TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrest may be near in Karen Swift murder

excerpts

"Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box says he's hoping results from forensic lab work will be back very soon. He says that evidence will be prepared in a courtroom presentation format.

"Currently we are not naming any suspects and will not name anyone until we feel it will benefit the case," stated Box."

and

"I don't want to speak badly about Karen," said attorney Steve Farese, "but there were some things going on that were quite unusual."

http://www.wmctv.com/story/19441454/arrest-may-be-near-in-karen-swift-murder

well.. What did I tell ya?.. Steve Farese absolutely will go about making his clients wife absolutely unrecognizable to her family or anyone who has ever known her for that matter.. It is exactly how Steve Farese plays the game of defending murderers.. He takes the victims and he literally rewrites history as to who and what that victim was in her lifetime.. His goal obviously to take the focus, therefor blame off his client who is accused of murdering said victim and places the blame on the fictitious victim that he's created and falsely painted as living a risky lifestyle thereby is in a sense responsible for why she is dead..

This is Farese exact MO and as I stated prior his planning and executing of that plan begins before any trial or even arrest is even made.. This attorney is exactly the reason why the LE/DA are making so damn sure in taking every single precaution necessary in ensuring this beautiful mom of 4 receives justice in her behalf against the man who killed her..

Farese is a master and this case is beginning the way they always do in Farese setting the stage for the brilliant performance that is yet to come.. If there weren't innocent victims at the heart of it.. It'd be one helluva an entertaining show to sit back and watch..

My stomach turns for Karens loved ones in knowing what they are about to be forced to endure..

Arrest may be near in Karen Swift murder

excerpts

"Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box says he's hoping results from forensic lab work will be back very soon. He says that evidence will be prepared in a courtroom presentation format.

"Currently we are not naming any suspects and will not name anyone until we feel it will benefit the case," stated Box."

and

"I don't want to speak badly about Karen," said attorney Steve Farese, "but there were some things going on that were quite unusual."http://www.wmctv.com/story/19441454/arrest-may-be-near-in-karen-swift-murder

Noticed that the above quoted MSM article did not sound as certain that an arrest would occur as the language used in the State Gazette article posted upthread a few.

Regarding the husband, he's probably not considered a great flee risk by LE due to the fact that he has stayed put this long...but that would not preclude him from fleeing if he learned that he was the POI on LE's radar screen.

Maybe another (or the) POI is already incarcerated? Or maybe the POI has established roots in the community, and believes he/she is flying under the radar screen...

Whatever the truth may be...hope the answers are forthcoming!

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/19445131/probe-into-swifts-death-winding-on

Sheriff Box said Monday that his department has had a person of interest for months, but it's the high community interest which pushed his department to make some of the investigation details public.

"In order to ensure a successful prosecution, we will continue to protect the integrity of this case to the end," he said in a statement released to the media on Monday. "The cardinal rule of law enforcement is to do the job, but do it right."

"Our investigators have done a very good job in compiling the evidence and we will use all of the results of the investigation and evidence from these agencies, in unison, to see that an arrest and conviction is obtained," Sheriff Box said.

"This processing with the Secret Service may provide highly detailed data, which may include the time of every movement that was made before, during, and after the murder," Sheriff Box said. "I know the community would like to see an arrest made, so would we. However, patience is the key and it is paying off as time has been beneficial in making sure a conviction is rendered, after we make an arrest."

"I have made additional requests top expedite the processing of the remainder of the DNA and forensic evidence that is needed," Sheriff Box said. "Some of the processing includes not only lab work, but taking the results of the investigation and having it preparing in a courtroom presentation display format."

I read another article that stated that they are still waiting for some forensic testing to come back. It is amazing to me how long some of these tests take!!

I have to say that it has always bothered me in cases where they are waiting for toxicology tests to come back. I worked for a construction company, and we often did drug testing on our employees. How come we could get results in a day or two, and the LE has to wait 3 weeks - 3 months??

I do not know what tests they are waiting for, but I am anxious to see resolution in Karen's case. I think it is VERY interesting that Box says that they have ruled out all other "possible" suspects, and have narrowed it down to one POI. The only one that I am aware of with an attorney trying to spin things is her soon to be ex.

