GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #14

Tyler Holder will not go on trial. He reached a plea deal for life on killing Alanna & 40 yrs for attempted murder on P.Officer and 20 yrs. on another charge. This was announced minutes ago on local ABC affiliate in DFW. (www.wfaa.com) will provide link when it is up.

Wow, FLtwinmom, you were fast., Thank you.

Tyler Holder will not go on trial. He reached a plea deal for life on killing Alanna & 40 yrs for attempted murder on P.Officer and 20 yrs. on another charge. This was announced minutes ago on local ABC affiliate in DFW. (www.wfaa.com) will provide link when it is up.

Consecutive or concurrent sentences, I wonder?

I was shocked when I saw that, I was waiting for the trial in October. Do they usually consult with the family of the victim before they offer a plea deal? Maybe her parents did not want to have to go through a trial, I can't imagine how hard that would be on them. I feel so bad for her family, may she RIP, what a precious little girl.

So glad he pleaded guilty and will spend his life in prison, sparing her family from having to sit through the trials.

Kaelee

:grouphug:

Didn't expect this today. I think when this sinks in I may see it as in the families best interests, I don't give a *%&# about TH, just I hope he never sees the sun, the stars, the blue sky, smell the flowers all the things he took away from beautiful Alanna.

:grouphug:

Didn't expect this today. I think when this sinks in I may see it as in the families best interests, I don't give a *%&# about TH, just I hope he never sees the sun, the stars, the blue sky, smell the flowers all the things he took away from beautiful Alanna.

I was furious until I read you post, skibaboo. Thanks for putting it in perspective. Prayers for her family...

He won't live that long. JMO

My hope is he does every single day of those 50 years and gets struck by lightening the day he's released:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he'll do 50 years...I don't think he'll live through the first year.:waiting:

My hope is he does every single day of those 50 years and gets struck by lightening the day he's released:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the way you think!

o

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09/04/6093314/arlington-officer-fully-recovered.html?rh=1

Arlington police officer Charles Lodatto, who was shot in the femoral artery while helping to arrest a Saginaw murder suspect in July 2013, said Thursday that he was satisfied with the suspect’s guilty plea. “I believe Tyler Holder will have a minimum of 50 years he has to serve before he is even eligible for parole and so I think he has a long time to do some soul-searching,” Lodatto said Thursday at Arlington police headquarters...

Holder pulled a gun, and another task force member bear-hugged him in an attempt to neutralize the threat. But the gun went off, and Lodatto was struck. Lodatto remembers blood “shooting” out of his pants... FBI Special Agent Andy Farrell took off Lodatto’s belt and used it to tie a tourniquet on his leg...

“I have fully recovered,” he said matter-of-factly... “Good first responders and a great trauma surgeon put me back together real quickly,” he said.

Laura Gallagher's victim impact statement - powerful:

After Holder pleaded guilty and was sentenced, Alanna's mother, Laura Gallagher, read a lengthy victim impact statement. In it, she called Alanna "a treasure."

"She was loved and loving more in her brief life than many are their whole life. She cared about people. She brightened every room she was in," Gallagher said, adding, "that's been taken away from the world. And it's your fault."

[She told him] that while his going away to prison means he can’t hurt other children, “it does not repay for what you have done.”

"No matter how much suffering you undergo in prison, it won't be as much as all the people who knew and loved Alanna have been, and will continue to be suffering," Gallagher said. "I hope you remember this, and that you live with shame for what you have done, every day that you live, every day that Alanna is gone from us." http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09/04/6092220/teen-pleads-guilty-to-killing.html?rh=1
http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/c...alanna-gallagher-murder-arson-saginaw-guilty/

Link to the lengthy, intense statement embedded above and linked here (It is well worth the read): http://www.tarrantda.com/wp-content...was-killed-by-defendant-Tyler-Lane-Holder.pdf

I hope that everyday in prison feels like an eternity of being tortured by his conscience. I really hope he is haunted by what he did, every time he sees his reflection, and in the wee hours of the night, and on waking every morning. I want him to wrestle with what a rotten disgusting person he was the day he murdered Alanna. And if he has no remorse, I hope he chokes and suffocates.

Oh my, that is very powerful, absolutely brilliant. Huge respect to LG. Thank you for posting that gitana.

YOUR FAULT TH, wow. So emotional :(

Never forget you Alanna, even via the internet, even through just details, little videos, stories I read. Alanna was a very special, and greatly loved little girl. RIP :rose:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back