Trial Discussion Thread #22 - 14.04.10, Day 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back Trooper, you are needed.

I am sat waiting in hospital for an operation. Gutted that I will be out for the count on what may be a very interesting day.

:seeya:Best wishes on your op.....hope to see you back very very soon:seeya:

Stuck at work with limited internet access (oh the inconvenience of it!) so relying on you guys for all the details!

Morning,

I'll try and clarify the purpose of kicking the door.

The door is shut and locked, however the door swinging inwards or outwards has no relevance to this.

The kick is made to the fourth panel to the right, and is aimed at the panel in an attempt to break it, the same way as the cricket bat would be used.
Panels do not have an interest or particular strength depending on which way the door opens. The strongest part of the door is the frame (outer section) and the weakest the panels (inner sections).

If you thought you could bust the door open you would the kick the frame of the door on the right, and yes, it would be very difficult to achieve as the door opens the opposite way.

I hope this helps to explain the reason why it would be perfectly logical to kick the door panel from the outside of the toilet.
Talking of the doors .
This is not a big point but will make it anyway .
I doubt his double doors are wheelchair friendly .
A door needs to be at least 800mm wide to be regarded as wheelchair friendly .
That would mean his double doors would need to be at least 1600mm wide ,his look around 1400 wide at most to me from the plans submitted in evidence
There is no point having double doors that a disabled person can't open and close with ease .A wheel chaired bound person could not open the top and bottom bolts required for entry.
Also I couldn't see an elevator or stairlift in the house . So why have wheelchair friendly doors up there . I personally think they were a design feature .

Can someone please tell me the significance of OP prosthetics being on or off at the time of breaking the door with cricket bat. TIA

OP says he was on his stumps when he fired into the door and then put on his prosthetics when he broke it down. The state had originally been claiming he was on his prosthetics when shooting Reeva, showing premeditation and a lack of vulnerability. However, shortly before the trial began then they were forced to concede that he was on his stumps, as it is their ballistics expert's opinion he was on his stumps. So, both sides agree

Dr. Stipp says after the first set of bangs he saw a man walking back and forth in the bathroom and says he could see his torso. But the defense is saying without his prosthetics on it would have been impossible for Dr. Stipp to see that much of OP when he was in the bathroom.

So, unless OP was on his prosthetics to whack the door, and then took them off to shoot Reeva, and then put them back on to carry her downstairs, the only logical explanation is that the first set of sounds was the gunshots because OP already had his prosthetics on when Dr. Stipp saw him.

"I look at Oscar the whole time to see how he is coping, how he is behaving. I'm obsessed with looking at him, it's just instinctive. I can't explain it......I don't know whether he's acting"
June Steenkamp.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-trial-reeva-steenkamps-3394429

Barry Steenkamp to risk death to attend trial. (From the same link above.)

"But June has had to endure the daily nightmare without husband Barry, 69, who has been too ill to travel the 700 miles to Pretoria from their home in Port Elizabeth.

But now the devoted dad has vowed to risk his life to be at his wife’s side.

He said: “I’ve had a stroke and they advised me not to fly, but I want to go. I want to be in court.

"June doesn’t want me to, but I’m making my own plans to get there.”

June fears the stress of the trial could kill her husband, a professional race horse trainer – even though she understands why he wants to make the trip..."

ETA: All very sad, but I don't think Reeva would want her beloved Dad to risk dying to attend.

Also, my previous question was never answered. For all you legal eagles on here, aren't clients usually instructed to stick with "yes" or "no" answers? TIA

Generally speaking, yes that is true and also to keep answer to a minimum to answer the question if a yes or no is not applicable. As a lawyer, I keep wanting to yell at OP to shut up!

Generally speaking, yes that is true and also to keep answer to a minimum to answer the question if a yes or no is not applicable. As a lawyer, I keep wanting to yell at OP to shut up!

if only Baden-Clay will be as verbose, Alioop:please:

Hi all

Been waiting to join for so long!!

