TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming the puppy wasn't located? Sadly, I believe someone took Caleb against his will. For the puppy, robbery? Hopefully the forensic investigators can provide answers soon.

I know folks who live near Oso Bay and that general area (the canals) and I hate to bring it up but they have DEFINITELY seen gators in and around the waters.
I was wondering but didn’t want to seem ghoulish. Thanks for sharing that information. I saw huge ones outside of Houston when I was visiting a few years ago. (they were at a state park, but living in the wild)

Watched the interview and CCPD Assistant Chief Todd Green mentions the folks who've been ruled out but does not mention the friend who was visiting (from San Antonio, I believe?) at all. The most recent CCPD Blotter update describes this person as a "mutual friend." Maybe he generalized and lumped this person in with "roommates have been ruled out" but I thought it was interesting given that leads took them up to San Antonio and New Braunfels.

Reading between the lines, the assistant chief seems hopeful digital forensics will help resolve this case.

Watched the interview and CCPD Assistant Chief Todd Green mentions the folks who've been ruled out but does not mention the friend who was visiting (from San Antonio, I believe?) at all. The most recent CCPD Blotter update describes this person as a "mutual friend." Maybe he generalized and lumped this person in with "roommates have been ruled out" but I thought it was interesting given that leads took them up to San Antonio and New Braunfels.

Reading between the lines, the assistant chief seems hopeful digital forensics will help resolve this case.
When you say the friend who was visiting from San Antonio, do you mean the person who drove off from the apartment complex that was seen by the Uber driver when they arrived at about 3:20am? If so, they are two different people.

Earlier in the night Caleb had been gaming with his friends in person and with a friend online. The person who was seen driving away was visiting their girlfriend in another apartment I believe, and LE had stated they were ruled out. On the more recent timelines we're being given, this person isn't being mentioned as far as I can tell

If anyone's able to explain it a bit better or more clearly, please do :) I think I've read so much I'm confusing myself now. I'm in the UK as well, and some links are blocked so it's not easy to find consistent news sources

MAR 29, 2024

Corpus Christi Police Department Timeline of the night Caleb Harris went missing

12:56 a.m. on Monday, 3/4/24 — A doorbell camera at a nearby apartment captures Harris, his friend, and one of Harris’ roommates in the parking lot playing with a puppy belonging to the girlfriend of one of Harris’ roommates. Nothing appeared out of the ordinary, and the three young men returned to Harris’ apartment. Their mutual friend departed shortly thereafter.

2:20 a.m. — The second of Harris’ two roommates informs Harris that he (the roommate) is going to bed. Harris replies that he is going to stay up to order snacks via Uber Eats for his school lunch on Monday.

2:44 a.m. — Harris shares a Snapchat video with his younger sister showing Harris walking the puppy through what appears to be the apartment complex parking lot.

3:03 a.m. — Harris sent a SnapChat photo to a high school friend in San Antonio showing a small bridge over a drainage ditch on the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin, within a few hundred feet of the entrance to his apartment complex.

3:12 a.m. — Harris’ cell phone last shared location data with the nearest cell phone tower.

3:20 a.m. — The Uber Eats driver delivers Harris’ order to his apartment, leaving it outside the front door per the order request.

11:00 a.m. — One of Harris’ roommates discovered the Uber Eats order outside the front door and Harris’ pickup truck parked in front of the apartment. Harris’ wallet and keys were found in the apartment. All that appeared to be missing was Harris and his cell phone.

MAR 29, 2024

Ennis-Joslin.png
Image via Google Maps

[...]

March 3
According to CCPD, Harris played video games with his two roommates at their off-campus apartment, at the Cottages, off Ennis Joslin Road near S. Padre Island Drive. Harris’ friend from Colorado was also at the apartment, visiting.

[...]

March 4
At 3:03 p.m., Harris sends a Snapchat message to his friend in San Antonio. Police said Harris took a photo by “a small bridge over a drainage ditch on the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin, within a few hundred feet of the entrance to his apartment complex.”

[...]

MAR 29, 2024

Ennis-Joslin.png
Image via Google Maps

[...]

March 3
According to CCPD, Harris played video games with his two roommates at their off-campus apartment, at the Cottages, off Ennis Joslin Road near S. Padre Island Drive. Harris’ friend from Colorado was also at the apartment, visiting.

[...]

March 4
At 3:03 p.m., Harris sends a Snapchat message to his friend in San Antonio. Police said Harris took a photo by “a small bridge over a drainage ditch on the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin, within a few hundred feet of the entrance to his apartment complex.”

