GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #14

I don't know if you've read any other cases here since joining. But most of us realize the MSM reports, especially very early on, are just full of errors and can change. My understanding was that the family searching was going on kind of simultaneously but at different parts of the neighborhood obviously. :(
I'm sorry you have to recount these things. If it is helpful for you to do so please do. But if it's painful, don't do it just on our account.

I'm also in England :seeya:

I think of Alanna everytime I see a 'Bluebell'

Sunlight-on-the-enchanted-forest-of-bluebells.jpg

Miles, I wanted to share with you that at first, in teh initial hours of coverage when news first broke that Alanna was missing and she was part of a less than traditional family unit, I was a bit concerned and suspicious. That suspicious response had to do with some poly amorous parents I know in my own life and those impressions were not positive about those individuals.

While I did not say or suggest hateful or hurtful things about your family I was one who did view you all with suspicion. Partly because those others from my life I mentioned but mostly because here we read every day about the horrific things parents do to their own beautiful babies.

Please accept my sincere condolences and continuing prayers for your family over the loss of such a lovely light so soon and my deep appreciation for your willingness to share with us as you have.

I'm not real good with condolences and other "mushy" stuff, but I just wanted to say that I hope the gratitude you feel for having her in your lives for the time you did outweighs the grief you have for losing her. She sounds like a pretty special little girl.

One example that has bothered us was the claim that we didn't even look for her until after that *advertiser censored* had dumped her by the side of the road. This was completely incorrect. That was the *fourth* time we had looked.

The first, was a little later in the afternoon, as a meal was being prepared. Her older sister went to a few of Alanna's friends' houses to look for her, but didn't find her.

The second, Laura took the older sister out, in the car, and drove the neighborhood. Since this was still before Alanna's usual "be back by" time (6p), it wasn't a huge concern. We made sure that her share of the meal was set aside, for her to have when she got back.

The third involved driving further out, in case she had gone to the nearby park. By this time, she should have been back. She was wearing her watch (which was found at that *advertiser censored*'s house), and she had always been given instruction to be home by 6. By this point, we were starting to get worried.

The fourth involved Karl and Laura going door-to-door through the neighborhood, as it was approaching dark, while I waited at the house. We were very worried at this time, as, even if she had forgotten to check the time, surely she would have noticed it getting darker outside, and come home. It was at this time that they spotted the police cars, and approached them for help. This last time is the one that was typically reported as "when we looked for her".

Thanks for sharing this info. As I have read details here, I kept thinking "why wasn't anyone watching her/looking for her?" (I apologize for how accusatory that sounds.) It sucks that media didn't get the whole timeline of the searches right. It's so hard as a parent to walk that fine line between protecting our kids and socially crippling them. I'm alarmed by these late-teenage kids attacking and murdering our little ones...something in our society must be influencing this behavior. I hope it can be identified and stopped so no more families have to suffer as yours has.

We were told by the lawyers that he had acted alone, and had said so in his confession. He borrowed a car to move her.

Miles, I can't fully express my sympathy for you and your family. I can imagine that you have dealt with immense grief and acute anger. I wish all of you well. My daughter is 8, and I have trouble letting her out of my sight because of what happened to Alanna. How protective should parents be? It seems like you might have a good perspective on that.

Miles--I'm sorry you had to see the ugly posts, and glad you saw that they weren't the only posts. I was more emotionally involved in Alanna's case than anything I've been involved with online. It only took me a few of Laura's LJ posts to know exactly what kind of people you guys were, and I've never been more sure in my gut of anyone's innocence (and I said so here in a lot of different ways). I'm so sorry you had to live the Hollywood nightmare of this horrific crime and then the reactionary witch hunt.

Miles, best wishes to you and yours. My 8 year old daughter wears a "Soft Kitty" sleep shirt to bed and she loves to sing the little song from "Big Bang Theory" I sing it with her with joy, but never without a little tug at my heart because I think of Sweet Alanna every. single. time.

She will not be forgotten.

Your neighbors in McKinney

I dreamed about this family last night.
I hope and pray that you can have a Christmas with at least some joy and some smiles and that the other children can get wrapped up in the magic of the spirit, even if it is temporary.

I can't believe yesterday marked 4 years since Beautiful Alanna was taken. After my husband passed last year, I started some clearing out. I went through our bookcases and donated 5 large boxes of books to the British Heart Foundation. I said I would do something for Alanna a long time ago but life kinda got me distracted for a while. I just wanted to say that I did it, eventually!

I think of you often sweetie!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back