Trial Thread 4/20/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go soon, for a funeral, but just wanted to thank you all again for keeping us updated.

Hoping these are multi-tasking people with good attention spans and great memories.

While I understand how taking notes could be distracting, I still think important points need to be jotted down. I'm afraid some of it will get lost if the defense is dragged out for a long period.

I hope so too. In my experience there is always at least one person on a jury who is good with note taking......most often this person becomes the foreperson. Others will rely on their memory and may refer to their notes and if anything is unclear, they can always ask the judge to have whatever part of the testimony re read to them.

I have total faith in this jury.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Court set to resume at #Rafferty trial. Yesterday Crown established calls Rafferty made day Tori disappeared, today: what was said #sl

We're nearing the end of the Blackberry chapter and one more chapter after that.

The Chapters are listed on Page 1 of this thread. 1st. post. HTH

Doh! I really should pay more attention. Thanks.

I'm guessing court will be adjourned until Tuesday once the Crown is finished.

Good-morning.

attachment.php

Ohhhhhhh sooooo beautiful
Thanks Wondergirl

I LOVE the pictures of precious Tori you and n/t put on here XOXO

Still a silent courtroom. Jury has not arrived.

RaffertyLFP: Michael Rafferty hasn't arrived in court yet

We're being told that due to a delay in prisoner transportation, Michael Rafferty will be 20-30 minutes behind this morning.

Colin Butler ‏ @CBCColinButler

#Rafferty trial expected to be delayed this morning by a half hour because transport for accused is late. #sl

RaffertyLFP: Michael Rafferty hasn't arrived in court yet. [via Twitter]

bbm

IMO, the evidence is pretty solid as far as MR being at the location of the crime and also the testimony TLM gave as far as the route taken. It all jells so this is why the defense did not argue whether MR was actually there, so IMO the only thing the jury has to discuss is whether TLM in fact coaxed him and if she did why did he lie and get rid of evidence and never go to LE...I think this case is already over.

Just for a moment...when MR did not show up...I was wondering...

Is it to much to hope that Rafferty had a change of heart and would plea/plead GUILTY??

Then I came to my senses...

Right, but I'm curious if the defense will start today or on Tues.

I seriously doubt they will start today. They'll probably want a "break" before their <modsnip> show. IMO

9:51
spacer.gif
Mike Knoll:
@guest - yes.

Friday April 20, 2012 9:51 Mike Knoll

9:51
spacer.gif
[Comment From guest guest : ]

Has Rodney and Tara been there at all this week?

Is it to much to hope that Rafferty had a change of heart and would plea GUILTY??

I was wondering too, but not that he had a change of heart. I'm not so sure there is a heart in there. I was wondering more if he had tried suicide.

Is it to much to hope that Rafferty had a change of heart and would plea/plead GUILTY??

More likely he and his lawyer are planning their strategy fron the copious notes he made yesterday. JMO

isnt that strange that he has not arrived yet.....he usually is there on time

Mike Knoll: - it's strange in the sense that it hasn't happened before but I'd assume it's due to factors out of his control as he is in custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab