TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

A reporter on ActionNews5 last night stated that it is about 5 or 6 miles from where the trailer/garage is located and the church. AM was on the run with the girls for 2 weeks, and basically went nowhere.

He had no where to go!
He was trapped! And he knew it!

I was looking at that video of him in the conv. store!
If you notice he keeps putting his right hand behind his back
I think he had a gun then!

Soyesterday,
Thank you for your opinions! You are still healing. Everyone here should be learning from your pain! (hugs)

JMO
Now, every child loves their parents no matter the amount of abuse and neglect. Children dont know any different, they have no choice. Attempts are always made to keep the children in the home if possible.
Get these girls out of there! The whole family is dysfunctional and creepy. GB is creepy and down the line...I think Jb was trying to escape this whole mess a freaks and I suspect the older daughter was trying to confront her mother and their life with the truth that there was something very wrong with AM and those people.
I can not for the life of me imagine letting my kids around any of these players, ever!!!
I cant feel sorry for anyone here. I cant explain their dysfunction away. I cant forgive and forget. There are red flags everywhere and these relationships have been going on for decades.
I pray, hope and believe that an entire community and nation will demand that these girls will only be surrounded by love, support, and nurturing.
JMO

I am not ready to condemn the entire Bain family for what one whacked out guy did.

From what I have read JoAnn and Gary seem to be nice people and good parents.

IMO

He had no where to go!

I wonder if it was to hide a bloodied fist or scratched/bitten hand. I kinda hope it was the latter.

Authorities, acting on a tip-off, tracked Mayes to a wooded area near a church in Mississippi, about 75 miles (120 km) south of the Tennessee town of Whiteville where the Bains lived, the FBI told a news conference.

“Officers immediately issued commands for Adam Mayes to show his hands. Mayes pulled a semi-automatic weapon from his waistband and shot himself in the head,” said Aaron T. Ford, Special Agent In Charge of the FBI’s Memphis division.

The two girls were found lying on the ground nearby, where they were “hungry, thirsty and dehydrated” and suffering from exposure and poison ivy, he added.

“They look like they’ve been in the woods for three days,” Ford said

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Adam+M...+girls+alive/6605669/story.html#ixzz1uZOk1DdU

The biological father of the two oldest girls posted on FaceBook that the girls do not know that JB and AB are dead. This was about an hour ago. This is going to be a rocky recovery for the girls, but at least they were spared witnessing the murders of their mom and big sister.

Well I think that is good they did not know, least they were spared seeing them murdered. It will be a hard road for these two girls.

Re TM, if you saw your ex-husband ( who had abused you for eleven years) kill a woman and her 14 year old daughter, and then told you that you had to drive the trailer back to MS with the dead bodies, and you were not the brightest bulb in the pack, would you tell him no? Not to mention he had a gun.
I would like to hear what she has to say before I would form an opinion as to her culpability. JMO

He had no where to go!

His wallet was in his back pocket.

When he shot himself, the gun was pulled from his waistband.

Report from FBI says the girls were close enough to see Mayes shoot himself:

http://www.kitv.com/news/national/Kidnapped-girls-witnessed-Mayes-end/-/8905418/13071686/-/h3g0qaz/-/

When investigators came upon Mayes, "the girls were on their stomach face down. They were close enough to see what was going on when he killed himself," FBI spokesman Jason Pack said.

Alexandria Bain, 12, and Kyliyah Bain, 8, were tended to by two female agents who rode with them in an ambulance to the hospital.

The tip authorities received was not that someone had spotted Mayes, but that there was an old logging cabin behind a church that might have power and would be a good hiding place.

Glad LE went out to search there again after receiving the tip.

Re TM, if you saw your ex-husband ( who had abused you for eleven years) kill a woman and her 14 year old daughter, and then told you that you had to drive the trailer back to MS with the dead bodies, and you were not the brightest bulb in the pack, would you tell him no? Not to mention he had a gun.
I would like to hear what she has to say before I would form an opinion as to her culpability. JMO

TM and his mother helped plan this for awhile, it was preplanned and premeditated. Reading comments of her's from her two different FB sites, she was not slow. She knew what she was doing. Her sister might play it up now like she is and keep mentioning she feels JB and AM were having an affair to deflect, but I'm not buying into this poor TM bologni. She's not an ex, they're still married and were living together.

So thankful the girls are safe but very sad for the grief they now are faced with. I pray they end up somewhere far far away from all the dysfunction they've been living among.

It may be hot and humid in TN but it's much hotter where AM is headed now.

FWIW I think this is the church they were behind when rescued based on the picture in the article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47381215#.T60ZC-tunMp

Attachments

• church2.jpg
    church2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 52
  • church.jpg
    church.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 40
Girls have been released and have headed home to Hardeman County:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47381215#.T60gz-sqNDu

Alexandria Bain, 12, and her sister, Kyliyah, 8, were found with Mayes and are now safe. Both girls have been released from Le Bonheur Children's Hospital and have returned to their home in Hardeman County.

That's a really good sign that they're fairly healthy.

"We still intend to move forward with the evidence we have," Dunavant said over the phone. "In addition to anyone else who is found to have participated in these homicides and this kidnapping. We'll move forward with that evidence and we want to thank and commend the good work of all of these agencies."
Dunavant said the girls will be key witnesses in the case.

"Our focus is that they receive specialized care and treatment they need at this time," he told WMC-TV. "Later on, they will be considered material witnesses in this case, they are victims and will be treated with ultimate care, dignity and respect."

TM and his mother helped plan this for awhile, it was preplanned and premeditated. Reading comments of her's from her two different FB sites, she was not slow

I have not been able to access those FB sites. Does MFM have a FB site? The only site I can access is Bobbi Brown's.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20120511/NEWS/120511003/Mayes-repeatedly-ordered-surrender-authorities-say?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Mayes and the girls had been holed up in a wooden structure in the woods, said a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release the information.

At 6:50 p.m. Thursday, an officer saw Alexandria Bain in an area about 100 yards behind a church, Ford said. Officers shouted commands for Mayes to show his hands, Ford said. But Mayes pulled a semiautomatic pistol from his waistband and shot himself in the head, Ford said.

I'm so relieved and thankful that the girls are safe. I hope they will receive counseling on a long-term basis. It will probably be a very long time before they feel safe, or able to trust, again.

TM and his mother helped plan this for awhile, it was preplanned and premeditated. Reading comments of her's from her two different FB sites, she was not slow. She knew what she was doing. Her sister might play it up now like she is and keep mentioning she feels JB and AM were having an affair to deflect, but I'm not buying into this poor TM bologni. She's not an ex, they're still married and were living together.

Thanks for this clarity. Deflection too often leads people away from the real issue: the CHOICE a person made to commit a crime. This crime was two horrible murders and the destruction of what was left of two little girls' childhoods.

Whether anyone was having an affair with ANYONE else has no place in excusing a crime of ANY kind. Thanks for pointing that out so well. Unfortunately, some people can be misled so easily.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back