Tru-TV/IN session Caylee Anthony coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Media outlets argument there are least restrictive alternatives. . . . can HHBP subjective opinion about what keeps kc's rights as well as media.

Dianna T says Jury selection is a very boring event for the media because you can't take pictures of prospective jurors anyway . . . they will just be spending the day . . . they just want to make a point rather than the practicalities in this case

Ryan S said Judges have not filed a stay . . . so no delay as of yet.
playing clips of HHBP saying take an evidentiary hearing . . .If I am wrong, I am wrong and the Dist. Court of Appeals will tell me I am wrong . . . evidentiary hearing . . . DT file a continuance . . .delay . . . gag order . . . cooling off period.

Limitation on access . . . not publish the location . . . person on the street inteview . . oversaturation of news accounts . . . what purpose do you want to find out before time . . . set up your trucks before time . . . publish it, increase ratings, stories about the make up of that particular location without consideration for defendants due process rights for a fair trial.

Jean C. saying it will be very simple . . . either 3 judge panel will grant it or deny it

Expediancy for 3 judge panel will either vacate it or deny it . . .there are other ways the jury could be tainted.

Of course the media will say the public has a right to know . . . kc's rights to due process trumps it .. per Casey J. She thinks HHBP's balancing act is best but it is not written in stone . . .that is why they call them judges

I love how they just keep showing what media is involved with this appeal!!

First time a confidentiality agreement ever been made in a court. . . setting precedent for the future according to Jean C

WOFL and WKMG and Central Fl. news dropped out, not part of the appeal process.

Mike B said Dianna T thinks it will be West Palm Beach Palm Beach County. Costs play into it? Not a big factor . . .

Dianna T said a logistical mess when trial starts . . .why step on Judge's toes?

New orders will be coming out today regarding public decorum!

Breaking News . . . HHBP will issue 2 orders today . . 1 will be instructions for the media . . .and public(?) and 2) will be designated areas around the courthouse.

Showing clips of JB talking w/Ryan S. re: media parking across the street from his property . . . a lot of negativity began, have to put people in their place if they are hurting you or your clients . . . "this is the guy that is keeping us from getting the story?" Yea

Fm news thread: Walensky will be interviewing Jose Baez Casey Anthony's Lawyer over at the Cuban Restaurant "Numero Uno"- already chatted up the owner

Robyn Walensky rpts the owner of the Orlando cuban restaurant "Numero Uno" psyched to meet Casey Anthony lawyer Jose Baez who'se headed here

Robyn Walensky rpts Casey Anthony Lawyer Jose Baez about to meet w.reporters at "Numero Uno" Cuban Restaurant in Orlando. Loads-O-ques 4him

http://twitter.com/#!/WDBO

Clip of JB saying he is just a story to the media and is always in harms way. Fine line between free press and Defendants 6th amendment to a fair trial . . . discovery shouldn't be issued to media while investigation going on . . document dumps, press releases . . . when I am criticized to rebut that . . . .

Wow. This is a full-on, pull-out-all-the-stops media blitz they are on!

They must be very, very worried about their chances in the courtroom. :giggle:

Casey J. saying a delay may look good for the defense but she thinks they want this to get started.

If order is vacated . .what kind of delays could we be looking at? Jean C says subjective issue . . taint the jury pool how much . .can they go forward tomorrow?

Who's affected on Prosecution if there is a delay . . . Dianna T says it is huge amt of work getting both sides witnesses scheduled . . 3 experienced prosecutors giving full time work on this case . . . even if Appellate court says go ahead and release info (vacate the order) then the press will release info right away but may not taint the jury.

Mike B says if media does Man on Street interviews it would be overkill and not looked upon in a good light by general public. There are people that don't watch tv and don't know kc at all.

We want to make sure this doesn't go to appeal, kc given fair & impartial trial.

:blowkiss: Mike Brooks! Everyone needs to back off a little! Let this happen!

Clip of JB saying he is just a story to the media and is always in harms way. Fine line between free press and Defendants 6th amendment to a fair trial . . . discovery shouldn't be issued to media while investigation going on . . document dumps, press releases . . . when I am criticized to rebut that . . . .

Isn't discovery released when the State has completed that portion of their investigation. And would it not benefit his client, if she were innocent, that by this same release of information it is possible someone could come forward for the defense with some information that would help his client. If she is guilty of the crime charged she is still receiving a fair trial. A fair trial does not mean your client will get off scotfree.

Softtail . . you are awesome . . .seems you are picking up the stuff I am not! (Love It!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici