GUILTY TX - Grace Lillian Ford, 2, murdered in Plano, 9 Jan 2014

Whomp whomp.

What are the rules for discussing something from the scanner that hasn't been in MSM?

Plain and simple... You can't mention, discuss nor quote anything from the scanner threads up here... that's the critical rule. If you have more questions, the mods can give you more (and better) advice... I just stick to keeping it all HUSH-HUSH ;)

Per the article:

"Family members of Grace say she lived with her mother and stepfather in Plano."

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=53651

And, if going on the video report (linked in a previous post) then it would be her stepfather who made the 911 call.

All very strange... at least until we know more.

Why is it the friends and family of the stepfather that are holding the fundraiser? That's strange, isn't it? You would think it would be Grace's parents or grandparents?

Salem

Why is it the friends and family of the stepfather that are holding the fundraiser? That's strange, isn't it? You would think it would be Grace's parents or grandparents?

Salem

Another odd thing is that the fundraiser was held on the same day as the funeral. Why didn't the stepfather's family attend the funeral? I just don't like how they were held on the same day.

A funeral service will be held at 2:00 p.m., Saturday, January 18, 2014, at First Baptist Church, 1300 E. 15th Street, Plano, Texas

Fundraiser Held In Midland For 2-year-old Girl Killed In Plano 1/18/14

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=53651

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/da...ry.aspx?n=grace-ford&pid=169141236&fhid=15380

Okay I commented on the scanner thread about something if anyone is interested. We can't discuss things from it not in MSM so that's why I posted it there:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129186&page=7

Peachy opened a thread where we can discuss the scanner info. Here's a link and it's the one to use (just click on the underlined words below):

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

(Also, I'll see if I can get a mod to move your comment there ;))

[modsnip]

I find it almost fascinating how many people believe that Grace was killed by a outsider, enough to raise $11,000+ dollars, because a few online comments say "No, it wasn't the parents, there was a babysitter" etc despite the article saying that Grace was found dead at her own house, no mention of a babysitter, CPS investigating, police not looking for any intruder, etc. I feel like if the parents had reported Grace missing, everyone would think the parents were involved. I think it has to do with 1. I always hear gun owners say they have a gun incase someone breaks into their home and tries to kill their whole family, and Texas is a very pro-gun state, so what happens to Grace is not only something they fear on a daily basis, but also see as very probable to happen and 2. [modsnip] and 3. The babysitter---People just assume the babysitter is true, and they can't get why a parent would assault the babysitter, and kill their child. The babysitter allows the parent to not be home when Grace was killed.

If the people who are donating to the family know them, I don't find it unsual in the least bit. It's easy for us as on lookers to be suspicious of people we don't know. Much harder to think the smiling parents you know and saw playing with and loving their kids could have harmed them.

Also, what are we thinking here? That two ex partners and one step parent all conspired to kill and/or cover up the murder of their baby? That kind of doesn't make sense.

This is an odd case and it has all the elements of a case that should have much more publicity than it does. Adorable little blonde girl? Check. Young, attractive parents? At least in the case of the mother- check. Mysterious, unexplained and far fetched circumstances? Check. No arrest? Check.

Why isn't there more media interest? What's the deal here?

What was it that you found strange? I saw it and didn't notice anything. However I don't know if anything has been changed since you last looked.

If the people who are donating to the family know them, I don't find it unsual in the least bit. It's easy for us as on lookers to be suspicious of people we don't know. Much harder to think the smiling parents you know and saw playing with and loving their kids could have harmed them.

Also, what are we thinking here? That two ex partners and one step parent all conspired to kill and/or cover up the murder of their baby? That kind of doesn't make sense.

This is an odd case and it has all the elements of a case that should have much more publicity than it does. Adorable little blonde girl? Check. Young, attractive parents? At least in the case of the mother- check. Mysterious, unexplained and far fetched circumstances? Check. No arrest? Check.

Why isn't there more media interest? What's the deal here?

Well, I am on the fence, but if it was a family member, I do not think it was all three. My best guess would be something happen accidentally or unitentionally . Although I would think/hope the parent(s) would be arrested right away.

The lack of media interest is odd. I don't think there's even been 10 articles written about the case yet. There's been other cases where I'm baffled at why it's getting so little coverage, but those cases were much more publicized than this one. I feel like it has something to do with Grace not being missing. I know that doesn't make much sense because a murdered 2-year-old would seem just as newsworthy, but I've noticed major differences in the media coverage that missing children get v. murdered children who are never missing. I even read a book about how the media reports on crime victims, and the author says once the victim is found dead, the story is "over". The media plays out the "Search for X" showing thousands looking for the victims, parents pleading, possible sightings, making the public think the victim could be alive, but that saga isn't possible if the victim is dead. Just look at how Jessica Ridgeway and Kyron Horman got a lot more national attention than Leila Fowler and Alanna Gallagher, for instance.

Well, I am on the fence, but if it was a family member, I do not think it was all three. My best guess would be something happen accidentally or unitentionally . Although I would think/hope the parent(s) would be arrested right away.

The lack of media interest is odd. I don't think there's even been 10 articles written about the case yet. There's been other cases where I'm baffled at why it's getting so little coverage, but those cases were much more publicized than this one. I feel like it has something to do with Grace not being missing. I know that doesn't make much sense because a murdered 2-year-old would seem just as newsworthy, but I've noticed major differences in the media coverage that missing children get v. murdered children who are never missing. I even read a book about how the media reports on crime victims, and the author says once the victim is found dead, the story is "over". The media plays out the "Search for X" showing thousands looking for the victims, parents pleading, possible sightings, making the public think the victim could be alive, but that saga isn't possible if the victim is dead. Just look at how Jessica Ridgeway and Kyron Horman got a lot more national attention than Leila Fowler and Alanna Gallagher, for instance.

Yes. I did think about that - the quest to "find" the child intrigues the media.
But look at the Jon Benet Ramsey case. Of course a mansion is far different from a "complex" I guess. But still.

As to looking at the parents, if the child was found dead at her mother's home, why are the actions of the father being questioned? And if he somehow went over there and did something, why is the mother and step father being scrutinized?

All three, in my mind, cannot be involved together yet no one is publicly accusing the other parent. I wonder what's being said in private.

I think the family knows, though. Possibly the silence is due to the imminence of an arrest.

Yes. I did think about that - the quest to "find" the child intrigues the media.
But look at the Jon Benet Ramsey case. Of course a mansion is far different from a "complex" I guess. But still.

As to looking at the parents, if the child was found dead at her mother's home, why are the actions of the father being questioned? And if he somehow went over there and did something, why is the mother and step father being scrutinized?

All three, in my mind, cannot be involved together yet no one is publicly accusing the other parent. I wonder what's being said in private.

I think the family knows, though. Possibly the silence is due to the imminence of an arrest.

In a book about the Ramsey case, a CNN reporter said when they first heard about the case, they weren't that interested. Here's the quote

"During the final days of '96, I read about a little girl murdered in Colorado. In the news business, it was the sort of story you'd quickly dismiss--it didn't have a national feel to it. But when it emerged the child had been a child beauty queen, the story became sexier."

Of course that was 17 years old, and the media has changed and expanded a lot since then. I am not sure if CNN knew the family was wealthy when they dismissed the story at first. I think the reason why missing children get more attention is because there are hundreds of children murdered every year, yet much fewer children whose disappearance sparks a massive search effort.

Good point about how none of the parents are accusing each other.

It would be interesting to know the intricacies of the relationship between the parents and the baby sitter? Another reason why some "spy" cameras, or long range baby monitors around the house would be a great idea. I would never trust someone out of the newspaper, or even recommended to me through a "friend" without being able to witness at LEAST a few interactions between them and the child/ren. Especially not in these days and times. God only help that person if I witnessed something evil. I really hope this isn't the beginning for more problems due to liquor stores opening up in this community, it used to be a dry city. Another troubling aspect is that this happened within close proximity to the Plano police station, but hopefully that proximity to the crime scene will help speed the case up and result in arrests. I sincerely hope they or the people of this forum can figure this one out.

I hope an arrest is imminent !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

News Story with a bit more detail. 4 CPS cases? I think we know why there was a request to seal the court records in the ongoing custody dispute.
The police have never said that they have ruled anyone out as a suspect and there are multiple factions having fundraisers and collecting donations. Chilling to think that people may be unwittingly donating money to someone who may have had something to do with this little girls death.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/01/22/police-say-plano-toddler-was-suffocated-cause-of-death-homicide/

It sounds to me, reading between the lines, that they have an idea what happened.

Officials with Plano police told CBS 11 News the death has deeply affected the department and detectives are working weekends and holidays to build a case against the person responsible.

Grace would have turned 3-years-old in February. The preliminary autopsy report lists the toddler’s cause of death as homicidal violence.

“It confirms our suspicions from the onset of our investigation and we’re gonna move forward with what we had suspected all along,” said Plano police Officer David Tilley.

I feel sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member