GUILTY TN - Maurice Brown, 3, Memphis, 1 July 2012

"I'll give anything to get my son back"...that sentence never sits well with me, I don't know why, as it is a collection of innocent-sounding words...

"I love him to death. He was happy kid, never did nothing to nobody, he never did nothing to nobody, all he do is sit in front of the TV, 24/7 watching TV, he never moved," said his father.

Apart of the child sitting in front of the TV unmoving 24/7, he speaks of his son in the past tense.

OK so maybe if he was taken by a gang he is still living but is not a happy child any more.

"I love him to death"...doesn't sit right either...

So, I guess he has an alibi now for when witnesses come forward saying them saw him driving and walking around in the middle of the night -- perhaps, disposing of evidence....

"I searched the house and he was nowhere to be found. I got my other son off the couch and walked around the block. Got in my car, drove around the block and called the police and from there they haven't told me anything," said Maurice Brown Senior.

"I love him to death"...doesn't sit right either...

The whole thing creates an unfortunate mental picture. He WAS a happy child, never did anything to nobody, nothing to deserve what happened to him, but somehow it ended up that he never moved again.

I hope he will be found OK.

No!! Dammit, this seems like it is going to have a bad ending, just like so many others. Lttle kids just don't vanish, something happens to them, then somebody tries to "erase" them out of existence.
This story makes me see red. And, who uses a big bath towel for a cut on a finger. Argh!

IMHO

I wondered why Maurice wasn't getting many sleuthers, and just realized...we can't take much more! It is becoming a DAILY occurrence with missing babies! I gotta step away for awhile. Prayers for baby Maurice's safe return...God bless...

As soon as I heard the father's story, I was suspicious. Most of these missing children when the story starts like this, end up dead at the hands of a parent or the mother's boyfriend. I hope that's not the case here. Its worrying that the little boy spent all his time sitting in front of the TV. That means the father wasn't very involved in his life and used the TV as a babysitter. I noticed that the father spoke of the boy in the past tense. I don't think a gang had anything to do with the boy's disappearance.

OK, I read the article at this link already, but just now watched the video.

It's dad talking. He doesn't seem upset at all. He seems more concerned about telling his story and keeping it straight. IMO.

http://www.wafb.com/story/18929570/3-year-old-boy-missing-overnight

Dad also says the door was open when he woke up. The 1-year-old brother (from a different mother) was still on the couch were both of them were when he fell asleep. And he feels the police are doing a poor job looking for his son and the search dogs are not enough.

He says people "dislike" him because he does music and is an artist, and they might dislike what he says. Well, that's not why I dislike him... JMO.

Another interesting quote..."To come in from work, thinkin' my day goin' good, and this happened."

FWIW, the reporters asked to look at his finger. He DOES have an injury that would have bled. (Says he's had it for a week.)

Right, so he got the cut on his finger at work A WEEK AGO while throwing something away in a dumpster. One week later, it's still bleeding at home (or he reopens the wound??) and wipes it on a bath towel, conveniently the same night his son goes missing? I'm not buying it.

Also, please explain to me, sir, how these mysterious gang members didn't wake you up when they came into your house to steal ONLY ONE of your children from mere feet away from you? And they didn't wake the baby? And they didn't TAKE the baby?

Not. Buying. It.

I took notice of him saying, "I called the police and it was the right thing to do".

Like it had been an option not to call.

Did you see how he was networking with the reporters at the end -- giving them his stage name and cell phone number? That was a very self-serving video.

I got chills when he said "He was my man. He was my soul." WAS??!

Seems to me that his statements are very self-serving. Like he's directing the public how to think and feel about him and his actions following his "discovery" that his son was missing. "It was the right thing to do." Hmmm... this sounds more like something a witness to a crime would say. You're not a casual observer, fella... this is your little boy who is missing!

Sorry, but I have a bad feeling about this, something is definitely not right here. Prayers for this little guy's safe return.

I just looked at a report on the five most dangerous cities in the U.S and memphis was number 5 on that list.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/finance-mostdangerouscities2/3/

I dont know what to think about the dad's "story" yet. I just saw the one video that has his cell phone on it.

The part of the story that makes me think he might be telling the truth (about that part) was he said "he finially had to call the police" He admitted he didnt want to have to do that .
Most of us would call right away but alot of people would never consider calling the police first and only would so when completely out of options, I suspect if this guy is telling the truth we will hear from a lot of neighbors who saw him before the police arrived and maybe even people he called to see if they picked up the boy. JMO.

I found this guy on facebook and he's a piece of work. He has a photo of his one year-old baby with a caption saying that the baby is another grape on the vine....insinuating that he will become a member of the Grape Street Crips one day. This is his lifelong dream for his newborn son. It makes me SO SAD that he feels this is the only option, the only future, his son can have -- to join a gang.

The rest of his photos are of him wearing purple (the color of the gang), flashing gang symbols, talking about being high, and burning a bandana the color of his rival gang (red).

Our society is so broken if this is what he feels his options in life are.

Little Maurice's disappearance is close to home. I live about half an hour away from where Maurice has gone missing. That area isn't a very good area at all so gang activity could be a possibility, but I'm skeptical. I am hoping against hope for little Maurice or "junior"'s safe return!

It's so hot :please:

But if a rival gang wanted to take revenge upon him, wouldn't they just shoot up his home? I don't have any memories of rival gangs breaking into a home and stealing a child as revenge. Usually they shoot up the place or the car when he drives away.

Homicide detectives are investigating the disappearance of a 3-year-old Memphis boy from his home overnight after his father fell asleep.
Maurice Brown Jr., 3, went missing at 8:30 p.m. on South Pauline Street. Now, his father, Maurice Brown Senior, believes gang members took his son to retaliate against him. He said he fell asleep and when he woke up, his boy was gone.

Police took Maurice Senior's vehicle from the scene as part of the investigation.

"They said there's some kind of mud or something that was on my car but I didn't really see why they took my car," he said. "They talking about some mud, how did it come here, all part of the procedure, you know, you gotta take the car."

"I had a bath towel where I cut my finger at, you know, and that's what they took."
Maurice Senior also said they took something else from his home during the investigation.

http://www.kait8.com/story/18929570/3-year-old-boy-missing-overnight

I'm going out on a limb here and giving dad the benefit of the doubt. I just want the baby home safe.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back