IF, and that is a big IF, he is the one responsible, I would hope for the sake of their kids that he would grow a pair and take a plea. I HATE it when the father of children takes the life of the mother of said children, and they go on to add insult to injury during a trial. Especially given the nature of the attorney he has hired. He will rip Karen's reputation to shreds without one iota of care to her children and their feelings.

ETA: Link http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...sey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

Box estimates between 50 to 100 pieces of evidence have been collected. Investigators have received much of the lab results back, but Box stated they are looking forward to receiving everything back that is needed to prepare this case for trial.

"If this individual was on the run or if we felt that other persons were in immediate danger, we would have already named this person as a suspect".

Hmmm...interesting wording (bolded) used in the quote above from the Sheriff's Office PR.

There again, I say, I hope they are keeping an eye on the POI (unless the perpetrator is already incarcerated.)

It is obvious, imo, what the general consensus is here regarding Karen's killer...but I found it interesting that Sheriff Box stated there were several POIs to start with...especially taking into consideration the small size of the community.

Hope LE acts sooner rather than later as to making an informed, evidence assisted arrest.

Justice for Karen!

It would be my best guess that they needed to look at people from the Halloween party that Karen attended as suspects as well. That is some place that she was known to be that night. Also, we do not know what activity if any was on her phone from that night/early morning. That would bring in to play others. Then, of course, the "last person" to see her was her soon-to-be-ex. All of these would be potential suspects. I just hope to hear soon who they have narrowed the list down to...

It would be my best guess that they needed to look at people from the Halloween party that Karen attended as suspects as well. That is some place that she was known to be that night. Also, we do not know what activity if any was on her phone from that night/early morning. That would bring in to play others. Then, of course, the "last person" to see her was her soon-to-be-ex. All of these would be potential suspects. I just hope to hear soon who they have narrowed the list down to...

Coco - That's a good point about the Halloween party guests. Guess I was applying the term POIs to a more stringent definition...those who had a known reason for being suspected of foul play in Karen's case.

I know there was talk of one RSO living in close proximity to where Karen's abandoned car was located. And there very well may have been other RSOs in the surrounding neighborhoods that needed to be checked out.

another snip from your link coco:

Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box says his office has looked at several people they think could be connected to the swift murder and narrowed it down to one.
Box says they are waiting on nearly a hundred pieces of evidence still being examined by the TBI before an arrest is made.
“It makes me feel uncomfortable you know. If there is a serial killer running around or something my wife goes out to the store at to places,” said Roberson.
A judge ordered Swift’s cause of death be sealed and not released until the trial.

We're fast approaching one year and still no persons of interest named or an arrest.

I'm going to step out on a limb here and say I feel Justice will be served in this case! God knows Karen deserves Justice! It appears she was just trying to make a better life for her young girls and herself! It does not matter what type of life style she chose as long as she was not intentionally hurting anyone else...it was her life to live the way she saw fit!

All IMOO

Hoping her children feel Karen's warm, comforting spirit there with them through these difficult times.

:bump:

Bumping up for Karen and her kids. Waiting to see if anything happens in the Grand Jury in October. Still 3 more weeks... :sigh:

Halloween is almost here again. I can't really understand the delay. Karen was at home in her pajamas. Next, she's murdered and thrown in the weeds near a cemetery close to home. She and her belongings are left in more than one direction from the home, spread around in such a way that seems to point investigators in several directions simultaneously (mislead investigators). She and her husband are in the middle of an acrimonious divorce, but she has no alternative but to remain in the home. It seems like the husband is the only obvious suspect.

Thanks for pointing that out Otto - I had all but forgotten that it was Halloween when poor Karen was murdered. How sad, it will soon be a year. You're here one day, then puff! someone puts an end to it all for you - all your plans, hopes, dreams gone!

At first I didn't this was a well-planned; happening spur-of-the moment and as such the perp wouldn't be careful enough to cover all his tracks.
But so much for that theory...

But seems it was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members