To all who believe Caylee is ALIVE, explain this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he cared one bit about free publicity. He's older than he looks, LP. And he's very successful. What does he care about publicity. I think he wanted to do something to help the case and find Caylee, I think he was sincerely hoping that at that time, and he was in the position that he could try and do it. I think his views have changed as the case evolves and he's less optimistic. He's entitled to do what he wants. He's entitled to bond out any detainee who is up for bond and return them if it gets too risky. Frankly, I like him so much better than some people on the NG show, he's like a breath of fresh air. I really like some of the experts who are on her show though, although she treats them just awfully. But I digress, back to the topic...

I'm not saying he cared about publicity. My point is ... you can easily look back and see that he was bashed for that reason ... by the very ppl who are now defending him. Why? It speaks for itself

:clap: Bravo to the carefully explained & respectful discussions posted here today from all points of view. :clap: (JMHO)

Until recently, I thought that LE was obligated to provide factually accurate information when it did release information. (This is my first WS case. :)) I’ve since learned that LE may choose to strategically leak false information to the press was news to me.
I saw an interview (from Tuesday) (about the case) that discusses this, and thought I’d share the link in this thread for others who are also new to the process.

Video link below. If you decide to watch the interview, please note - there are 4 interesting questions addressed this video.
Judge Napolitano on Fox Orlando Interview-Answers specific questions on this case:
-discusses time spent in JB office as completely appropriate
-discusses that LE can shoose to leak information that is not true in an effort to further their investigations.
-dicusses the acceptability of garbage taking
-discusses limited immunity vs. fruits immunity
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/M....jsp?contentId=7394244&version=1&locale=EN-US

Thanks for this post, Emma. What a coincidence, my husband and I were just talking about The Avengers and looking at pictures online, then I saw your post when I got on here. Yeah, I was shocked when I found out that in many places it's legal for police to use false information to try to get a confession.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. But it's important to mention the following facts in answer to the points you raised: Contrary to popular rumor and speculation, Casey didn't in fact have any motive to murder Caylee in order to be "free to party". Her parents were very happy to have Caylee at their home, Casey could very easily leave Caylee there when she wanted to "be free". Also, the school friend of Casey's, KM, who claims that Casey considered not keeping the baby when she first found out she was pregnant, goes on to say that Casey then reached the decision to carry through with the pregnancy, and when KM told Casey she was interested in adopting her baby, Casey DID NOT show an interest in taking her up on this offer, she obviously did not take her up on it. There is no history of Casey harming Caylee or having bad feelings toward Caylee, all the friends and acquaintances interviewed by police who had spent time with Casey and Caylee said that she had a normal, affectionate, caring relationship with Caylee, that she was always concerned for Caylee's safety like any normal mother. So far there is no evidence that Casey harmed Caylee. Caylee is missing, and that is all we know.

:boohoo: That is all we know, cuz she ain't sayin nothin and her family isn't looking for her. whoops! caylee's missing! who wants extra cheese on their pizza???

Sorry if this was posted twice, but Blink, I am not going to respond to your posts as you have attacked me many times. I will no repost LP's contradictory comments. You can look them up yourself.

Katie, feel free to not respond to my posts, like you certainly could have just chosen to do? I will however, exercise my right to respond respectfully as I have to any post, to the post I might add, not the poster.

I have never attacked you whatsoever, I may not agree with you, but certainly have no interest in attacking anyone on here. I can assure you I do not need to look anything up Katie, check my posts, I am not at want for any information in Caylee's case.

Operative word there ... LAB ...

I'd be interested in your source, as I'm not absolute, but I'm pretty sure, FBI is Federal and yes, there must be evidence of the victim crossing state lines for them to be involved.... as I understood it

Here's a reference. Under the Federal Kidnapping Act, the FBI can come in after 24 hours.

The Lindbergh Act is a federal law (48 Stat. 781) that makes it a crime to kidnap — for ransom, reward, or otherwise— and transport a victim from one state to another or to a foreign country, except in the case of a minor abducted by his or her parent.

The Lindbergh law provides that if the victim is not released within twenty-four hours after being kidnapped, there is a rebuttable presumption that he or she has been transported in interstate or foreign commerce.

The punishment for violation of the Lindbergh Act is imprisonment for a term of years or for life.

Katie, feel free to not respond to my posts, like you certainly could have just chosen to do? I will however, exercise my right to respond respectfully as I have to any post, to the post I might add, not the poster.

I have never attacked you whatsoever, I may not agree with you, but certainly have no interest in attacking anyone on here. I can assure you I do not need to look anything up Katie, check my posts, I am not at want for any information in Caylee's case.

Okay, if that's what you say.

Here's a reference. Under the Federal Kidnapping Act, the FBI can come in after 24 hours.

The Lindbergh Act is a federal law (48 Stat. 781) that makes it a crime to kidnap — for ransom, reward, or otherwise— and transport a victim from one state to another or to a foreign country, except in the case of a minor abducted by his or her parent.

The Lindbergh law provides that if the victim is not released within twenty-four hours after being kidnapped, there is a rebuttable presumption that he or she has been transported in interstate or foreign commerce.

The punishment for violation of the Lindbergh Act is imprisonment for a term of years or for life.

I'm asking what evidence is available that the FBI is involved in THIS case besides the LAB results? I seriously don't know.

Between number 1 and number 2 as quoted above... he was bashed here, on NG and everywhere. Deny it all you want ... He was no friend of yours until he revoked her bond.

This post must be for someone other than me, I never bashed LP, and I liked LP better when he was more optimistic about Caylee being alive. But I still like him and understand the moves he has made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24