TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
geez old steve! are your ears burning? because I was just thinking of Karen and wondering if there has been any news yet...

Hoping we hear something soon!

Box is doing it right.:thumb:

I was beginning to have my doubts, but it looks like they were just deligently working. I hope their hard work will be fruitful in making an arrest and conviction. Hope the children are doing well..as can be expected. Thinking of them at this time.

I too just feel the suspect is oh-so-obvious. Will be shocked beyond measure if it is anyone else.

What on earth is taking so long with this case? TN has some serious problems with actually getting someone into a court of law to face charges! Slow doesn't begin to describe it. If they don't know who murdered this beautiful woman by now, (which I sincerely believe they do know who is responsible), then they need to come clean and say so. To me, it's very clear that this case is just another tragic domestic homicide. All this "we are waiting for evidence to come back" BS is just that, BS! For crying out loud, you don't need every single piece of evidence to charge this guy! I pray daily for the safety of those children in his care and custody. That sheriff better be VERY confident that this doesn't end up to be another case like Josh Powell.

I too just feel the suspect is oh-so-obvious. Will be shocked beyond measure if it is anyone else.

Karen's case reminds me of the Dateline show "Secrets In The Snow" about Stephanie Roller Bruner goes for a walk in the middle of a snowstorm and doesn't return... Stephanie's case was more obvious than Karen's in that Stephanie went out "to clear her head" in the below freezing night on foot.
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/dateline/49309996#49309996

Thinking more about the "Secrets In Snow" show versus Karen's case...
If you watch the show and then think - now what if Stephanie had gone out to a party... how much better would have been for her husband, and how much more difficult it would have been for LE to charge him.

These cases of women living with a man they are in the process of leaving are really sad! It seems all there has to be is a "tripping point" to set the husband off such he becomes enraged and kills his wife. Stephanie's seems to have been her husband catching her sending an email off to the man she wanted to leave him for...

Thinking more about the "Secrets In Snow" show versus Karen's case...
If you watch the show and then think - now what if Stephanie had gone out to a party... how much better would have been for her husband, and how much more difficult it would have been for LE to charge him.

These cases of women living with a man they are in the process of leaving are really sad! It seems all there has to be is a "tripping point" to set the husband off such he becomes enraged and kills his wife. Stephanie's seems to have been her husband catching her sending an email off to the man she wanted to leave him for...

Well, the jury was told that he likely saw the email,right? Seems the entire case was circumstantial. Sure, he probably did it, but I don't recall any actual non-circumstantial evidence, unless I missed it.

Well, the jury was told that he likely saw the email,right? Seems the entire case was circumstantial. Sure, he probably did it, but I don't recall any actual non-circumstantial evidence, unless I missed it.

Yes, it was all circumstantial - but there was allot. Won't go into here as OT, but what I'm getting at is when comparing the two cases, because Karen went out to a party, and then her car was found away from her home - Karen's husband saying she went out again after coming home from the party is something the prosecution will have to show otherwise.

Whereas, in Stephanie's case, there was no party. Hubby simply saying she went out for a walk on freezing night (she didn't take her car) - and they lived in a remote/rural area... Also, the contradiction of hubby saying there were not arguing before she went out, versus Stephanie's oldest saying her parents were arguing... oops, didn't want to go into Stephanie's case...

Now if Karen's daughter were able to say her mom never left the house... but that doesn't appear to be the case...

It looks like the GJ did meet last week, but since there is no word, I am to assume that once again they have been unable to arrest someone for Karen's murder. :(

Here is a list of GJ indictments for October (mostly drugs)
http://www.stategazette.com/story/1903184.html

:sigh:

It looks like the GJ did meet last week, but since there is no word, I am to assume that once again they have been unable to arrest someone for Karen's murder. :(

What's the hold-up???

As much as I've tried to keep an open mind in this case, I'm beginning to come around to the popular theory that the murderer may indeed be related to Karen! It seems to me that a person who had not lawyered-up would have been arrested, by now! How long does it take LE and the DA's office to figure out if they have a good case or not? IMO, not this long!

JUSTICE FOR KAREN SWIFT!!!

Karen was murdered on Halloween, and I am hoping they are just gathering evidence now to make an arrest before the anniversary of her death.

Justice for Karen!

Karen was murdered on Halloween, and I am hoping they are just gathering evidence now to make an arrest before the anniversary of her death.

Justice for Karen!

:praying:

How do we know that the GJ heard this case? The GJ meetings are pretty much standard, so unless this was a special GJ, there's no guarantee that the DA even presented this case to them.

IMO, there has been no arrest because they don't have the evidence to make a case against the husband, or anyone else. If they had enough, they could make an arrest on suspicion without the GJ having anything to do with it, and then put it before the GJ later, in order to get an indictment. JMO.

What if the forensics only show she had contact with those she knew, yet fails to connect something specific about her death to any of them? - that's my fear...

How do we know that the GJ heard this case? The GJ meetings are pretty much standard, so unless this was a special GJ, there's no guarantee that the DA even presented this case to them.

IMO, there has been no arrest because they don't have the evidence to make a case against the husband, or anyone else. If they had enough, they could make an arrest on suspicion without the GJ having anything to do with it, and then put it before the GJ later, in order to get an indictment. JMO.

There was just an indication in one of the articles lately that they "might" present to GJ this month. I just had hope that they finally did have enough evidence. I know that GJ does meet regularly, but MSM gave us hope that this might be the month. There may have been something presented and there wasn't enough evidence. Or, they may not have presented yet.

I am still here, awaiting justice for Karen. I too hope that an arrest is made by the anniversary of Karen's disappearance.

Just a few days shy of a year since Karen went missing and still no arrest. Praying Oct 30th is the lucky day someone is finally charged with her murder.

fwiw, one of those listed has a home address less than 5 miles from Karen's home, with the Bledsoe cemetery enroute in between...

ETA: via back roads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member