GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #14

Autopsy: Slain Saginaw girl had been immersed in water

<snipped>

Alanna Gallagher, the 6-year-old girl who was killed in July after disappearing while playing in her Saginaw neighborhood, had been immersed in water before her body was found, according to an autopsy report obtained by the Star-Telegram.

Whether the body was immersed before or after the girl&#8217;s death &#8212; and whether it was an attempt to wash away evidence &#8212; remains unclear.

The autopsy report, completed in late October, says that the girl&#8217;s body, hair and clothing were wet when she was found and that the surfaces of her hands and feet indicated that she&#8217;d been immersed for a prolonged period.

She died, however, from asphyxia caused by four plastic Wal-Mart sacks placed over her head, then secured with red tape wrapped around her neck and head.

<snipped>

The body showed evidence of sexual assault, including the presence of sperm.

She had head and face trauma, as well as abrasions and bruising on parts of her body, some suggestive of fingertip injuries to her lower abdomen, according to the autopsy report.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/11/13/5333711/slain-saginaw-girl-had-been-immersed.html?storylink=addthis#.UoP_MKHwX5A.facebook&rh=1

My 600th post is dedicated to you Alanna, RIP sweetie <3

<snipped>

<snipped>

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/11/13/5333711/slain-saginaw-girl-had-been-immersed.html?storylink=addthis#.UoP_MKHwX5A.facebook&rh=1

My 600th post is dedicated to you Alanna, RIP sweetie <3

I wonder if perp thought he would hide her until a later time and then try to move her or perhaps , in a rush, thought hiding her in water was good enough. Then he came down from being high ( speculative ) and realized it was not a good long term hiding place.

Did he have a pool in his backyard? How did he clean his mom's car so well after using it to transport her body IF she was wet which also means the tarp was wet. I've dealt with many wet tarps and everything sticks to it, mud, leaves, etc. What a . I can't read the article right now. Thank you skibaboo.

As far as I know we never saw any pool in the Holder yard. Is there any chance she was simply submerged in a bathtub? (Sorry.) If it's a newer home it might have had those "garden" tubs, which can be quite deep. Since we know LE took water samples and spa chemicals from the Gallagher home, I wonder if it's as simple as he submerged her in a bathtub full of water, adding some kind of bleach-based household cleaner (if not bleach itself) to try to destroy evidence. So LE smells the bleach on her and thinks maybe pool or hottub (hence those water samples and the seized bathing suits).

Edit: matou, wasn't she in also inside a lawn/garbage bag? (I've forgotten now, between initial rumors + arrest warrant). If so, that might have contained most of the remaining liquid, leaving the exterior of the rolled tarp dry, in theory.

That is what I am thinking too Ariane, knowing what we do about TH, it feels plausible.

6yxy.jpg

“She was a wonderful, bright, beautiful little girl,” Laura Gallagher said. “We love her and miss her with all our heart.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/1...this#.UoP_MKHwX5A.facebook&rh=1#storylink=cpy

emoticons-1_zps0f62c35f.jpg

Posted Thursday, Nov. 14, 2013
By Deanna Boyd -

Alanna Gallagher, the 6-year-old girl who was killed in July after disappearing while playing in her Saginaw neighborhood, had been immersed in water before her body was found, according to an autopsy report obtained by the Star-Telegram.

She died, however, from asphyxia caused by four plastic Wal-Mart sacks placed over her head, then secured with red tape wrapped around her neck and head.

The body showed evidence of sexual assault, including the presence of sperm.

She had head and face trauma, as well as abrasions and bruising on parts of her body, some suggestive of fingertip injuries to her lower abdomen, according to the autopsy report.

“She was a wonderful, bright, beautiful little girl,” Laura Gallagher said. “We love her and miss her with all our heart.”

(Much more at the link) http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/1...this#.UoP_MKHwX5A.facebook&rh=1#storylink=cpy

There are more questions answered in the article, that I really don't want to quote, including what became of her clothing.

I really hope Laura Gallagher is able to continue avoiding having to know the details. Perhaps a trial will be avoided too.

Bleh, this is really bringing back the memories of July. I am one to try to withhold judgement until all the facts are in, not to make assumptions based on outward appearances, not to read too much into mugshots, that kind of thing. But I will never forget the way my stomach dropped when TH turned and sneered at the news camera in that first clip we saw of him (weeks before the shootout). I don't usually experience the visceral/emotional reactions some do when looking at criminals, but I felt actual fear and menace, if just for a split second.

We of course couldn't outwardly discuss him as a suspect, and many were still focused on the parents because of their nontraditional marriage...but even still, in the few private conversations I had about him, it seemed the conclusion was generally reached, because of his FB page, that he was simply an IQ-challenged stoner. I mostly wrote him off as a suspect myself, because of that. I just couldn't picture him working up the motivation to get up off the couch, much less commit a murder.

