth then you have everyone knowing what no one really needs to know.

If they tell the parents and the parents tell their family, son, sisters, brothers, parents, confides in their best friend, and each of them tells their family and one person, and so on and so forth then you have everyone knowing what no one really needs to know.

That's all well and good, assuming LE knows anything, but maybe it would lead to a break...

Hmm.N
I'm pretty certain they put Holly's info out there- both on trucks and in mailings and posters- because they think it might help in finding her.

Searches on foot have been, and continue to be, conductedationl .

Thats not what i meant!
I think going on national TV would have helped more then putting her pic on Trucks! They were not talking to the media when they did this...
Get her face on TV ... We never see her on TV Why? National TV covers more
areas then Trucks! Just a thought!

When you're from a small town, and plan on staying in the small town, there is no amount of money that is going to cause you to give information that would jeopardize you or your family.

Im sorry i dont believe that!
PPL that dont have money will talk. 80 grand is alot of money.
It is also anon. So whats to stop anyonne?

I just think No one in that town knows anything!

Thats not what i meant!
I think going on national TV would have helped more then putting her pic on Trucks! They were not talking to the media when they did this...
Get her face on TV ... We never see her on TV Why? National TV covers more
areas then Trucks! Just a thought!

What's wrong with both?

That's all well and good, assuming LE knows anything, but maybe it would lead to a break...

I agree some information could lead to a break and some could compromise the case. That is assuming LE has any information past what we already know.............

Im sorry i dont believe that!
PPL that dont have money will talk. 80 grand is alot of money.
It is also anon. So whats to stop anyonne?

I just think No one in that town knows anything!

I wouldn't have believed it either...until I moved to a small town.

Nothing really I just thought television would be more usefull.

You never see Hollys photo on Television!

Why wont Nancy Grace touch this?

I know what you mean. Media only shows the latest news then forgets it or picks one case and tells the same story for months. No real investigative reporting. Get it off the wires and rerun it forever.

Anyone but Nancy Grace imo! (However if it gets Holly's face out there she'll do) :loser:

I wouldn't have believed it either...until I moved to a small town.

I came from a small town and i do not see why someone wouldnt go for the reward if they had info! Nothing wrong with that esp if it was anon no one would be the wiser. And as you read about the ppl in the town they are not all buddy buddy!

I know what you mean. Media only shows the latest news then forgets it or picks one case and tells the same story for months. No real investigative reporting. Get it off the wires and rerun it forever.

Anyone but Nancy Grace imo! (However if it gets Holly's face out there she'll do) :loser:

Well i am not a big fan of NG but i will say she does make you very aware of missing persons!

but NG would make minced meat out of the family if they went on her show!
JMO

NG will only deal with an "old" case like this one if there is some juicy new news...she does not beat the drum for those who just remain missing, sadly...she only gave Kyron as much time as she did last year because of TH's sexting...
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member