Trial Thread 4/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
RaffertyLFP: They exchanged message and phone numbers. Rafferty profile said he "was looking for Christian girls" and "wore his heart on his sleeve

RaffertyLFP: Etsell said she first met Rafferty in mid-April She waited 45 minutes for him to come out of his apartment and they drove to Guelph

She met Rafferty on Plenty of Fish in 2006. His profile said he was looking for Christian girls.

Has anyone thought why he would not just have filled his tank prior to the abduction since he knew from the morning what he was going to do or why he didn't have the garbage bags and hammer already in the car since everyone knows that Home Depot has cameras all over the place and so do gas stations, BECAUSE HE KNEW HE WAS GOING TO MAKE IT LOOK like exactly what he is claiming it to be right now. This is not only murder IMO it is premeditated

Plenty of Fish is getting a lot of free advertising... I know if I was single I would NOT be using that site after following this trial JMO

RaffertyLFP: Etsell said they went to tattoo parlor but it was booked up and they went to dinner Said his licence was suspended

She worked in Mount Forest. She drove to Guelph to pick him up. He tried to get a tattoo, but parlor was booked up.

Etsell believed they were dating. Lasted about 5 months. Ended August, 2006.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Jennifer Etsell on stand. Met #Rafferty on Plenty of Fish. Says Rafferty's said was looking for christian girls, wore heart on sleeve #sl

RaffertyLFP: Etsell said they dated for about four months. Rafferty claimed he wanted to be a paramedic but was teaching dance and working landscape

He said he was trying to be a paramedic, but was working in landscaping. Also said he was a dance teacher.

RaffertyLFP: Etsell said she would typically pick him up Friday nights driving down Hwy 6 from Hanover to Guelph

She said she had to drive him around, his license was suspended. She would take highway six between the two places.

Probably not relevant, but I wish Tweedie would have been asked about why MTR wasn't living with his parents.

I wonder how many of these women had young children.

RaffertyLFP: Tweedie said Rafferty appeared to by living in Guelph in 2007

They reconnected on Plenty of Fish in 2006. They became Facebook friends,

RaffertyLFP: In March 4 2009 Rafferty sent message on MSN messenger Said he was dating girl from Drayton Seemed happy and wanted to marry her

Rafferty was living in Guelph at the time. The last online communication was in March, 2009. Over MSN.

Rafferty told her he was dating Alexis Lane. He said he thought he would marry her.

BBM

While simultaneously stringing TLM along for sex and drugs. Nice guy.

MOO

RaffertyLFP: Etsell is pointing out route from Hanover to Guelph that she usually took along Hwy 6 thru Fergus Arthur Mount Forest

She said she had to drive him around, his license was suspended. She would take highway six between the two places.

I wish we were privy to the why and the how every single one of these relationships ended.

The route Etsell took is significant, because it would take the two of them near to site where Tori's remains were found #sl

Etsell says she would pick up #Rafferty from Guelph and drive him to her home in Hanover. Would take Hwy 6 #sl

Has anyone thought why he would not just have filled his tank prior to the abduction since he knew from the morning what he was going to do or why he didn't have the garbage bags and hammer already in the car since everyone knows that Home Depot has cameras all over the place and so do gas stations, BECAUSE HE KNEW HE WAS GOING TO MAKE IT LOOK like exactly what he is claiming it to be right now. This is not only murder IMO it is premeditated

I don't think there is evidence that he was filling his car at the Esso, just cutting through. And how would he know that they would be successful in finding a child THAT day? That's why he wasn't prepared IMO. It was an attempt at an abduction that just happened to work out. That's also why he had to keep his "appointment" with his drug dealer. It was already pre-planned but also provided him with an alibi as to where he was. Which is why he chose that day to attempt the abduction IMO. Would have worked perfectly too if not for that CASS video.

MOO

They went to Niagara Falls as their only out of town trip. Mount Forest to Guelph took them about an hour each time.

No more questions from Venne.

RaffertyLFP: No more questions for Etsell Derstine's cross - He asks if they ever strayed off Hwy 6 She says no

Derstine asks if they went on "frolics on country roads, or just stayed on highway six.". She said just on highway six. No more questions.

The jury has been excused so lawyers can discuss a legal matter. No tweets until they return.

RaffertyLFP: Jury is excused while a legal matter is discussed

Plenty of Fish is getting a lot of free advertising... I know if I was single I would NOT be using that site after following this trial JMO

If I was single before this trial I wouldn't have used an online dating site. This is pretty much why. These sites have always creeped me out. You never know what you'll meet up with. People can be whoever they want online.

I loved this post! Particularly the part I bolded above! You just put into words something I have been thinking for weeks - how does one say they will "do it again" if they did not do it in the first place? I too believe that TLM was the one who killed Tori.

I believe she did as well. I had wondered if either Tori may have had an accident which sent TLM into rage and she started the attack, or if it started as a sexual assault by TLM. I think the suddenly being on the ground, and walking Tori to go to the bathroom are lies. JMO

RaffertyLFP: Jury is excused while a legal matter is discussed [via Twitter]

Why was his license suspended or is that another lie?

Derstine asks a couple quick questions about whether she strayed off Hwy 6 and how well she knew area. #sl

I believe she did as well. I had wondered if either Tori may have had an accident which sent TLM into rage and she started the attack, or if it started as a sexual assault by TLM. I think the suddenly being on the ground, and walking Tori to go to the bathroom are lies. JMO

An accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member