trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live on top of a mountain in the Appalachians, and I use it to bait mouse traps. They freaking love p-nut butter lol.

So .... Are peanut butter stuffed mice tasty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well thank you very much! Now I HAVE to go look at that thing AGAIN?!?!?:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I am such a Nosy Rosy that I won't be able to NOT look..... oh my....cover me! I'm goin in! :floorlaugh:

Someone toss this young woman a life saver on a rope please, I don't have one handy at the moment. :D

Why is there a short day today? I heard court was starting at 9:30 -- are we going to get 30 minutes of testimony in before Monday?

Grrrrr.

Mel

Ok, Ok - but I'm just not the bleeding heart type. It's cool that you are - but I've literally seen abuse of animals on a daily basis in my job.

I can understand what you feel, but it has been stated through interviews that she DOES indeed get 2600 calories a day, and she can INDEED choose to break that up into three meals if she wants to. I just really think that it's a non issue. I think she purposely lost a lot of weight before the trial in order to look frail - classic ploy. I even saw a defense attorney brag once that his client was 'made over' by a Hollywood hair and makeup - clothes expert in order to look the part of being unable to commit the crime because they made her appear old and innocent. Note the Arias bangs and juvenile hairstyle. Note the frail countenance. Note the adjustment of chair height. Not how HUGE her pants were, as though she were swimming in them. Glasses. Shocked response at seeing gruesome photos that she's seen before. Note her 'shaking' at appropriate times. Note the sweet smile she gives as jurors are entering and exiting.

Sorry, she's not manipulating me.

Well thank you very much! Now I HAVE to go look at that thing AGAIN?!?!?:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I am such a Nosy Rosy that I won't be able to NOT look..... oh my....cover me! I'm goin in! :floorlaugh:

Nooooo Beachgirl...don't do it! It cannot be unseen - there is not enough brain bleach on the planet to help you! Going in to save Beachgirl...:floorlaugh:

Jodi My head hurts, I'm hungry
Deputy We gave you a banana why didn't you eat it?
Jodi My brain gets scrambled when men like you give me bananas I didn't know what to do with it
Deputy Jodi WHERE IS THE BANANA?

OMG :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think I might hurl. Why does this girl have anybody standing up for her? At the cost and expense of their own reputations? Money really is the root of all evil, I guess in this case. Soulless, IMO.:furious:

:seeya: Hey there! I grew up in East Cobb!
Lower Roswell/ Holt Rd area...

Mmmmmm me too! Except I love Hellmans and must have salt and pepper!

Oh and if I'm feeling sassy, I very lightly toast the bread!

For me it's peanut butter and mayo sandwichs!!!! YUMMY! :floorlaugh:

One of our court observers said she sat next to a friend of LaViolette's and she was terrified to testify in the case. She must have been talking about Juan. Personally, I would give the money back and run for the hills!! lol

I do feel sorry for her since I believe she has helped many woman and men deal and overcome abuse issues. I will not be watching court today since I cannot listen to anymore of her stories. On to work...........

bbm i respect what you're saying, but i don't understand the sorry feelings for these expert witnesses. these are not children in a play yard. jmo

I eat peanut butter with pickles on Winnipeg rye bread. Yum! ;)

^^^^^ Winner of the grossest thing to eat EVER!

Can you please share how to do a strikethrough here?
I can't figure it out!

Take this sentence and then add Take this sentence and then add put a / before the second s.

It'll look like this; Take this sentence and then add

Look again. It is a brown Tootsie pop! The stick is pointing north.
The pop is "south"

...I don't want to go look. But I probably will at some point. This case. This freaking case. I never thought that tootsie pops would become part of a murder trial. But, here we are. :facepalm::what:

again, I even went as far as to pull it up. It is something I NEVER would have noticed I said until it was pointed out that I said it. Then I thought they were crazy and denied I had said that. Now I notice it ever time. No one else does, though. And I am not heavy on the southern accent either.

http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=20001120

November 20, 2000

might could (double modal)

David Rubin wrote:

In this neck of the woods, one not infrequently encounters the following construction:

A: Can you help me clean the gutters?
B: I might could help you out.
I've encountered two opinions on this "double subjunctive" (might could). The first says that it's just plain illiterate and incorrect. The second says that it's a survival in the American South of a usage that was once much more widely spread. Do you think y'all might could cast some more light on the subject? [David is writing from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.]

Well, for starters, might could isn't a double subjunctive; it's a double modal. Modals belong to a category of auxiliary verbs that includes would, ought, must, should, and have to. The subjunctive is a mode (a.k.a. "mood") of a verb, that uses the bare infinitive in many verbs in the present tenses (If he be great, let him do something to prove it), but has only one form, were, in past and conditional constructions (Would that Caesar were great!/If only Caesar were great!). The other modes are the familiar indicative (Caesar is great), and the imperative (Be great, Ceasar!/Let Caesar be great!). The vocative is also usually classed as a mode (O Caesar!). Modals took over the larger role that the subjunctive used to play, so that may be what's confusing you (or your source).

Anyhow.

The use of the double modal is definitely not "illiterate," but rather typical of regional dialect. It just happens to be largely, if not exclusively, confined to spoken language or reported speech, which says more about the intolerance of dialectal forms in "standard" written English than it does about the education level of the speaker. It's generally true that more educated Southerners tend to avoid this construction, but that's due to a prejudice of perception, not to any inherent inferiority of the use.

In fact, I doubt whether the most common double modals, "might need to" and "might've used to," would clang in most English speakers' ears. However, this dialectal use is indeed mostly concentrated in the South and South Midland, according to the Dictionary of American Regional English, which also gives the following complete list of actually occurring forms, which I think is surprisingly varied:

Yowza, that's an awfully wordy and fancy summary of a two simple words. I do believe I have heard Mr Swamp utter such a phrase. "Might could" means he indeed has the ability but is not entirely committed to doing whatever is being asked.

I might ask Mr Swamp if he will do something for me and he agrees that he "might could" do that. Basically means he can do it but it depends on if he wants to do it. I might have to sweeten my offer or negotiate, typical marital banter.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Attorn...erfering-with-judicial-process-192389651.html

PHOENIX -- Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is known for his unconventional jail policies, which have raised complaints from inmates in the past.
“If they don’t like it, I would highly recommend not coming to jail,” said Sheriff Arpaio.

Now it is not the inmates complaining, but attorney Jason Gronski of the Maricopa County Public Defender’s office.

“We’ve come to find out clients are not eating, are sleep deprived, and aren’t able to assist us at trial, assist council. That’s become a major problem,” said Gronski.

Sheriff Arpaio confirmed that on trial days, inmates in Maricopa County jails are awoken between 3 and 4 in the morning for trials that begin at 10:30 AM. They are given a breakfast when they wake up, then nothing until 6 in the evening when dinner is served at the jail.

Gronski argues that skipping lunch and waking early on trial days is interfering with the judicial process.

“My clients are not getting fair trials,” he said. “What they are doing is giving the state a tactical advantage during trial.”

After one client complained of hunger during a trial, Gronski drafted a motion asking the judge to force the Sheriff to provide lunch.

I am worried that there will be ramifications concerning the above due to the fact that for the most part of this trial that is how JA was supposedly treated. Could this information be used on appeal? God help us!!

Look at the other picture--it's all her

Plus I think if there was a tootsie pop the defense would have pointed it out because it backs up her claim of using them she needs all the back up she can get. I dont believe anything she says unless there is proof.

^^^^^ Winner of the grossest thing to eat EVER!

Take this sentence and then add Take this sentence and then add put a / before the second s.

It'll look like this; Take this sentence and then add

Seems like a lot of work!

Add that to my list of things I won't be doing;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member