Found Deceased TX - Enrique Medina, 2 mos, Edinburg, 2 June 2013

They found him in the canal

Oh no! Poor Baby!
Be at Peace Little one :rose:

I hope the investigation sorts out what really happened at this accident, and what happened to the baby!
This is so sad.

The 2-month-old baby authorities have been searching for in a canal has been found near bridge, according to Hidalgo County Sheriff's Department.

Authorities said the baby was not alive.

snipped

At one point the father told police he did not have the baby, and then at another point would say he might have had the baby.

snipped

Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino said the baby's mother confessed that all the adults in the vehicle had been heavily drinking.

The father could possibly face manslaughter or endangerment to a child charges.

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=905226#.UazZ9ECbMSM

Rest in peace, little one.

Brett Crandall ‏@BrettKGBT 11m
missing baby was found in canal by men fishing nearby. #rgv @kgbt

That just knocked the wind right outta me....damn.
Im SO sorry little guy... :(

Terrible. I hope justice is served for this little ones sake.

Sheesh.. wonder if he was thrown from the car or if he was dumped there by one of them :(

The 2-month-old baby authorities have been searching for in a canal has been found near bridge, according to Hidalgo County Sheriff's Department.

Authorities said the baby was not alive.

snipped

At one point the father told police he did not have the baby, and then at another point would say he might have had the baby.

snipped

Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino said the baby's mother confessed that all the adults in the vehicle had been heavily drinking.

The father could possibly face manslaughter or endangerment to a child charges.

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=905226#.UazZ9ECbMSM

Rest in peace, little one.

Thought as much. Absolutely disgusting is what some humans are :mad:

Some people try for years to have a baby, some people are not even fortunate to be able to conceive YET some of those that are in that fortunate situation are such pathetic , I can't even classify them human let alone a mother or father! People would give up their whole lives to look after a little baby boy like this, and look what this scum do! :mad:

I am so so sorry little baby boy. :(

IMO.

From that article...

The mother claimed there was a car seat in the vehicle and the child was strapped in. However, police were unable to find the child at the scene the day of the crash.

So did LE find a car seat or did the mother give the baby to the father still strapped into the car seat? Did the baby survive the accident only to drown in the canal, when the father possibly walked away with him and dropped him in the canal or was he already deceased from the accident and the father disposed of him like some trash?

I can't handle any more stories like this. My heart can't take it. I'm sorry no one was there for you little man. :( rest well sweet boy.

I don't think the article says, but was the baby found in the car seat in the water? I would think if he was in the seat, the baby would be easier to find & quicker?

Heres a little bit more information guys...

http://www.kveo.com/news/infant-recovered-following-deadly-roll-over-accident

While we were on the scene, three men actually saw the body of an infant in the canal and alerted authorities, who began the recovery mission.
An autopsy will be done immediately to confirm the baby's identity.

As for the father, authorities still haven't made any arrests and will continue to question him.

Meanwhile, close to the end of news time late Monday afternoon, KVEO Newscenter 23 confirmed with DPS that the deceased driver was 21-year-old David Lopez of Edinburg.

What a tragic waste of an innocent child's life. Makes me sick.

From that article...

So did LE find a car seat or did the mother give the baby to the father still strapped into the car seat? Did the baby survive the accident only to drown in the canal, when the father possibly walked away with him and dropped him in the canal or was he already deceased from the accident and the father disposed of him like some trash?

I'm putting my money on there not being a car seat at all. It was the family friend's car so it probably wouldn't have had a car seat. And I'm doubting three heavily intoxicated adults of this caliber would think to bring it. JMO.

I'm putting my money on there not being a car seat at all. It was the family friend's car so it probably wouldn't have had a car seat. And I'm doubting three heavily intoxicated adults of this caliber would think to bring it. JMO.

I think you may be right, therefore it would be more likely the baby was injured (maybe severely or fatally). Can't imagine how the Mom & Dad will live with themselves now.

Safe Haven laws, people. Use them for crying out loud!

I think you may be right, therefore it would be more likely the baby was injured (maybe severely or fatally). Can't imagine how the Mom & Dad will live with themselves now.

I guess you are assuming these are normal thinking adults. People who have any sense at all, would not be out doing that, not to mention driving around with a new baby. It mentions the age of the driver as 21, but not parents, or did I miss that? They may now see themselves as victims!
My daughter worked as window teller at a bank for a while and said she even saw a lady with twins, too young to hold their heads up properly, strapped into a seat belt in the backseat. She called 911, but never knew if they stopped this woman or not. She stayed upset due to seeing all kinds of things from that window.

From that article...

Think about it!
If the FATHEr could be charged with manslaughter (he was not driving) (the baby had a car seat) Why would he be charged with that unless he removed that child from the scene.
Im confused still!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back