TX TX - Don, 83, & Reda Rentz, 80, Atascocita, 26 Feb 2015

Blondie in Spokane
Thanks for link.
From there, "... the couple's young children, who live out of town..." A bit strange, w Mr & Mr R being 83 and 80 y/o.

______________________________________________________________________________________
Looking further, in above link, I noticed things a few things like (with my bolding) -
"All tipters stay anonymous."
"...stopped by the house, but no 1 answered..."
"...searched through some of the drawers as although robbery could have been a motive..."
"Our editors found this article on this site using Google and regenerated it for our readers."
'This site' is http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/h...sought-in-elderly-couple-s-deaths-6147333.php
Hmmm??????

Hm...the link is dead now.

How old were their kids? 30s-40s at the youngest, right?

This was an inside job, poor people. Who is the beneficiary?

Any news on suspects or POIs? The news seem to have forgotten about this.

I can't believe norhing ia going on as far as investigation, so why isn't it being reported? Such a heinous crime, plus the age of the victims. I'd be asking questions if this were my family or in my community.

I feel like these cases in the suburbs fall through the cracks for local media. There is so much new crime/murders every day in and around Houston, it's impossible to report updates for every case.

I do think this is an exceptional story and people would like updates.

The couple died as the result of blunt force trauma. Robbery appeared to be the motive.

Don and Reda were Houston natives and were married for almost 60 years.

Crime Stoppers will pay an increased reward of up to $20,000 for information leading to the charging and/or arrest of the suspects in this case.

Information may be reported by calling 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org. Tips may also be sent via a text message by texting the following: TIP610 plus the information to CRIMES (274637) or via mobile app (Crime Stoppers Houston). All tipsters remain anonymous.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crim...one-year-anniversary-couples-murder/81583796/

SurfieTX
Thanks for updating this thread - w story on one yr anniversary of this couple's horrible deaths.

Hoping that LE is making progress on this investigation.
Sad to see so many cases like this, w no immed arrests and no interim LE announcements.

Anybody local? Any updates? Thx in adv.
(Many yrs ago - 20+? - I dealt w Mr. R several times thru business. Nice man. I just did quick search but got zero.)

I remember this (I also live in Atascocita which is a really safe and nice area as far as not having tons of drugs or violence rampant) and our home was broken into days after this. I’ve always wondered if whomever broke into our home, was doing the same with this couple and was surprised by someone actually being there??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KhaosDisciple