But I think my "gut" knew something was very wrong with him. I assume LE (with their actual professionally-trained guts) knew he was hinky from day one...if not hour one.

Bleh, this is really bringing back the memories of July. I am one to try to withhold judgement until all the facts are in, not to make assumptions based on outward appearances, not to read too much into mugshots, that kind of thing. But I will never forget the way my stomach dropped when TH turned and sneered at the news camera in that first clip we saw of him (weeks before the shootout). I don't usually experience the visceral/emotional reactions some do when looking at criminals, but I felt actual fear and menace, if just for a split second.

We of course couldn't outwardly discuss him as a suspect, and many were still focused on the parents because of their nontraditional marriage...but even still, in the few private conversations I had about him, it seemed the conclusion was generally reached, because of his FB page, that he was simply an IQ-challenged stoner. I mostly wrote him off as a suspect myself, because of that. I just couldn't picture him working up the motivation to get up off the couch, much less commit a murder.

But I think my "gut" knew something was very wrong with him. I assume LE (with their actual professionally-trained guts) knew he was hinky from day one...if not hour one.

I felt the same way and suspected him immediately.

This is the worst case I have followed here. I mean they are all terrible, but this one is so sickening. I can hardly follow the updates because each time is like a punch in the gut. I'm giving it up to God, and I pray that little Alanna is running joyfully in a field of bluebells and someday her mama will meet her again on the far side banks of Jordan.

am I completely losing it or didn't we know that there was a hottub at his home? I could swear we talked about the hot tub.

It has been quiet on this case for so long I could be remembering wrong.

am I completely losing it or didn't we know that there was a hottub at his home? I could swear we talked about the hot tub.

It has been quiet on this case for so long I could be remembering wrong.

There was a small hottub at the Gallagher home. LE took samples of water from it, and samples of water treatment chemicals. I think all we could ever see in TH's backyard was a trampoline? Perhaps there was speculation about a covered hottub (just because all we had to go on was satellite photos), but I believe you are probably recalling the Gallagher hottub.

Actually I'll go one further and say that if there had been a hottub at the Holder house, we would have seen samples from it on the arrest warrant. I'm one of the people who read the arrest warrant many times (ugh) and it wasn't on there.

Thank you Ariane just realized where the hot tub idea came from

Police have said since last week that no one in the family is a suspect in the murder case, but details in a search warrant first obtained by News 8 on Monday showcased a long list of items &#8212; more than 100 &#8212; that FBI and other investigators removed from the family home.
It includes DNA and possible blood swabs, computers, dozens of rolls of toilet paper, restraints, and hot tub water.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Murd...r-lived-in-polymory-household--214849411.html

I agree, if there were a hot tub at this freak's home if would for sure be in the warrants of items/samples seized. Thanks again :)

This is the worst case I have followed here. I mean they are all terrible, but this one is so sickening. I can hardly follow the updates because each time is like a punch in the gut. I'm giving it up to God, and I pray that little Alanna is running joyfully in a field of bluebells and someday her mama will meet her again on the far side banks of Jordan.

I totally agree song22, this one is so awful, so heartbreaking. I barely click on her thread because it breaks my heart to see her sweet face. I don't even think I posted in July, just read, and cried.

Prayers and a candle for the Gallagher and McDaniel families tonight. I believe with all my heart that beautiful Alanna is dancing and singing in heaven, but the world will always miss her.

As far as I know we never saw any pool in the Holder yard. Is there any chance she was simply submerged in a bathtub? (Sorry.) If it's a newer home it might have had those "garden" tubs, which can be quite deep. Since we know LE took water samples and spa chemicals from the Gallagher home, I wonder if it's as simple as he submerged her in a bathtub full of water, adding some kind of bleach-based household cleaner (if not bleach itself) to try to destroy evidence. So LE smells the bleach on her and thinks maybe pool or hottub (hence those water samples and the seized bathing suits).

Edit: matou, wasn't she in also inside a lawn/garbage bag? (I've forgotten now, between initial rumors + arrest warrant). If so, that might have contained most of the remaining liquid, leaving the exterior of the rolled tarp dry, in theory.

That was my first thought precisely, he used the bathtub and bleach to try to destroy evidence. MOO

One wife and two husbands? That's polygamy in reverse. But can't see how that has anything to do with the murder of their daughter when they have all the dna from the neighbour, even his sperm on the body.and all the other evidence they found in his home including her watch.

yes, the family dynamic was unusual and nontraditional to say the least. But it turns out it had zero to do with what happened to this little cutie.

I, for one, learned a valuable lesson with this case.

I had some suspicions that, despite my best attempts to practice tolerance and non judgement, colored my thinking on this case in the initial couple of days. Had I hung my hat on those suspicions and run with them I would feel mighty bad (worse than I do) after the true killer was found.

I wait for justice for this little darlin and her nontraditional family is now a frequent visitor in my prayers as they find a way to live with their loss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back