Trial Thread 4/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
10:02
Mike Knoll: @guest - there seems to be a great amount of interest in the trial. As a random example, the Day 18 feed had 12,099 live readers and has now been replayed 7,789 times.
10:01
Comment From Guest
Wow 7k. Thats alot of viewers
9:59
Mike Knoll: @Don - right now 2,010 - it grows over the course of the day. Usually peaks at 7K.
9:58
Comment From Don
How many viewers today Mike?

BBM

This is a "suggestion" by MR's lawyer and it has not been proven that TLM ever said that or if she did say something of the sort, there is no context because it's hearsay. That could have been a revelation that she made to a counsellor and since TLM was not too shy about letting people know that she was dealing with these violent feelings, it could have been her way of letting the counselor know that she was still dealing with these demons and still needing help with the issue. Perhaps she was passing on information from a counselling session to her godmother, who, for whatever reason, chose to tell the defense about it. Was she contacted or did she contact them? Will she be called as a witness for the defense? Possibly. Just goes to show that TLM had no one in her corner to confide in, that's for sure.

I wonder how many of MR's relatives are going to tell the truth about him both regarding the time frame around this crime and over the years as he was growing up?

MOO

I was pretty sure that TLM told her Grandma and that MR lawyer mentioned it to TLM on the stand and she didn't deny it. Not 100% sure though.

Yes it would be great if the family members on both sides are honest. Justice needs to be served.

Mike Knoll:- Tori's parents are present more than 90% of the time. Someone from Tori's family is always at the courthouse during the trial.

RaffertyLFP: Trial is resuming Waiting for jury to come in

RaffertyLFP: Ann Tweedie is the next witness

RaffertyLFP: Tweedie is a Waterloo resident but lived in Guelph and Drayton

We're started. The crown has called Ann Tweedie.

10:03
Mike Knoll: @guest - Tori's parents are present more than 90% of the time. Someone from Tori's family is always at the courthouse during the trial.
10:03
Comment From Guest
Toris parents continue to come everyday?

RaffertyLFP: Ann Tweedie is the next witness [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Tweedie met Rafferty when she was 11 years old in Grade 6 Rafferty was a neighbour and lived with aunt and uncle

RaffertyLFP: Tweedie said she and Rafferty were friends and walked to school together

She currently lives in Waterloo. Met Rafferty at age 11 in Dratyon.

She and Rafferty lived on the same block in Drayton. They were close friends. They walked to school together.

RaffertyLFP: Tweedie is a Waterloo resident but lived in Guelph and Drayton [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Tweedie met Rafferty when she was 11 years old in Grade 6 Rafferty was a neighbour and lived with aunt and uncle [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Tweedie said she and Rafferty were friends and walked to school together [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Tweedie said Rafferty moved to Toronto shortly after - believed he was originally from there. He would come back to visit once in a while

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
In grade 7, Rafferty moved to Toronto. She would visit with Rafferty on holidays after that.

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty is smiling during Tweedie's testimony -looks pleased

The visits stopped in 2004. She started emailing him.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Tweedie says #Rafferty would return annually to visit on special occasions after leaving Drayton in Grade 7. #sl

Ann Tweedie is on stand. She knew #Rafferty in grade 6. They walked to school together #sl

Court resumes focusing on #Rafferty's connection to Mt. Forest area where Tori Stafford's remains were found. #sl

Some things that TLM has said that makes no sense to me. She says that she blamed MR for the one whom used the hammer on Tori because she didn't want to believe that she was capable of doing that herself. But then she says that she would do it again. The only regret is that the person was a child.

Her first story MR killed Tori
So what would TLM be wanting to do again? Kidnap someone for a man to have his way and then he kill the person? This makes no sense to me as what sick pleasure would TLM get from this?
I believe her second story that she killed Tori. She would do it again because for some sick reason she got a thrill out of hammering an innocent person.

Which leaves her story to me unbelievable as she also said that MR and her used a car wash to wash out the car and change clothes but there is no evidence of this happening.