Great read of all your thoughts, have to say most "experts" are on the side of the majority in here.
Its so hard without any evidence of a motive for op intentionally killing Reeva. I'm leaning that he was trying to scare her and did recklessly, in a fit of immature, gun ho ness, aggression fire the gun.

Some things not adding up but with those types of personalities,

They do lie over nothing
Get very defensive over nothing
Its all about me me me
Blame (wow on the blame)
Immature
Irresponsible
Insecure

I just get feeling he's annoyed that anyone's even daring to challenge his version of events. The golden boy of SA, has lost his love Reeva so he's the victim. Yes he accidently, "doesn't know how" discharged the gun but he didn't "mean" to, so why are you all being so mean, nasty and blaming me. Poor me.

No taking of responsibility.
Doesn't make him a cold bloodied killer though, but I certainly wouldn't not feel safe as his new girlfriend.

Hi all

Been waiting to join for so long!!

Great read of all your thoughts, have to say most "experts" are on the side of the majority in here.
Its so hard without any evidence of a motive for op intentionally killing Reeva. I'm leaning that he was trying to scare her and did recklessly, in a fit of immature, gun ho ness, aggression fire the gun.

Some things not adding up but with those types of personalities,

They do lie over nothing
Get very defensive over nothing
Its all about me me me
Blame (wow on the blame)
Immature
Irresponsible
Insecure

I just get feeling he's annoyed that anyone's even daring to challenge his version of events. The golden boy of SA, has lost his love Reeva so he's the victim. Yes he accidently, "doesn't know how" discharged the gun but he didn't "mean" to, so why are you all being so mean, nasty and blaming me. Poor me.

No taking of responsibility.
Doesn't make him a cold bloodied killer though, but I certainly wouldn't not feel safe as his new girlfriend\

:seeya:seeya: welcome aboard!!! you will love it...it's both informative and entertaining..looking forward to more of your posts.:seeya::seeya:
from an old-timer of one month!!!!

nel...... if we deal with this scene, evening of 13, 14 feb.. only two people in the house.. one is dead. you are the only one who can tell us .. we have to rely on you for the insight into the relationship...

ive had a look at your relationship.. jan and feb.. how would you describe it??

Oscar.. Ide describe it as good.. we were starting to open up, trust each other. learn more about each other..

Nel. end of jan. beginning of Feb.. that's when there were arguments about what was important to you. all about you.

Oscar.. I think our relationship got stronger. they weren't arguments.. they didn't turn into fights..

Nel. apart from boo boo ba ba... you never seem to write long messages..

Oscar.. I was on my phone for other reasons.. I didn't write, I spoke on the phone to her..

Yay!

Mr. Nell brings CROSS~ !! Finally!

OP's voice inflection has DEF shifted...

Let's Rock and ROll!!!!

Ugh - Oscar didn't get the pointers I was hoping he would get overnight.

Nel.. the phrase twice... I love you , never appeared..??

Oscar .. that's right.. I never got the chance to tell her

Nel. would you agree, that the arguments were about what YOU wanted, what YOU did..

Oscar.. I cant recall. I take responsibility.. for the arguments being my fault, my shortcomings...

Nel. your life is whats about you. your life shouldn't get in the media, etc...

Oscar.. it was about both of us..

Oscar sounds heavily medicated, or else in a sort of fugue.

Nel is really bugging me now - he's asking taunting and mocking questions that really have nothing at all to do with guilt or innocence

Nel.. the phrase twice... I love you , never appeared..??

Oscar .. that's right.. I never got the chance to tell her

Nel. would you agree, that the arguments were about what YOU wanted, what YOU did..

Oscar.. I cant recall. I take responsibility.. for the arguments being my fault, my shortcomings...

Nel. your life is whats about you. your life shouldn't get in the media, etc...

Oscar.. it was about both of us..

Oscar sounds heavily medicated, or else in a sort of fugue.

I think having on the record that he never told Reeva he loved her is a good point .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea