trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #105

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am steeled to hear whatever ALV has to say or imply or impugn about TA without judging her (too very much). And I hope and trust that Travis's family members are steeled for this next onslaught as well.

But I sincerely hope that JM can present an expert to discuss with the jury exactly what happens when a good and trusting and exceptionally naive male is deceived and abused (psychologically, emotionally, physically) by a female who is not suffering from PTSD, not suffering from an amnesiac fog, who is in fact not suffering at all--but who needs and requires full control and domination of any male unfortunate enough to partner with her.

:cow:

She is like a black widow:jail::jail::jail:

IF I had ever kicked my mother, may she rest in peace, she wouldn't be sitting in the courtroom. I would be on my own.

MOO

If I ever kicked my mom I think my dad would have made sure I was the one "resting in peace".

Criteria before she accepts a case? I would think ALV's reputation is set enough that she would not risk taking a case simply for the money. So I'm sorry, I'm having trouble trying to figure out why she would be on board with this defense.

My neighbor attends an exercise class here in Redding, CA. The instructor is from Yreka and her sister was friends with JA. The instructor mentioned to my neighbor that she had killed animals. I took it with a grain of salt, but maybe she really did.

I suspect you're right. I was just thinking over the weekend that JA did not get this way overnight...and then today - although I haven't seen much of it because of work - it comes out that she kicked her mother and kicked a dog - I'm pretty sure there would be other examples of violent behavior before she killed Travis too. This was not just a murder...not just a shooting...not just a stabbing...I cannot imagine what it took to stab him so many times and there just are no words to describe the way she slit his throat so deeply. This is an evil woman and she did not get this way overnight. There is much more than we will ever know. I'm convinced of it.

Mine either.

In defense of her mom, JA has probably convinced her over the years that everything bad that has happened is her fault. Her mother never loved her enough, never trusted her enough...never anything. Her mom probably is always trying to prove that she does.

IMHO, JA has emotionally abused even her mother. She is very manipulative and a liar.

Kelly

Often a parent will blame themselves for their child turning out to be a bad seed. So that may be the case here and why she feels obligated to be there.

MOO

Thank you...I'm a bit put off by some comments.

No one seemed bothered about the comments of the good doc. Let's not be so sensitive here. Look who she is defending. I judge her for that already. She has seen the evidence, she should know better.

I would like to know what her fee is.

I thought the best part of the trial today was when Mr. Martinez brought out the physical abuse JA committed against her own mother.

What kind of ******* kicks their own mother? If Travis had written down a journal entry describing him abusing his mother, the haters would be droning on how it was evidence that Travis hated women!

And that is the thing about statistics. They are often skewed to reach a desired result. I have never paid attention to statics once I realized that.

Kelly

In my college statistics class my professor said that statistics were like bikinis, what they hide is more interesting than what they show!

Yeah.. it sounds like a pattern is forming here: she abused her family and pets, possibly killed or maimed the family dog (no dog runs away over a kick..abused dogs remaiin loyal to their owners, it's why we need to intervene with animal cruelty laws) harrassed her own mother!!!, sexually used people..

What did she get out of telling that dog story, some kind of sadistic rush?

I wish the jury could see it.

I believe she related the story in response to Det. Flores' question about whether she had ever demonstrated "anger issues."

So, so far, JA has been physically abusive to (allegedly?):

A cat.
A dog.
A parent.
A potential rival.
A partner/ex partner.

Okay, lets compare that to a list of Travis' (alleged) abuse...
(...crickets...)

NO - he didn't abuse crickets, that's a sound effect!

I know that AL is a DV expert, but is she not a psychologist as well? I would think that with her credentials, if spent even a short amount of time with Jodi, she would be suspecting personality disorder(s)? Maybe she is going with the theory that Jodi is anti-social and due to that, Jodi perceived that TA was emotionally "abusing her", even if he wasn't? Just throwing it out there. I'm not a professional.

According to her CV she has a Masters in Psychology.
Speaking of her CV it goes on for pages and pages....... I think she has listed every conference she ever attended, every meeting she ever spoke at....;)

Seriously, this is the same woman who argued in a hearing that Jodi's pedophile accusation was relevant to the case and should be heard in court. Juan tried to keep it out but this expert won over the judge. She is going to DESTROY Travis with Jodi's lies, in fact she will go even further than Jodi. As evil as Jodi is, she still has her limits to trashing him. Indeed she has even stuck up for him in ways that can not be explained as "downplaying the abuser's violence". For example, she fought with Nurmi over the sleep sex claim and told the jury Travis had been groggy and not fully conscious -- characterizing it as sexomnia which **** Nurmi's questioning down. She also admitted to having ravishment fantasies involving Travis, something she did not have to say (and this also shut Numri down).

BBM Do you have a reference I can read on that part?

What is a thesis? Does JW really think everyone is stupid?

Consistently asks pointless questions as though she's just trying to fill in blank spaces with useless information. Like a crossword puzzle with black dots :tsktsk:

No one seemed bothered about the comments of the good doc. Let's not be so sensitive here. Look who she is defending. I judge her for that already. She has seen the evidence, she should know better.

I would like to know what her fee is.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see where she has any degree other than a MS in Psychology...

don't kill me, something about this lady I like. I hope I am not disappointed. I have a bit of a good feeling here.

I agree.

I saw her and at first wasn't sure, she sort of had an angry look, but she's probably nervous (maybe).

But I LIKED her. She seems very much into protecting victims, and she did reference she had dealt with some men who were victims of DV.

I think she knows her stuff, she's not a charlatan like RS, and I think she has been SNOWED by the DT and JA. I believe once the facts come out, she will change her tune. I just TRULY hope that JM isn't TOO aggressive with her because it may not look very good.

I am looking forward to tomorrow.

(O/T: when I saw RS leaving the stand, I felt a little sorry for him. He just looked to me like a broken old man, sitting by himself at that table. I think he realizes his career is over)

Beth it wasn't three years. 2006, 2007, and make it sound like that, but it was eighteen months till she killed him.

No, I get ya. I think she is likable now as well. Who doesn't like people who help victims get their lives in order.

I am just worried about her upcoming testimony. She could do a lot of damage,imo.

I have a tiny break before I put dinner together.

Thanks for "getting me" , I appreciate it! :seeya:

And, yes, I don't want ANY damage done to Travis. I honestly just meant that today I liked her.

She kicked a dog... :mad:

She kicked a dog for getting in the garbage. :mad: A dog she admits her family ignored and did not care for. :mad: She was angry she had to clean up diapers. :ma:

I really hope this vile <mod snip>, ever gets released. I don't want her around other animals. I don't want her to ever get pregnant.

I hope her parents no longer have any pets. They didn't care about them when their child was abusing them, I don't trust them to care for them now.

:mad: People disgust me. I think animals have better morals and ability to love then a lot of human beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thelittlebunny