However for MR not to report what he "saw" makes me believe his was totally involved. With a rape or not this man knew all along where Tori's body was and did nothing to help police and her family. He didn't stop anything therefore he deserves to rot in jail for 25 years or heck more if it is possible. JMO

I loved this post! Particularly the part I bolded above! You just put into words something I have been thinking for weeks - how does one say they will "do it again" if they did not do it in the first place? I too believe that TLM was the one who killed Tori.

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty is smiling during Tweedie's testimony -looks pleased [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Tweedie said she started e-mailing Rafferty in 2000- they also visited in Drayton

RaffertyLFP: Tweedie last saw Rafferty in Christmas 2004 He told her he was living in Guelph and working in restaurant and was teaching dance

The emails were not frequent. She hasn't seen him since Christmas, 2004.

Rafferty told her he was teaching dance.

RaffertyLFP: In 2006 Rafferty spotted Tweedie's profile on Plenty of Fish also connected on Facebook and MSN messenger

RaffertyLFP: Tweedie said Rafferty appeared to by living in Guelph in 2007

They reconnected on Plenty of Fish in 2006. They became Facebook friends,

RaffertyLFP: In March 4 2009 Rafferty sent message on MSN messenger Said he was dating girl from Drayton Seemed happy and wanted to marry her

Rafferty was living in Guelph at the time. The last online communication was in March, 2009. Over MSN.

Rafferty told her he was dating Alexis Lane. He said he thought he would marry her.

Tweedie says last time she saw Rafferty was Christmas 2004 in Drayton, ON. Kept in touch online afterwards #sl

BBM

This is a "suggestion" by MR's lawyer and it has not been proven that TLM ever said that or if she did say something of the sort, there is no context because it's hearsay. That could have been a revelation that she made to a counsellor and since TLM was not too shy about letting people know that she was dealing with these violent feelings, it could have been her way of letting the counselor know that she was still dealing with these demons and still needing help with the issue. Perhaps she was passing on information from a counselling session to her godmother, who, for whatever reason, chose to tell the defense about it. Was she contacted or did she contact them? Will she be called as a witness for the defense? Possibly. Just goes to show that TLM had no one in her corner to confide in, that's for sure.

I wonder how many of MR's relatives are going to tell the truth about him both regarding the time frame around this crime and over the years as he was growing up?

MOO

Does anyone know if MTR's relatives are going to testify. I wonder if they are standing behind him/feel he is innocent.

RaffertyLFP: Tweedie said Rafferty never mentioned Tor Stafford or McClinitic - she is excused

Tweedie and Lane were Facebook friends, but not close.

She says Drayton is about 25 minutes from Mount Forest. He never mentioned McClintic or Tori to her. No more questions.

RaffertyLFP: Next witness is Jennifer Etsell

The crown has called Jennifer Etsell. Stephanie Venne will be asking the questions.

RaffertyLFP: Etsell is 30 and a medical secretary who lives in Hanover

RaffertyLFP: Etsell lives with her two children She met Rafferty in March 2006 on Plenty of Fish

She's a medical secretary. Lives in Hanover, and has for 28 years. Lives with her two children and grandmother

I was pretty sure that TLM told her Grandma and that MR lawyer mentioned it to TLM on the stand and she didn't deny it. Not 100% sure though.

Yes it would be great if the family members on both sides are honest. Justice needs to be served.

It was actually her godmother. I have no idea what kind of person CM would have chosen for a godmother to TLM but you are correct, she did not deny saying that. What is missing is when she said it and the context. Was she upset that she felt that way or was she revelling in what she had done? Was she reaching out for help or bragging? It needs context IMO.

MOO

RaffertyLFP: Next witness is Jennifer Etsell

The crown has called Jennifer Etsell. Stephanie Venne will be asking the questions.

RaffertyLFP: Etsell is 30 and a medical secretary who lives in Hanover

Oh isn't this the one that said he was into bondage or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname