GUILTY TN - Maurice Brown, 3, Memphis, 1 July 2012

But if a rival gang wanted to take revenge upon him, wouldn't they just shoot up his home? I don't have any memories of rival gangs breaking into a home and stealing a child as revenge. Usually they shoot up the place or the car when he drives away.

EXACTLY!!!! Thanks wasn't enough. Gangs aren't known for being subtle and if they wanted to get revenge on dad I would think they would have just shot him while he slept. My first thought when I saw this case was "not again". How can this keep happening?

I'm going out on a limb here and giving dad the benefit of the doubt. I just want the baby home safe.

The little boy looks so happy in the pix I have seen. It is hard to believe that his dad was abusive. And for some reason both the mothers allowed him to be the caretaker. So it seems he was a good father. So what happened?

ETA: I hope it is not another potty accident. :mad:

'Networking' with the reporters who are a valuable resource in getting out the word on your missing toddler? Really?

Whiskey.
Tango.
Foxtrot.

Seriously...............

I am a little worried about the father speaking in the past tense so quickly. And what is this ' He was my little soldier'? Is that a gang reference?

Right, so he got the cut on his finger at work A WEEK AGO while throwing something away in a dumpster. One week later, it's still bleeding at home (or he reopens the wound??) and wipes it on a bath towel, conveniently the same night his son goes missing? I'm not buying it.

Also, please explain to me, sir, how these mysterious gang members didn't wake you up when they came into your house to steal ONLY ONE of your children from mere feet away from you? And they didn't wake the baby? And they didn't TAKE the baby?

Not. Buying. It.

You ain't heard of the 'Tippy Toe Gangsta's '? They're a reeeeeeal quiet group of child-stealing thieves.

His FB page shows a happy boy, and he just spent a kajillion dollars on new clothing... he seems caring by his photos, and their WAS an argument with police involvement recently. Geesh I hope he's telling the bizarre truth.

I am confused about the time he actually went missing. The WMCTV Channel 5 article states he went missing at 8:30 pm. There is a picture to the side of the article that reports he went missing at 10:30pm. Does anyone know which is correct? It also looks like a fairly large apartment complex. No matter what happened I would think someone saw something, especially if it was not dark yet. On the other hand the heat is awful now and is keeping most people inside.

I am confused about the time he actually went missing. The WMCTV Channel 5 article states he went missing at 8:30 pm. There is a picture to the side of the article that reports he went missing at 10:30pm. Does anyone know which is correct? It also looks like a fairly large apartment complex. No matter what happened I would think someone saw something, especially if it was not dark yet. On the other hand the heat is awful now and is keeping most people inside.

Little Maurice was last SEEN around 8:30 pm when his father fell asleep. He was reported missing around 10:30. So, sometime between there. Previous reports indicate he disappeared between 8:00 and 9:00.

Oh no-does not sound good!What did he do to little Maurice?

He was arrested for neglect and endangerment? Are they just looking for a way to hold him while waiting for forensics on the car and the bath towel?

Usually parents of a child who has wandered off are not arrested for these types of charges...not at this point...

I mean, if they thought the boy had wandered away or been taken by an intruder, would they arrest the dad for 'neglect' if they found he was doing something unlawful during their investigation?
Like maybe he was not even home, and when he came back the kid was missing?

He was arrested for neglect and endangerment? Are they just looking for a way to hold him while waiting for forensics on the car and the bath towel?

My guess would be YES. Get him for what they can now, while waiting for results on something else. Or until they find little Maurice. :(

They also typically don't seize the parent's vehicle and items from the home if they believe he wandered away or was abducted. Abduction = AMBER Alert.

I mean, if they thought the boy had wandered away or been taken by an intruder, would they arrest the dad for 'neglect' if they found he was doing something unlawful during their investigation?
Like maybe he was not even home, and when he came back the kid was missing?

eta: Just saw your post Clu...looks like we are wondering the same thing again.

That's what I think.

Crazy, but after finally watching the video, I kind of believe him... good call for LE to charge him with neglect off the bat. MOO

That's what I think.

Crazy, but after finally watching the video, I kind of believe him... good call for LE to charge him with neglect off the bat. MOO

That is a huge apt. complex. And Dad said already that the 3 yr old sits on the couch in front of the tv and NEVER EVEN MOVES. [ Don't get me started on that statement.]

But it made me wonder if Dad sometimes goes and hangs out with neighbors and leaves the babies alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back