[...]
Hmmm, am I mistaken? I must be misinterpreting the statement from the other link. I thought the Colorado friend was at his home in Colorado, but playing online with Caleb and the friend (with Caleb and friend being at the Cottages apt).

“Harris and his friend played video games online for over an hour with another former high school classmate currently residing in Colorado.”

So confusing. o_O
https://ccpdblotter.wordpress.com/2024/03/28/missing-person-caleb-harris-update/

Hmmm, am I mistaken? I must be misinterpreting the statement from the other link. I thought the Colorado friend was at his home in Colorado, but playing online with Caleb and the friend (with Caleb and friend being at the Cottages apt).

“Harris and his friend played video games online for over an hour with another former high school classmate currently residing in Colorado.”

So confusing. o_O
MISSING PERSON CALEB HARRIS UPDATE
I know I read that the friend in Colorado was playing from CO, not in person.

So confusing. o_O
MISSING PERSON CALEB HARRIS UPDATE
Like everything else in this case, it's murky. lol

Here's what CCPD said...

Detectives have learned that Harris spent the evening hours of Sunday March 3rd inside his off-campus apartment on the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin Road, along with his two roommates and a mutual friend. Harris and his friend played video games online for over an hour with another former high school classmate currently residing in Colorado.

Like everything else in this case, it's murky. lol

Here's what CCPD said...

Detectives have learned that Harris spent the evening hours of Sunday March 3rd inside his off-campus apartment on the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin Road, along with his two roommates and a mutual friend. Harris and his friend played video games online for over an hour with another former high school classmate currently residing in Colorado.
Ah, okay, I see where the wording could be misinterpreted.

Poor Caleb, his family and friends. It feels like Shroedingers's cat scenario. I'm wondering if the roomates assumed he was asleep etc
When I was that age, at uni, I'd always go to bed late 3- 4 am, talking all night. Then up early afternoon. But, Caleb had a plan. Someone else earlier on mentioned about the snapchat pic, if it was a clue etc. Think there's only two possible scenarios at play here, hence my previous paragraph.
Thank you to everyone for timeline and sifting through the mire of confusion of online media. I read through the posts for clarification!

MAR 29, 2024

Ennis-Joslin.png
Image via Google Maps

March 3

[...]

March 4

[...]
Right here is where something happened !!! It was darker and foggy, but he walked up here expecting to walk back into his life, but he didn't. I am out of ideas.

Last edited:
Last edited:
"Detectives have learned that Harris spent the evening hours of Sunday, March 3 inside his off-campus apartment on the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin Road, along with his two roommates and a mutual friend," wrote CCPD senior officer Jennifer Collier on the CCPD blotter.

Harris and his friend played video games online for over an hour with another former high school classmate who currently resides in Colorado, the officer wrote.

Detectives have written 16 electronic search warrants, submitted more than 70 preservation requests and issued 14 subpoenas for electronic data related to the investigation. Forensic Computer Examiners have already reviewed over 600 gigabytes of electronic data and continue to pour over data as it arrives on an almost daily basis.

The investigative team, formed during the first days of the search, continues to meet daily to share information from the previous day’s efforts, discuss possible leads, and plot the course of the investigation. Detectives have reviewed, and followed up where appropriate, on fourteen Crime Stoppers tips, 31 tipline tips and several others from various sources.

Looks like the investigation has gone into cyberspace with warrants for data.
Puzzling.
Would love to know if it was foggy on the nights when the other Corpus young men went missing
At this point, that's what they need, IMHO. They need to know who else was in the area when he vanished.

Regarding the bridge Snapchat, just thoughts mulling in my little pea brain
ponder.gif

It’s been said by posters here that sometimes people just take photos of random things for Snapchat. But I believe the posters here said that was done in order to keep up “Streaks”. I looked up Streaks, and it entails having to send Snaps back and forth every day.

It doesn’t seem like the bridge photo was just a random photo taken by Caleb for this purpose, since the recipient friend has said he seldom looks at his Snaps.

I am unfamiliar with Snapchat workings…can people chat without an accompanying photo? Did he take it as a random photo just in order to send a chat message, in a caption form? (though it is unknown/unconfirmed if a caption was included)

What was he doing there? Was he trying to be kind, and waiting there for his UberEats delivery so the driver wouldn’t have to drive IN to the apts complex? (but then, the driver has said the order instructions said to leave on the porch, as I recall…so, guess not)

Perhaps I don’t understand Snapchat nor have the mindset of today’s young (yes, I am ancient :p), but it’s hard for me to think he’d take the picture for no real reason, totally random. I take photos only because I want to capture something that is meaningful to me, or interesting, in some way, so I guess that’s why I keep trying to attach meaning to the photo.

1711822295489.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member