Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although a motive is pretty apparent in this case, it is not required to reach a verdict.

During the bond hearing, IIRC, there was little talk about any motive but mens rea/intent was presented by the Prosecutor.

I'm pretty sure the State will emphasize on a motive when the trial begins.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motive_(law)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is very odd. To both own one, and have it seized in a murder investigation.

It doesn't have to be odd to own one - for ladies that make or alter their own clothes it is extremely useful.

I gotta wonder what was going on that it became evidence though...

I cannot remember if anyone else has wondered this...

I wonder if the white tank top on the mannequin belonged to HE.

I cannot remember if anyone else has wondered this...

I wonder if the white tank top on the mannequin belonged to HE.

They could probably tell by the size who it does not belong to. If it is an XXL it could be Tammy's. If it is a small, it could be Heather's but it certainly wouldn't be TM's. She hasn't seen a small since she was 9 years old!

CORRECTION BBM

Sidney Moorer, according to Truslow, was born and raised in Summerville and moved to Horry County in 1997, prior to meeting and marrying Tammy.
http://www.wbtw.com/story/24992456/...-accused-of-killing-20-year-old-missing-woman

Sidney Moorer Class Of 1995
Lord Berkeley Academy Class of 95
Moncks Corner, SC
http://www.classmates.com/people/Sidney-Moorer/2356970

BBM: Odd to seize this? I don't remember seeing this before. Hmm...

ETA: http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_59c6602e-9521-11e4-8eec-3ba606d82675.html

Here's an article from December 2014:

Horry County police investigating the Heather Elvis case seized 13 cell phones, six computers, five video game systems which included two Xbox systems an Xbox hard drive and two Nintendo Wiis, several boxes of records, CDs and mini-cassettes, various financial records including numerous bank records, flash drives, journals and Sidney Moorer’s business license, $10,600 in cash from a safe, a torso of a mannequin with a white tank top and a Bi-Lo receipt dated Dec. 18, 2013. Search warrant returns didn’t state a specific time on the receipt. Unspecified items were photographed as well. Investigators also seized two shotguns, but police returned the weapons a day later. Police took two swabs from a shotgun, but the warrants don’t specify from which shotgun the swab was taken.

Polly Caison, mother of Tammy Moorer, said documents stating that police returned the shotguns a day later after seizing them serve as further proof her relatives had nothing to do with Elvis’ disappearance. “We were all together the night she went missing,” Caison said. “They [Sidney and Tammy] had just gotten home around 3 o’clock [a.m.] and they never left the house. We were up that night. We all go to work early in the morning.”

“They [police] took everything out of their house,” Caison said. “The only things they’ve got left are their beds and their refrigerators.”

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_441416a8-86ef-11e4-a903-afb6f4109dfe.html

I wondered this from the start. Could it have been kept as a trophy?

Polly Caison, mother of Tammy Moorer, said documents stating that police returned the shotguns a day later after seizing them serve as further proof her relatives had nothing to do with Elvis’ disappearance. “We were all together the night she went missing,” Caison said. “They [Sidney and Tammy] had just gotten home around 3 o’clock [a.m.] and they never left the house. We were up that night.
respectfully snipped from Jersey Girls post................
WHY! would a grown couple run to parents home at 3 am the night HE disappeared and they all stayed up all night???? Planning what to do next?? Right there gives me a clue that grandma and grandpa knew everything!

Polly Caison, mother of Tammy Moorer, said documents stating that police returned the shotguns a day later after seizing them serve as further proof her relatives had nothing to do with Elvis’ disappearance. “We were all together the night she went missing,” Caison said. “They [Sidney and Tammy] had just gotten home around 3 o’clock [a.m.] and they never left the house. We were up that night.
respectfully snipped from Jersey Girls post................
WHY! would a grown couple run to parents home at 3 am the night HE disappeared and they all stayed up all night???? Planning what to do next?? Right there gives me a clue that grandma and grandpa knew everything!

IDK, but PC has previously said T and S were home all night long so this 3 a.m. info is new and contradicts her previous words. Additionally, I believe there were handguns in the house that were not returned not to mention that using a gun is not the only way to kill someone.

the ' mannequin'.............I would like to know what type.........a dressmaker type would be adjustable, some a wicker, some are hard plastic (would break if used for target practice) if it belonged to HE when and how did the Moorer's get it? Can't wait to find out what all this evil couple did

My thoughts on the mannequin is that their story will be that was what was seen in the back of the truck if there was ever any video captured that night....just a thought.

Horry County police investigating the Heather Elvis case seized 13 cell phones, six computers, five video game systems which included two Xbox systems an Xbox hard drive and two Nintendo Wiis, several boxes of records, CDs and mini-cassettes, various financial records including numerous bank records, flash drives, journals and Sidney Moorer’s business license, $10,600 in cash from a safe, a torso of a mannequin with a white tank top and a Bi-Lo receipt dated Dec. 18, 2013. Search warrant returns didn’t state a specific time on the receipt. Unspecified items were photographed as well. Investigators also seized two shotguns, but police returned the weapons a day later. Police took two swabs from a shotgun, but the warrants don’t specify from which shotgun the swab was taken.

Polly Caison, mother of Tammy Moorer, said documents stating that police returned the shotguns a day later after seizing them serve as further proof her relatives had nothing to do with Elvis’ disappearance. “We were all together the night she went missing,” Caison said. “They [Sidney and Tammy] had just gotten home around 3 o’clock [a.m.] and they never left the house. We were up that night. We all go to work early in the morning.”

“They [police] took everything out of their house,” Caison said. “The only things they’ve got left are their beds and their refrigerators.”

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_441416a8-86ef-11e4-a903-afb6f4109dfe.html

"Bi-Lo receipt dated Dec 18th"...hmmm...
What was purchased at Bi-Lo? At what time? (It says search warrants didn't state the time on the receipt). Which Bi-Lo location??

Eta: is this an attempt at some sort of alibi, or conversely, could this receipt hold evidence of something important?

Ok, so there's a Bi-Lo at 5020 Dick Pond road, says its open 24 hours.

Eta: There also appears to be on one 38th Ave N in Myrtle Beach.

Also from the above link, "According to an affadavit, police sought and obtained the Dec 23 warrant....After they noticed a video recording device on their property."

Ok, so it looks like they've captured the Moorer's truck traveling "to and from the general direction of Peachtree Landing...3:38 am...". "Her phone activity ceased at 3:41am".

BBM: This statement in itself is contradictory. Up just chillin with the grown kids all night when we have to work in a couple of hours. I don't think so. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname