Found Deceased TX - Enrique Medina, 2 mos, Edinburg, 2 June 2013

It sounds to me,like the baby was not in a carseat when he was found. IMO

http://www.themonitor.com/news/local/article_a728e366-cca8-11e2-8588-001a4bcf6878.html

'Monitor' photographer recounts finding body

How the child ended up in the water down the road from the scene of the rollover is unclear. Whether the child died from the wreck or drowned afterward will be discovered in the days to come with the help of an autopsy that has been ordered. However, for this day, more questions than answers lingered.

Think about it!
If the FATHEr could be charged with manslaughter (he was not driving) (the baby had a car seat) Why would he be charged with that unless he removed that child from the scene.
Im confused still!

It is sounding to me like the child may have survived the accident. After the accident, the mother handed the baby to the father, who was intoxicated and possibly confused from the accident. He walked away from the scene with the baby. Maybe he slipped near the canal and dropped the baby, not even realizing what he had done, and continued on his way. It sounds like, since he left the scene, he may not have been fully with it and more than just a bit intoxicated.

This is all my speculation of the chain of events. That poor baby should have never been in that vehicle to begin with.

I guess you are assuming these are normal thinking adults. People who have any sense at all, would not be out doing that, not to mention driving around with a new baby. It mentions the age of the driver as 21, but not parents, or did I miss that? They may now see themselves as victims!
My daughter worked as window teller at a bank for a while and said she even saw a lady with twins, too young to hold their heads up properly, strapped into a seat belt in the backseat. She called 911, but never knew if they stopped this woman or not. She stayed upset due to seeing all kinds of things from that window.

I 100% agree with you, I had a little rant earlier in this thread. Children and babies have no choice to be a passenger in one's vehicle... So it is absolutely disgusting when a parent fails their duty of care not to protect their child on the roads! And this starts with no drink driving or when fatigued, buckling up correctly, driving safely & within speed limits, correct child seat restraints etc!
Zero respect for all the adults in that vehicle! The only victim is this poor little baby Enrique. :(

The family has set up a bank account for donations for Enrique's funeral. I would feel very uncomfortable donating money to the parents.

The family has set up a bank account for donations for Enrique's funeral. I would feel very uncomfortable donating money to the parents.

Hopefully it's set up by a third party (or responsible family member) interested in giving that baby a proper burial. Funerals are so expensive.

Then don't donate. I think the donations are for the funeral of the baby.

I was pointing out with parents this irresponsible what guarantee do people have the money will go to the actual funeral services. That's just my opinion.

Mom may THINK the baby survived the accident. But a baby that small and fragile can have severe internal injuries from a car crash. The baby may have died in Dad's arms and dad disposed of him. I hope they are given some birth control so they grow up before they have any more childen!

Mom may THINK the baby survived the accident. But a baby that small and fragile can have severe internal injuries from a car crash. The baby may have died in Dad's arms and dad disposed of him. I hope they are given some birth control so they grow up before they have any more childen!

http://www.themonitor.com/news/local/article_9acc08b6-cd28-11e2-b9fd-001a4bcf6878.html

Father charged with manslaughter after baby's body found

EDINBURG — A 21-year-old man told authorities he lost his baby boy after a drunken fall into a rural Edinburg canal following a fatal auto wreck early Sunday morning.

Enrique Medina cried with his head cast down and his brow pained and furrowed as he stood before Justice of the Peace Homer Jasso, who formally charged him with manslaughter at a Tuesday morning arraignment hearing. Bond was set at at $500,000.

So, so sad. This dad just turned legal drinking age not too long ago. That's not to say that he never drank before his 21st birthday.. but he's still so young and immature. It's unfortunate that the poor decisions of these adults ended in the loss of an innocent baby boy. Rest in peace baby boy.

Why did the mother even give the dad the baby? I would assume an ambulance would be on its way, so why not let dad go home and keep the baby to get him checked and make sure he is okay? I guess that's a stupid question when all 3 adults got into a car with a baby when they were extremely drunk:banghead:
So the father is saying he stumbled and fell near the canal and dropped the baby? If there was no water in the babys lungs this means he perhaps died from a head injury? wtf would the father just drop him, leave him there and just go home and have a sleep? Almost like he just dropped a pair of sunnies or his wallet or something.

So these three drunk adults climbed into a car with their 2 month old baby? They should ALL be thrown in jail for manslaughter, imo.

So these three drunk adults climbed into a car with their 2 month old baby? They should ALL be thrown in jail for manslaughter, imo.

I agree. I will never understand why anyone makes the choice to drink and drive. If you don't care about yourself anymore than that, fine...but at least have enough respect for your passengers and the other drivers on the roads to not drink and drive. There's never an excuse for doing something that stupid. Jeez.

I also can't believe they aren't charging the mother with anything, considering she was drunk too. In some states, they can charge the passenger with some type of intoxication charge if they and the driver are both intoxicated. That happened to the daughter of a lady I used to work with; the driver was drunk and her daughter was the passenger. The driver got a DUI, and her daughter was charged with something related to being intoxicated. That happened over 12 years ago now though, so things may have changed by now. If nothing else, the mother should at least be charged with negligence. She had a choice of whether or not to get in that vehicle.

Why did the mother even give the dad the baby? I would assume an ambulance would be on its way, so why not let dad go home and keep the baby to get him checked and make sure he is okay? I guess that's a stupid question when all 3 adults got into a car with a baby when they were extremely drunk:banghead:
So the father is saying he stumbled and fell near the canal and dropped the baby? If there was no water in the babys lungs this means he perhaps died from a head injury? wtf would the father just drop him, leave him there and just go home and have a sleep? Almost like he just dropped a pair of sunnies or his wallet or something.

BBM
“The child was almost, you could say, in perfectly good health when Mr. Medina was carrying him,” Treviño said. “There’s no doubt that the child, in my opinion, anyway, died from drowning and not from any blow or any trauma received during a traffic accident.”

The water in his lungs wasnt from decomposition..it was from drowning.

A preliminary autopsy showed the baby had no injuries after the wreck, the sheriff said. He said a pathologist noted there was likely no water in the child’s lungs because of decomposition.

http://www.themonitor.com/news/local/article_9acc08b6-cd28-11e2-b9fd-001a4bcf6878.html

I THINK my take on this is correct....

I am wondering if on top of it the dad had a concussion or something that explains his bizarre behavior. I don't get the sense that he was the type just tired of a baby who didn't care and a concussion could explain some of it

The aunt is asking for the donations and I think any money should be donated directly to the funeral home. I would not want to donate a dime that may directly help this drunk man or woman. They made a terrible choice and they both need to be charged. Mom with neglect if nothing else. It's just sickening!

I agree. I will never understand why anyone makes the choice to drink and drive. If you don't care about yourself anymore than that, fine...but at least have enough respect for your passengers and the other drivers on the roads to not drink and drive. There's never an excuse for doing something that stupid. Jeez.

I also can't believe they aren't charging the mother with anything, considering she was drunk too. In some states, they can charge the passenger with some type of intoxication charge if they and the driver are both intoxicated. That happened to the daughter of a lady I used to work with; the driver was drunk and her daughter was the passenger. The driver got a DUI, and her daughter was charged with something related to being intoxicated. That happened over 12 years ago now though, so things may have changed by now. If nothing else, the mother should at least be charged with negligence. She had a choice of whether or not to get in that vehicle.
You spoke from my heart thank you!!! This is exactly how I feel!!! As a mother or father, you place your child in a car that is driven by someone who is intoxicated! You are gone! Whether the child is injured or not!!! I do not respect you! If there is an emergency call 911, a baby's life is forefront before deportation. We need to protect our little babies :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back