trial thread: 4/18/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang! This trial isn't easy to follow. I'll have to get what I missed after lunch from InSession before the trial starts tomorrow.

Dang! This trial isn't easy to follow. I'll have to get what I missed after lunch from InSession before the trial starts tomorrow.

You haven't missed much. It has been tame and more like a hearing than a trial. No one has been too emotional, no outbursts, nada.

Yep, she did. Without tears. I still find her so unbelievable.

Were you paying attention to what what being said when she cried? That was in the recording of the call between her and Logan when she told Logan what a horrible woman Hannah's mother is - a drunk, a drug user, etc.

I don't think Jack knew she ever talked about his daughter (Hannah's birth mother - Jack's daughter Nikki) like that before, and she was crying for herself that she was in big trouble with her family when they found out.

Hope they laid into her good.... Just shows how far she was willing to go to get Gabriel - to even sell out her own step-daughter!

So confusing. Logan was crying around the same time - and I got the tingles. I thought it was because of the background sounds. I heard a baby - not a 4 year old on that call. Or a baby and the 4 year old. I think Gabriel was maybe not supposed to be there at the time of that call - I am unsure though. But when the baby sounds came Logan lost it somewhat as well. I think Baby Gabriel is on that tape. If I was on that jury - I would have had like 50 questions for Logan. Like why did you start crying at certain times when listening to that tape just now - for one. And so many more. Watch - the jurors probably won't even have one question for Tammi either. Arizonans are either over the top assertive or almost mute. No mid-line here.

I wanted to mention for those of you wondering about late start times, breaks, lunch... etc.

When I was chosen to be a juror in a criminal case here in Phoenix, court started everyday at 10:30. Lunch was always at least 1 hour some days they gave us as much as 2 hrs and we also got a couple of 10-15 minute breaks. Most days we were released for the day around 4:30 only once or twice we stayed a little later. We also had Fridays off. I'm not sure if that is the case with all trials/Judges but it was when I was a juror. I guess we will find out in a few days. I remember at the time I thought with the late start time, all the breaks and long lunches it made the trial longer than it needed to be.

We were also able to write down questions. If any of us had questions, the Judge and Attorney's would read them (quietly amongst themselves) and decide if they were going to be asked/answered.

I hope I was able to answer some questions for those wondering :)

Yeah I thought when this trial started Judge said it was slated to end the 16th. Well that was the starting date so I guess May 16th. One month. I have no idea though - things do not seem to be tanscribed or dated the way other trials are. Just play a tape - and guess when it was recorded. Judge says we should really get these things transcribed before playing - then they play more. Still no transcripts. More like a free for all than a trial. Gotta love how Judge asks the jurors if they would like to submit any questions to the witness - Going once... Going twice... No?
Wild Wild West , indeed.

I think AZ just has high conviction rate. People here tend to figure if someone did nothing wrong - they would not have been arrested. Jury probably already made up their minds - and trial is all formality.

I know the judge really complained that the jury could not understand most of the calls because of the poor quality. We can use headphones and replay them if we want, they can'. The judge also mentioned getting transcripts. Beth Karas said on InSession that it is likely we will hear the tapes and the jury will have transcripts at a later time. I sure hope that, if that is so, we get to read the transcripts as well.

One thing really strikes me, though. Elizabeth is a classic abuser... physically and mentally. Like many abusers, she would go off on Logan and then apologize and he bought it, perhaps for Gabriel. She also blames him for setting her off. Typical abuser.

I'm sure this will come to the forefront in her pending trial.

As for this trial, it's obvious that the defense is villifying Elizabeth to make THIS defendant look like an angel, out to "save" the baby.

The calls they are playing do not have anything to do with the charges we're here for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown