trial day 46: the defense continues its case in chief #138

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: Hi all!

Missed the last two weeks of testabusebaloney and WS posts
– I’ve got a lot of catching up to do!!!

Hope we’re getting close to the states’ rebuttal case!

1_display.jpg

:welcomeback: Love the new doooooo

ALV even said, and i think we all know, that the most dangerous time for a DV victim is when they attempt to LEAVE. in this case, TA attempted to 'leave' by telling her to leave him the hell alone. and then she killed him.

fits like a glove to me.

Dang, wrote long post about new questions from jury and lost it because the old thread closed!

Took some screen shots from yesterday. JA was def watching jury. Seemed like she did not scan entire jury; my impression is that she is only focusing in on a couple of jurors.

Below is where I saw her get emotional with ALV's testimony...time ref. is from David Lohr's Youtube video.

I wanted to give a tip of the cap to the moderators, who have been spending a lot of time trying to keep us in line. :pillowfight: :tyou:

Brown-Noser!! :fence::floorlaugh:

will be checking in off and on--I just hope that I don't continue feeling like "I am in an alternate universe when ALV speaks....I just can't figure out where all this DV is coming from--""I
sure don't see it.....I see JA the stalker and TA the man who didn't know he should be afraid---really afraid

What time is court supposed to start?

nursebemee, was that telling us to go to a locked door, getting all the natives stirred up here, some sort of ModSquad humor?

I find that behavior, with my newfound expert knowledge on this topic, abusive. hmmmpf

I don't know why, but I don't think questions are coming from that many. Could be wrong, but a lot of the wording from multiple questions sounds very similar.

If I were on the jury, I wouldn't have asked a thing after Dr. Horn's testimony. Minute I saw the stab wounds to the back, it would have been over. Close up my notebook and dream of sipping mai tais in Cabo.

I'm glad they did though particularly with ALV. I loved the side-glances questions so much!

I read what you said on your other post. The Defense case does have the feel of a work in progress lol.

The whole pedophile thing falls flat and, even if they think it's true, which I doubt, it should have been left out. Could Jodi have forced them to put it in?

Men leading secret lives can become very dangerous. Not only when their secret is threatened with exposure, but also, as ALV said, these men become abusive to their partners in direct proportion to the guilt they feel. These men express guilt as anger at the partner.

We have been taught by the media that if a man is cheating on his wife or girlfriend, it means she is not giving him what he needs at home. Therefore, the woman cheating with him should feel justified and no guilt. The other woman might think differently, though, if she knew that man goes home and abuses his wife because of the guilt he feels.

Leading a double life puts a huge strain on the man, and therefore, on the whole family.

The 'double life' is the heart of the Defense case. They have just not presented it very well.

IMO

Mmm, I don't agree that the media has trained us to blame the woman if the man cheats. At least, not over the last 15 years, but I grew up with the Ricki Lake's, "Girl, you better drop that ZERO and get with a HERO" crowd. lol But seriously, I've seen the opposite. People tend to come to the wife's defense when it's a public spectacle, for instance, and actually get upset when the woman stays with him. You know, like The Good Wife. Women are also learning to blame their man vs the other woman.

I also think that "double life" is a strong phrase. Too strong of a phrase for what was going on in their relationship. When I think of someone leading a "double life," it is in a major way. They have two families, they cross dress and like to get spanked after the sun goes down, they are a teacher by day and a dominatrix by night, etc. Being grown and having sex, but not telling people about it, doesn't feel like a double life to me. Especially considering there are steps to take, within the Mormon church, to "cleanse" yourself of indiscretions. It's not a permanent mark on their record, so to speak. And, wasn't Travis on that path? To make things right?

As an old English major I would like to ask Ms LaViolette what is the difference between the following sentences.

1. Jodi was a liar since she was 14.
2. Jodi was a liar when she was 14.

I am sure I would receive only circumlocution in reply, but gosh that seems so simple.

I wanted to bring this post by Minor4th over from the last thread:

Minor said: I know, a lot of people disagree with me about this. And I must come across as excusing Alyce or feeling sorry for her or something like that, and that is not at all how I feel.

At this point I was going to say I didn't disagree, I just think you're wrong. :floorlaugh:

That said, I think it is professionally and intellectually and morally irresponsible for Alyce to accept only limited information without asking for more context. I think it should have occurred to her at some point that there was more going on here than what Jodi was telling her. I'm not excusing any of that -- I'm just saying I think she was duped initially and that is what got her involved and invested in this case as an advocate for Jodi.

But with that last sentence, now I get it. Thanks for clarifying. That makes total sense.

Question I may have missed.

ALV said there was no evidence of Jodi being an abuser, where is the evidence Travis was other than Jodi's own words????

OMG OMG You all know the relationship I'm having with the bus driver who doesn't we are in a relationship but I say hello to once about a week or so?

I saw him dating someone else today - 8 women all on his bus. :banghead::notgood::notgood: How can he do this to me?

It's drinking time.

My goodness...thought id need a battering ram to break down the door!

Justice for the Alexanders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members